“Very friendly & helpful staff”

Footscray Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Footscray
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Good value rooms and conveniently located near the showgrounds. Staff very friendly and helpful and more than happy to serve drinks at the bar regardless of the hour we got in.

There is a tram stop right in front of the hotel, which can be noisy if you are in a front room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Treenec

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here two years ago for Equitana 2010, and was happy with the place, so I came back for this year's Equitana. It is not flash at all, but it is extremely convenient to the Showground and the Flemington Racecourse,. The staff were unfailingly helpful, and did a number of extra things for us quickly and graciously - things like changing our requirement for a rollout bed on an almost daily basis, as the third member of our party had to change her plans twice. If I have a criticism, is is that the double bed was a bit too hard for me - but some people like hard beds! I liked that the front desk is open 24/7 and I could get a decent coffee any time of the day or night. The motel's restaurant was surprisingly good - we ate in on two occasions (something I usually avoid when I'm in a hotel/motel) and had very fresh, expertly cooked meals each time. The chef knows what he's doing! There's good parking, and a tram runs along Droop Street which we could have taken to the Showground for Equitana. (The trams stop at midnight, and then it's as peaceful as an undiscovered tomb through the night.) I'll certainly keep returning here for my pilgrimaged to all things Horse.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MattnAnna
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A great place to stay, i came down from Sydney for cup week, very close to Flemington race course.
The staff are very courteous and polite, helpful with local information.
Their Restaurant is awesome fresh produce, nothing frozen and great chef.
I don't know what problem the guy below had, i found this place the total opposite...enjoy

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed from Wed 27/6/12 to Mon 1/7/12.
Receptionist direct and un-friendly on way in. May have been a new starter but that is no excuse for unpleasentness.
Paid bill on Sunday afternoon, receptionist obnoxious, unpleasent and rude. He took exception to me using the Bell on the reception desk! saying that the door had an alarm. I asked then why have a bell on the reception desk. He snatched the Bell away from the desk top and removed it.
In response to my request to pay any 'extras' as I was leaving early Monday morning, the receptionist spelled out my address 'Goolwa' and proceded to ridicule it and by inference me, he took a full 5 minuites to service my request making various irrelavent any snide comments which I did no know if was expected to respond to along the way.
Without doubt this is the most unpleasent experiance I have had in a Motel.
The room was at best adequate, the heating was inadequate and I had to wear street clothing to keep warm.
If you don't mind unpleasent people and have nowhere else to stay....you might stay here, otherwise best sleep in your car.
Edward Fletcher

Room Tip: do not accept a room facing the road
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Neville F
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We choose to stay here for the convienent location whilst attending a function nearby, it was quite dissapointing as we were given a different room type to that requested and the room allocated was not appropriate. Items required in the room were not there.
In general the rooms Itself needed updating and a thorough clean if this hotel wants to charge the rates they currently are.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank DigbyDP
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I would recommend this motel if you are staying in the area. It is clean and well maintained but pretty simple.. I think the rate is too high for what you get, but I had to stay in the area to visit family and was probably the best in the area.. If they want to charge that sort of rate at least have free WiFi.........

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank beno77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Footscray
Quest Flemington
Plough Hotel
#1 of 2 in Footscray
Sunshine Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Ardeer

Been to Footscray Motor Inn? Share your experiences!