“Comfortable Stay”

Vine House B&B and Self-Catering
Ranked #1 of 3 Guilsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Located in a quiet Welsh village. Comfortable bed. Excellent freshly cooked breakfast. Two pubs within walking distance. We chose The Kings Head and our host Eve made reservations for us. Hosts Steve and Eve were welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Eve P, Owner at Vine House B&B and Self-Catering, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you very much. I hope you continued to have a good holiday and a very comfortable journey back to Australia.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is my first review for trip advisor and I have to say I have never stayed anywhere better. The owners couldn't do enough to make my husband and I welcome. The room we stayed in was spotless and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in! Better than mine at home. The owner asked what time we would like breakfast and it was perfect - fresh fruit and cooked breakfast. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Thank you for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014

That was a wonderful review, I feel very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Guilsfield.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Absolutely superb, there are insufficient words in my vocabulary to describe how wonderful
the Vine House is.
The attention we received from Eve was outstanding and made our stay even better than the wonderful scenery surrounding Guilsfield.
Dinner at the Kings Head is to be recommended and only a few minutes walk away.
Breakfast was indeed a feast. A return visit is a must ..

Room Tip: The twin overlooks the garden.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for leaving such a kind one. We are really pleased your stay met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visiting my parents for a family get together, usually a travel lodge in Oswestry but treated ourselves to a night at Vine House. Literally around the corner from relatives. The B+B is attached to the main house which gives privacy but still a homely feel.The place is spotless and Eve is lovely, genuinely welcoming, interested in your visit and sharing knowledge of the village. We had the twin room which was just fine as the other room was booked. Breakfast was whenever we wanted, cooked to order plus all the cereal, fresh fruit you could want.

Eve provides torches as the lanes at night are quite dark.....and visitors pinch the torches.Tut Tut

Free wifi is appreciated and parking was on the drive.

Room Tip: The B and B has two rooms, one with a double bed and one with twin beds.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Eve P, Owner at Vine House B&B and Self-Catering, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure having you stay and I'm really glad you had a wonderful family get-together. Hope to see you here again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed in the Vine House for one night as we were attending a family birthday near Welshpool. Eve was absolutely wonderful and even allowed me to have a lay in for mothers day, making breakfast later. The whole house is absolutely spotless and the ensuite room with the most comfortable king size bed was absolutely fab (a great nights sleep). It's location is a wonderful quiet location.
Breakfast was absolutely lovely and for Eve nothing was too much trouble. Before arriving I was concerned that I would feel uncomfortable being in someone elses home, but I needn't have worried as the B&B itself is self contained and Eve was so easy to chat to. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure having you stay and I'm really glad you enjoyed your lie-in. Hope to see you here again.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Pleasant accommodation situated in quiet location, within a few minutes walk of the excellent Kings Head pub, and just a couple of miles from Welshpool. Very good breakfast served by friendly and helpful owner, Eve. Cosy room and ensuite facilities all excellent. All in all, very good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Like many of the other Reviewers who have reviewed the Vine House, I cannot thank Eve and Steve enough for the way they looked after me. Not only did they pick me up and return me to the Station the next day, they booked taxis and even delivered a forgotten present to my friend in Welshpool. All in all they are the perfect hosts.
Vine House is situated a couple of miles out of Welshpool in an attractive village. My room was was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities and a modern shower. It was also very quiet. A fantastic breakfast was served downstairs in the guest's dining room. There is also a separate sitting room for guests to use. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014
Eve P, Owner at Vine House B&B and Self-Catering, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you stay. I would like to take this opportunity too to thank you for the Hotel Chocolat gift box you sent us. That was a really yummy surprise. We are most appreciative. Hope to meet you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilsfield
The Royal Oak Hotel
The Railway Inn
The Railway Inn
#2 of 3 in Forden
Edderton Hall Country House

Been to Vine House B&B and Self-Catering? Share your experiences!