My wife, I and our 2 year old daughter stayed at the Manor hotel over an April weekend. I had rung up earlier and made the booking over the phone, and since we all wanted to stay in one room together, they gave us a big room with a spacious bed where we three could sprawl around easily. The manor is a beautiful heritage building set amidst the idyllic Oxfordshire countryside not far away from the motorways, with lush green lawns, manicured gardens and an overall old-world charm that permeates every nook and cranny of the building. The rooms have plenty of character, and the dining hall [where breakfast is also served] is particularly striking, complete with timber paneling, high-beams, a spiral staircase and windows opening into a verdant croquet lawn, reminding us all how the barons from a bygone age used to wine and dine here.
We ordered room service from the bar menu, and the food was delicious. The staff was courteous, friendly and very helpful, taking special care of my daughter during breakfast next morning. Geographically, it’s conveniently located for exploring all the Oxforshire and Cotswold attractions, including the Bicester Village [just 10-15 mins drive from the manor] for those who are inclined to indulge in some designer shopping! The room rate was reasonable, given the fact that no modern hotel can recreate the ambience that one can experience in such a manor. I would highly recommend it, and without doubt will go back and stay there at the next possible opportunity.
PS: Don’t forget to take a stroll around the property after sunset to soak up the atmosphere when the building is lit up beautifully and everything is so evocatively quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, The Manor is the quintessential country house with award-winning cuisine, stunning bedrooms, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, meeting rooms and roaring fires. The Manor experience offers the perfect environment for an idyllic leisure break, a family stay, a business visit, as well as a variety of events, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings or team building. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, close to Bicester Village and Blenheim Palace, discover your very own Oxfordshire escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire, UK