“Lovely, spotless B&B with lovely hosts, breakfast not to be missed!”
Review of Chatcoombe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sketty
Chatcoombe
Ranked #1 of 1 Sketty B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Stayed for two nights while we settled our son in at university. Our hosts could not have looked after us better and we would recommend this B&B to anybody thinking of visiting Swansea. I nearly missed breakfast on the first morning, this would have been a catastrphic mistake!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ianm2005everton
There are newer reviews for Chatcoombe

Reviewed September 26, 2010

This is an excellent B&B run by very friendly hosts Richard and Merle. I booked at short notice, needing a one-night stay for a business trip. Booking was simple and straightforward. The room was immaculately clean and comfortable, with a great en-suite shower, and also has free Wi-fi (didn't know at the time of booking, but it was a huge plus to be able to get some last minute work done late in the evening).
Breakfast is delicious, built around lots of healthy, home-grown produce.

This would be a great base to explore the area for leisure/holidays, and there was a lot of useful tourist info available to guests.

Richard & Merle do all the simple things right to make you feel welcome - no synthetic 'customer service' mantras, but lots of friendly gestures. Eg Richard was kind enough, firstly, to give me a lift into town for my meeting, and, secondly to contact me to let me know of an item I'd left behind by mistake. A huge thank you to you both for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MDTeddington
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed at Chatcoombe for only one night on 4.9.2010. Our hosts Merle and Richard were etremely friendly and helpful and our welcome was lovely, the facilities excellent and breakfast was exceptional with a great choice of food. We were particularly impressed with the fruit on offer. The hot choice was cooked very well and served quickly. I cannot recommend this guest house highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Sioned27
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed with Richard and Meryl for just one night, but wished it could have been longer.

Perfectly located in a quiet area (no street noise at all), we were able to stroll down to Sketty Hall, where our function was taking place in just a few minutes (literally, less than 5 minutes). The accommodation was spotless (both our room and the room of my girlfriend's parents staying with us). The shower was hot and powerful and the breakfast served up genuinely worthy of 5 stars. A great find - cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank housty23
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Chatcoombe b and b is a lovely place to stay. It is affordable and is in the perfect location for exploring Mumbles and the Gower. We stayed there for a long weekend and we could not have asked for a nicer welcome from Richard and Myrle (the owners). Their generosity was second to none, they make a fabulous breakfast and the accomodation was clean,comfortable and tastefully decorated! Their incredible knowledge of Swansea made our stay effortless to plan and helped us to find the best local restaurants, lovely walks and viewpoints. Next time we are in the area, we will definitley stay at Chatcoombe.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexcaroline
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed with Meryl and Richard and although our stay was short this time, we couldn't have received better care. The breakfast is, I think, unbeatable, the house well situated, clean and comfortable. We shall be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sorrentojohn
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Richard and Meryl (the proprietors) are the perfect hosts.

At short notice I booked two nights, for my son and myself, at the B&B and was hugely impressed with the value for money accommodation and service. I’ve travelled the world and spent time in some of the top class 5* hotels and the Chatcoombe exceeds those for surpassing my expectations; a truly amazing find and a little gem.

Whole heartedly agree with other positive reviews, most notably Richard and Meryl made us feel so welcome and went out of their way to be helpful. Richard even kindly acted as taxi driver for my son and myself when we checked out and had overnight bags to carry to the nearby National Swimming pool where my son was competing.

We loved the room accommodation and the facilities on offer, and Breakfast was truly amazing. There was a surprising choice of juices, cereals, fruit salad, fresh berries, croissants, brioche, etc. On top of this was a well cooked breakfast where again the choice was extensive. Great place, friendly people, a real asset to the Swansea tourist trade. We would love to have stayed longer, thanks Richard and Meryl.

• Stayed: January 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sketty
Hurst Dene Hotel
#16 of 22 in Swansea
Travelodge Swansea M4
Travelodge Swansea M4
#10 of 22 in Swansea

Been to Chatcoombe? Share your experiences!