“Great food, great service and extras!”

Gower Wildflower Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Fairwood
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: cafe/ deli fresh local food exciting specials delivering seasonal treats great coffee and scrumptious cakes available for special occasions bespoke menus a speciality great friendly service and stunning location.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This cafe is in an amazing setting, where you can sit and enjoy your cup of coffee whilst watching all the local wildlife go about their daily routine.

on my last visit i had an amazing bowl of homemade butternut squash soup, with warm freshly baked homemade bread mmmmmmmm my mouth is watering now just thinking about that bread! I enjoyed every spoonful and could have had seconds.

I also love the fact that the cafe sells lots of locally produced "extras".......on the day i mentioned above i also left with homemade Red Chilli pepper jam, locally produced Pork, leek and laverbread sausages, a huge chink of Pearl wen cheese and some beetroot and apple juice! What can i say the sausages were to die for, unlike store bought sausages you could actually taste every ingredient and the Red Chili Pepper jam OMG I will be stocking up on that on my next visit. You can also buy locally grown vegetables, which I didn't on this occasion but on my next visit i will definitely be picking up one or two of those butternut squash's.

I would recommend this little gem to anyone and everyone, in fact i have!!! Ideal to visit in this weather as well as they have a lovely outdoor decked area to sit and enjoy the weather with some amazing food!!

1  Thank helen C
There are newer reviews for Gower Wildflower Centre

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A friend suggested a visit to the centre following a day out in the gower. We were looking for a peaceful setting for afternoon tea and cake and that is exactly what we found at the wildflower centre. I would definitely recommend the place and particularly the cakes!

1  Thank emma888swansea
Reviewed June 1, 2013

As a mother of a typical, energetic toddler I am always searching for cafes and restaurants where my husband and I can enjoy our food and not feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic. There are several cafes in Swansea where we feel we cannot go for fear of being stared at but this is not one of them.

This café is clean, airy and spacious and has a generally friendly and relaxed vibe. The surroundings are absolutely stunning, as you would expect from the Gower, with plenty of space for the little one to run around and let off some steam after food.

The menu is beautifully simple and offers wholesome food for all the family. The prices are more than fair considering the high quality of the food. My son was happy with his food, most importantly!

The site has ample parking and is really easy to find for those who are looking to avoid a headache on a family day out.

Overall I would say this café offers the perfect eating experience to compliment a day out down the Gower.

2  Thank Elizabeth E
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When you visit a new cafe you can't be sure what to expect.

Many cafes have seats crammed in, and can be loud, messy and characterless.

The Wildflower Cafe is in contrast relaxed, spacious and there is a lot of space. After one visit it has become one of our favourite meeting places in Swansea and we've recommended it to loads of our friends.

The food was really good - I had one of the burgers that have been raved about. The food isn't the cheapest, but the value for money is really good because the quality is so good. As someone who doesn't mind paying for good quality I loved it.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Arek E
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Having read such good reports we visited the place today. What a disappointment. The variety of food was rather limited, the salad was pale and limp and the prices excessively steep. The local produce was much like one can purchase in Swansea Market (with much more variety) for a great deal less and we found the owner to be somewhat brusque, almost to the point of being rude
There was no wild flowers to speak of anywhere to be seen. The "wild flower" meadow (as that's what it pertained to be) was a a poorly ploughed field containing solely grass and thistles with a milky looking pond and decrepit, worn out signs pointing out non- existent plants.

The ambience of the area was not much better with heavy machinery digging foundations for new holiday homes in the old garden nursery adjacent.

On a plus side, our little one did enjoy the swings and watching the blue birds and finches feeding

Maybe we called on a bad day but I would certainly not be recommending it to anyone

3  Thank jane-Beam