“A favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Stag

The Old Stag
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Llangernyw
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Varberg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A favourite”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was there a couple of times last spring and I just loved it. So I had to go back there this summer. Three nights I had fish and chips and I enjoyed every minute. The 22 of november I will be back and have my favourite dish together with a beer. It's worth the trip all the way from Sweden.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sven A

“Great food at a very fair price”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had two meals here during a recent holiday in the area. There was a wide choice on the menu with something for everyone. The quality - price - quantity relation was excellent and the staff were very friendly. For the large family group we were, it was just perfect!

1 Thank Pastorgood
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“As good as ever!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visited the other day with my partner and child, beautiful food. Proper country pub. Specials were far above "pub grub" standard. Visited regularly when I was young, because food was best around pleased to say 20 years on this is still the case

Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful old pub, great food too!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This a really beautiful old pub (mid 17th century), with friendly staff and really good food. My sister and I had the steak pie, and my brother had the special of the day...trout with new potatoes and peas. All absolutely delicious, and served promptly by the very pleasant waitress. The beer was great too!!!

This was a`` trip down memory lane`` for us, as we had spent several summer holidays in a cottage nearby (about sixty years ago!), and had many happy memories of the village, which, incidentally has not changed very much !!. This is a lovely part of Wales, although we were surprised to meet so many English people......back in the day, almost everyone was Welsh speaking.

I would really recommend the Old Stag, both for the atmosphere, and the tasty food...and the beer, of course !!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The Place Where Time Stood Still”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A fantastic pub restaurant serving a fine ale and some good food. On entering you will be transferred back to the past but you will be treated by some fine staff. The food list is comprehensive but took some time to arrive. When it did, the wait was well worth it. Whilst waiting for the food ones attention is drawn to the multitude of artifacts from a bygone era dangling from the ceiling. The children will be amused for ages. The meat pie was fantastic and afterwards I was unable to venture on to the dessert. I did notice that the scampi also looked good.The portions are great and as a lover of cask ale I could not complain. I nearly forgot to mention that the price did not make a dent in my pocket.This pub appeared to be children and animal friendly and I will get back one day.

• Visited June 2013