“Fabulous Flying”
Review of Warren Windsports

Warren Windsports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tandem hang gliding flights with friendly, professional and qualified pilots. Fly over the Sydney Royal National Park, get a bird's eye view of Grand Pacific Drive - magnificent views & an exhilarating experience. Meet with family and non-flyers, in beautiful Stanwell Park Beach for a great day out. Gift Vouchers for tandem tours are available. Learn to fly solo with the Warren Windsports School.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Flying”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After watching a few other tandem hang gliders take off at a run and disappear over the edge of the Bald Hill Lookout and seeing them re-appear soaring up in the sky, I was keen to have a first time go at Hang Gliding.

Unfortunately, it didn't happen that day as my teenager bailed out at the last minute and it was getting late. I have to book again and fly when the weather is right.

The experience wasn't wasted though, it was just amazing seeing the hang gliders and the paragliders dominating the sky like birds. The view from the look out over Stanwell Park Beach and the coastline were well worth it. The view along the Grand Pacific drive and the Sydney Royal national park was wonderful.

I found the Warren Windsport's pilots to be extremely patient and flexible, if you are a first time tandem passenger like me, it's a great idea to chat with them and ask questions!

After being at the launch area we drove down the hill to the Stanwell Park Beach Reserve and watched the pilots come flying into the landing area, near the beach. All looked safe and professional, very graceful.

At the Stanwell beach reserve there is a great cafe and huge family friendly grassed area with picnic and play areas.

I recommend this experience to both passengers and the non-flying observers. Had a great day out.

I'll let you know how I go after I get to actually fly!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DeeS56
WarrenWindsports, Owner at Warren Windsports, responded to this review, May 5, 2015
Hi Dee,

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful visit to Stanwell Park. I hope you to got to fly eventually. If not, be sure to come and see us again SOON!