“A dump! Don't stay here!”

Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Patrick, South Carolina, United States
“A dump! Don't stay here!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay in a dated, dump that's dirty then this is your hotel. Not only was the check in staff under a delusion that the hotel was nice, once I got to my room it was filled with mold and nasty dirty in the air return.
No remote for the 1991 Tube TV.... I guess everyone had stolen them back in 1995, so they ran out... But the worst part my first floor room near the pool filled with water and soaked in under the nasty carpet damaging my suitcase and work bag!
This place is worst than a trailor park meets motel 6!
Sadly I stayed here before because of my company put me here, after this visit I have insured this wouldn't happen again.... Do yourself a favor RUN before you think it's great! Holiday Inn should ban this hotel from using its name!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear PatrickF,
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.I have taken note and can assure you that your issues will be addressed immediately. Again, I wish to thank you for all your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bentonville, AR
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This Holiday Inn does not have the typical Holiday Inn restaurant for dinners. Instead it has a private bar & restaurant within the hotel. Bar atmosphere, doesn't allow kids in at night so if you get in late after a long drive they will not be allowed to eat there or order food to go.

The hotel staff are wonderful, the rooms are acceptable, the outdoor pool is wonderful- the indoor pool a little small, but not bad. The hotel itself is not bad, but the normal family benefits of the hotel are lost on the bar restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm also delighted to see that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating. I will make sure they are aware of your comments. Thank your for staying and please come back and visit on your next trip to St. Louis.

Mickeah
Omaha
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel needs to be providing breakfast if the rates are such. We always look for hotels with breakfast but this was the place we had to stay as we were in the area for a wedding. Everything else with our stay was fine but I doubt if we would ever stay there again. Also, be sure & close out your bar tab as it is left OPEN otherwise. Thankfully, our family mentioned this to us! We also had to request 4 times a small refrig. & were
charged $5. a day for the use. No thanks for these charges!

FrankH,
We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we can better meet your needs. We offer numerous packages that includes breakfast priced perfectly for single travelers or families. We hope the next time you are in St. Louis you provide us the opportunity to service you.

Mickea Hicks
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place is good enough if you're looking for an inexpensive room at a decent hotel in the city. It's in a good location with a very short drive to Forest Park, Washington University, Barnes-Jewish hospital, and not too far from downtown. If you can get a good price on a room, the location may be worth it. The hotel is a little run-down, so if you can't get a good deal, I'd stay elsewhere. The rooms are comfortable and up to the standard I would expect for the price we paid, but they rooms are a little musty, worn, and in need of updates. If you're looking for modern or spotless, this place is not for you. If you're a budget traveler looking for a good location at a decent price, then this hotel should be just fine. I've read several reviews complaining about staff. Our stay was short (just one night), but all the staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We appreciate your time, and are thankful that you were able to provide us with your feedback. Our location is located within 15 minutes of all St. Louis attraction. Im happy you found it convenient. Our team prides itself on customer service and we appreciate you complimenting us.

Front Office Manager
Pacific, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ten years ago my wife and I got married and intended to stay the night at this hotel. Thanks in part to my lack of knowing the difference between this and another Holiday in near by we ended up having to drive 10 minutes away in the middle of the night and never got to stay here. We intended to rectify that for our anniversary. We sprung for the Multi level Jacuzzi room. The Jacuzzi itself was nice, but needed a little work. The room was more or less a standard King size room with a set of stairs up to the second floor where the Jacuzzi was. Beyond the "bling" of having a two person hot-tub there were a few things I was highly under-impressed by for the price.

First of all we paid extra for the pre-pay breakfast. It was not worth it. 10 dollars per person would have got my wife and I a more than decent breakfast at any neighboring restaurant. The breakfast provided was warm, but very un-original and very lacking on flavor.

Secondly, and my biggest gripe by far, is that while our first time filling the hot-tub we had plenty of hot water (Around 8PM), the second time (8AM), there was little to none. To the point that you could turn the hot water on full blast and barely get a trickle. For what I paid for the room, for it being a jacuzzi room, it should sport it's own hot water heater.

The hotel is in a great location, has plenty of parking, the WiFi was decent, but stay away from the premium rooms.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast. Stay away from premium rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay and I am very sorry that your experienced problems with your stay.. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and can assure you that your issues will be addressed immediately.

Mickeah
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was looking for a good hotel under $100 which was difficult to find in St. Louis. We did Priceline and found this hotel. Was about 20 minutes to Busch stadium, almost all highway, so easy to get to it. Was close to downtown Kirkwood, which was a nice a little town to visit for lunch.

The hotel room was clean, beds were comfortable, had an iron and board, the a/c was not loud, had a big outdoor pool (we didn't use it). We went to the hotel bar at night and there was 80's band called Plastic. The bar is a bit of dance night club, which was not expected but cool. If you liked live music, especially 80s that night, you'd dig it. Just nice to have a place that had some live music. Overall good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear patrick o,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodations, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

it seemed like everywhere was booked the weekend i went to STL. when i got there the room wasnt ready. i stayed in the lobby until they told me my room was ready. i stayed there over 2 hours. then i asked and they told me if i minded that i move rooms. no, just get me a room.
the workers were nice. no breakfast offered, just coffee. but like i said, for 1 night , i got a cheap deal on pri*eline. so that helped.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mickeah, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review our prorperty. We sincerely apologize for your unsually long wait for check-in. Our staff work extremely hard to accomodate all early check-in request. Im sorry we were unble to meet your request in a timely manner. We appreciat your time and thankful you were able to provide us with feedback.

Mickea Hicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Hills
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66? Share your experiences!