“Fantastic guest house, espeically if you need to go to Sketty Hall!”
Review of Chatcoombe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sketty
Chatcoombe
Ranked #1 of 1 Sketty B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed with Richard and Meryl for just one night, but wished it could have been longer.

Perfectly located in a quiet area (no street noise at all), we were able to stroll down to Sketty Hall, where our function was taking place in just a few minutes (literally, less than 5 minutes). The accommodation was spotless (both our room and the room of my girlfriend's parents staying with us). The shower was hot and powerful and the breakfast served up genuinely worthy of 5 stars. A great find - cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank housty23

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Chatcoombe b and b is a lovely place to stay. It is affordable and is in the perfect location for exploring Mumbles and the Gower. We stayed there for a long weekend and we could not have asked for a nicer welcome from Richard and Myrle (the owners). Their generosity was second to none, they make a fabulous breakfast and the accomodation was clean,comfortable and tastefully decorated! Their incredible knowledge of Swansea made our stay effortless to plan and helped us to find the best local restaurants, lovely walks and viewpoints. Next time we are in the area, we will definitley stay at Chatcoombe.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexcaroline
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed with Meryl and Richard and although our stay was short this time, we couldn't have received better care. The breakfast is, I think, unbeatable, the house well situated, clean and comfortable. We shall be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sorrentojohn
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Richard and Meryl (the proprietors) are the perfect hosts.

At short notice I booked two nights, for my son and myself, at the B&B and was hugely impressed with the value for money accommodation and service. I’ve travelled the world and spent time in some of the top class 5* hotels and the Chatcoombe exceeds those for surpassing my expectations; a truly amazing find and a little gem.

Whole heartedly agree with other positive reviews, most notably Richard and Meryl made us feel so welcome and went out of their way to be helpful. Richard even kindly acted as taxi driver for my son and myself when we checked out and had overnight bags to carry to the nearby National Swimming pool where my son was competing.

We loved the room accommodation and the facilities on offer, and Breakfast was truly amazing. There was a surprising choice of juices, cereals, fruit salad, fresh berries, croissants, brioche, etc. On top of this was a well cooked breakfast where again the choice was extensive. Great place, friendly people, a real asset to the Swansea tourist trade. We would love to have stayed longer, thanks Richard and Meryl.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I have now stayed at the Chatcoombe B&B 5 times now,and would not stay anywhere else in Swansea. Meryl & Richard are lovely people and made us very welcome.
There is not one fault that we could find,1st class everything,The breakfast is Awesome,the rooms are spotless and location ideal for Swansea and The Gower coast.
We will definatly be going back again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank iangi140
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed in this B+B with my girlfriend in August for four nights. It is ideally situated if you wish to explore the Gower region of Wales. What Merle and Richard, the owners of the B+B, don't know about tourism in the Gower probably isn't worth knowing. I have honestly never met anyone as helpful or knowlegable about their local area as them. The room we stayed in was lovely and as is mentioned in other reviews the breakfast is fantastic with plenty of choice to suit most people, it was so good in fact that you probably won't want much for lunch! To give you an idea of the friendliness and helpfulness that they are wiling to extend, when I wanted to take my girlfriend out to treat her to dinner and asked them to recommend a restaurant, Richard drove us to the restaurant so that I didn't have to drive and could enjoy some wine. Now that is service beyond the call of duty! Would I recommend this hotel to a friend, without a doubt!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank claretandbluerich
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We needed to find somewhere to stay close to where my family lived , we booked Chatcoombe solely for this reason.
We were made to feel very welcome, the room was nicer than we had expected with a huge choice of drinks. Breakfast was unlike anything id ever found at a b&b before. Huge choice of cereals, fruit salad, fresh berries, figs, croissants etc. This was as well as a cooked breakfast of which they had just about everything you could think of! Lovely place, lovely people, just a shame we only stayed for 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tntYork

Been to Chatcoombe? Share your experiences!