“Best hidden secret in The Gower”

Gower Wildflower Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Fairwood
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe/ Deli Fresh Local Food Exciting Specials Delivering Seasonal Treats Great Coffee And Scrumptious Cakes Available For Special Occasions Bespoke Menus A Speciality Great Friendly Service And Stunning Location.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

What a wonderful lunch we had last Sunday at Gower Wildlife Centre. I had a burger which was excellent quality! Fresh local produce with fresh salad. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed, the service was great and the Chef was extremely professional, it was great to see him in action? Prices were very reasonable and the quality high. I shall be returning to try their delicious sounding breakfast? the setting is beautiful well worth a visit.

1  Thank Jo Y

Reviewed June 22, 2013

On a weekend in Swansea popped into this little place for tea and cake on the way back from Gower. It's a bit off the main roads but well worth the trip. So enjoyed the very chilled atmosphere decide to try their Welsh fry up on Saturday morning. Took a while to come but the relaxed vibe was infectious and when the food came it was more than worth the wait and excellent value. The sausages were some of the nicest I've ever eaten. It doesn't have a huge menu - not that sort of place - but if you want a great fried breakfast and relaxed surroundings it's definitely the place for you.

2  Thank Bev T
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love cooking, probably even more than I love eating - and that's a lot - so I thoroughly enjoyed the soup that Gregg Sandles served me at The Gower Wildflower Centre the other day. It was one of the rare hot sunny days we've had this mixed up summer. My friend and I sat outside in the sunshine, next to the rows of healthy looking plants for sale, and ordered soup and bread. Gregg served up the best soup I've ever tasted. The beetroot soup was gloriously deep pink with a swirl of white cream and sprinkle of herbs in a white wide soup plate that showed it off perfectly. Fancying myself as a bit of a cheffy soupmaker myself, I asked Gregg how he'd made it. Shallots not onions for sweetness and sauted long and gently in local butter; a little apple juice in the stock, organic beetroots and some secret spicing up. I hope I haven't given too much away with this recipe but it shows the care and attention and downright skill Gregg brings to his food. The bread was great too served up with some more of that lovely yellow butter.
If you want to get away from it all and sit in beautiful countryside with only the birds to interrupt your conversation and have real food, locally sourced and beautifully cooked, then go to the Gower Wildflower Centre. It's unique setting, great food and gentle ambience will make it a genuine treat.
AFter your meal, you can browse the shelves for local food, crafts and books.

1  Thank serenity_healing
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This cafe is in an amazing setting, where you can sit and enjoy your cup of coffee whilst watching all the local wildlife go about their daily routine.

on my last visit i had an amazing bowl of homemade butternut squash soup, with warm freshly baked homemade bread mmmmmmmm my mouth is watering now just thinking about that bread! I enjoyed every spoonful and could have had seconds.

I also love the fact that the cafe sells lots of locally produced "extras".......on the day i mentioned above i also left with homemade Red Chilli pepper jam, locally produced Pork, leek and laverbread sausages, a huge chink of Pearl wen cheese and some beetroot and apple juice! What can i say the sausages were to die for, unlike store bought sausages you could actually taste every ingredient and the Red Chili Pepper jam OMG I will be stocking up on that on my next visit. You can also buy locally grown vegetables, which I didn't on this occasion but on my next visit i will definitely be picking up one or two of those butternut squash's.

I would recommend this little gem to anyone and everyone, in fact i have!!! Ideal to visit in this weather as well as they have a lovely outdoor decked area to sit and enjoy the weather with some amazing food!!

1  Thank helen C
Reviewed June 1, 2013

A friend suggested a visit to the centre following a day out in the gower. We were looking for a peaceful setting for afternoon tea and cake and that is exactly what we found at the wildflower centre. I would definitely recommend the place and particularly the cakes!

1  Thank emma888swansea