“Elegant Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Manor
London, United Kingdom
“Elegant Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Easy to get to (just off M40 but far enough not to hear it), the hotel has an impressive facade and a history to match. Nice grounds including a secluded swimming pool and croquet lawn.

Very friendly and helpful staff, Rooms comfortable enough, recently refurbed, public areas very comfortable.

Restaurant for dinner was very good - strongly recommend the 6 course taster menu - pea soup course was to die for - and a good breakfast too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Peter E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Serbian first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I picked this hotel purely for its location - breaking a journey to and from a weekend conference. I got lucky and found a little gem!

I'm not quite sure how a grown-up manor house can be cosy, but this one seemed so to me. I stayed in the main building in a nicely refurbished room with a comfy bed and a decent sized bathroom.

I had two fabulous dinners in the baronial dining room - which was nicely atmospheric - and breakfasted in the light and airy room adjacent with views of the garden. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The cream tea - which I indulged in on two occasions during my stay - was lovely, once I had tracked down the generous helping of scones which were tucked snugly into a napkin to keep them warm!

The staff in all areas - bar, reception and dining - were exceptional; friendly and professional.

I'm delighted that, purely by chance, I've found a bit of a treasure and will certainly return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel is charming and has lovely wooden beams, floors and wood panelling. On arrival we were met by the pleasant and helpful receptionist, Amy. We stayed in a suite which was large, very clean and very nicely and recently decorated. All the staff were pleasant, helpful and attentive. Breakfast was very tasty with several choices and nicely presented. We were both very impressed with the hotel and thoroughy enjoyed our nights stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeverlyJane
Nick H, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Jane,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your short break here at The Manor, and very much appreciate you taking the time to relate your experience on Trip Advisor.
Our team work very hard to add to our guests experience, and your feedback will be very motivating for them.
We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Weston on The Green in the not too distant future. When making any future plans I would be grateful if you would contact me personally so that I can ensure you receive a complimentary upgrade to one of our newly refurbished suites.
Kind regards
Nick Hanson, General Manager.
nick.hanson@themanorweston.co.uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

This has to be one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in for many years. The drive upto the hotel is impressive, my partner was extremely impressed. The hotel has a wonderful feel to it, the oak panels, wooden floors, rustic charm, log fires, spacious rooms, etc... all add to the beauty. The gardens are impressive. But the one thing that really stood out for us was the service, helpfulness and welcome we received from the staff. Before the trip I wanted to arrange for a few extras to make the whole trip something special for my partner. The staff bent over backwards to not only help but went the extra mile to make it all perfect. The restaurant staff were outstanding, the food excellent, and the price quite reasonable. A memorable weekend made even better by the Weston Manor Hotel and it's outstanding staff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wynn J
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Along with members of my family we have used both the restaurant and the hotel but on my last visit for an evening meal I was very disappointed.
It was made even more disappointing because when I raised issues in an email through their website I did not receive the courtesy of a reply.
The prices are high enough for one to expect excellent food, well presented and well served. A party of four with decent wine and pre-dinner drinks and coffees will see you with some change out of £400 but not a lot.
I personally objected to them taking my debit card details when I made the booking for dinner. They say that they don't take anything from the card and true they did not ask for the security code - so why do they need it?
When I approached them about it on the night that we went the girl on the reception desk said that it was so that they could take £20 per head if a party did not turn up.
They certainly didn't say anything like that when we called to book our table!!
I think that the chef is now trying too hard. Some dishes just don't work and I can only say that the set menu that we were offered was boring particularly in main courses. We asked about a beef dish that we had been offered on an earlier visit but just given a rather blank look that said you see what we have.
We then saw later an alternative and cheaper menu that did have the beef. We were just disappointed and felt that perhaps the accountants had taken over and the hospitality managers been overruled.
Sorry Manor but losing us will no doubt cost you a few thousands next year that we would be spending.
I don't enjoy writing poor reviews but you didn't bother to respond to my comments to you on your website so perhaps you don't want to take criticism seriously.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RichardSFC
Woking, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I actually wanted to forget that terrible experience, but now a year later came across the same adverd on the Secret Escapes, which brought the bad memories back , so could not resist writing..
Booking through Secret escapes was easy, pictures were superb , like the outside shell & surroundings of the hotel when you see it, but the rest is not worth a 1 star. We had a special occasion - to celebrate our wedding with some close realativies who could not be at the event itself, so my husband booked 3 rooms for two nights incl 3 course dinners for all in advance. The first room we we offered was disgracefully filthy& small in a kind of a basement area, with no room for a cot although our room was booked on a basis 2+1. The only other altrnative they offered was a room in a coach house( not adjusecent to the main building which meant no dressing up for diner as it was pissing with rain and you have to walk through mud!). Room was a bit bigger but very dark and just dire.. A room a would not consider even walking into under other circumstances but thee was no choice at that point..After 3 hours at the restaurant I had to go to bed with the baby with no desert ( service is slow and poor). Don't waste your money here, don't be taken by the skilful photographer! It was meant to be an exciting experience for us but turned out to be something I just want to forget about..

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nat W
Nick H, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
We are obviously very disappointed that your stay here at The Manor fell well below expectations.
It is difficult for me to comment on any particular issues that occurred 12 months ago, but would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and also the comprehensive refurbishment program that has recently been completed throughout the hotel.
Please do contact me personally on 01869 350621. I very much hope that we may be able to regain our laurels on a future occasion.
Yours sincerely
Nick Hanson, General Manager
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic weekend at the Weston Manor. Our room was at least double the size of the largest I had ever previously stayed, and it also had a large lounge. Unfortunately, the central heating did not work in our room for our stay, the management arranged for more than enough fan heaters to be deployed in order to make such a large room very toastie. We had booked the taster menu for both of our nights stays, and was not disappointed as the food and dining service was the highlight of our stay. Even though Weston Manor is a large old hotel, the log fires gives it a homely feeling. If in the area without the children, we will certainly book this hotel in an instant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston on the Green
Macdonald Bear Hotel
Macdonald Randolph Hotel
Bignell Park Hotel
Bignell Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Chesterton

Been to The Manor? Share your experiences!