Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Lodge(Sunset Hills)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday innwedding nighthot tubindoor poolnice roomst louisflooring
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate us. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. It was also very quiet. It is in a nice location where you felt safe and easy to get to food places and shopping. They are in the process of remodeling but didn't effect us except our room had one of the hard to regulate heater systems so had problems sleeping, but they are replacing these. The pool and hot tub were also nice. My only complaint would be no free breakfast and the restaurant that service breakfast was a little expensive so we went elsewhere. I would stay here again especially for the service by the employees that I received.

Room Tip: We had a room that was on the lower level which was close to the door, swimming area, and easy parking to get to your room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Route 66. We pride ourselves on customer service! Im delighted to know our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for noticing our efforts and taking the time to compliment us. We look forward seenig you on your to your next visit to St. Louis.

MIckea Hicks

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I were traveling from Michigan to Arizona after the holidays. We were tired and had been on the road all day. We usually trust the name Holiday Inn for quality. NOT THIS HOTEL!! We could barely get our luggage into the hotel with the aweful refvolving door that has no room to transfer luggage into the lobby. The room was down a maze of hallways that smelled of smoke. Problems with the key opening the door. After about the 5th attempt, the door finally opende. The door had NO deadbolt and had a gap all around that a Mac truck could have driven through. The door rattled and was not secure at all. It was on a busy street and we were jolted out of bed very early with pounding on our room wall due to remodeling. It had no frige or microwave. Outdated looking room with dirty looking carpeting. Bed was clean looking and comfortable. We went down to the lobby for breakfast. Well, no free, hot breakfast at a regular Holiday Inn. They had an on site cafe that served breakfast, but very expensive for a basic breakfast. We should have gone to Dennys, which was down the road. I could not get the key to work to go in and get our luggage upon check out. My husband even went down to the dest to have the key reset, and it still did not work. A sub contractor on the site, had to open our door to get our luggage to check out. This aweful room without breakfast included, cost about $145 total for one night. I could have stayed in a much better hotel for that much money. Don't stay here if you want quality.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BamaKathy1951
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank your for stay and review of our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to provide the service and product we pride ourselves on during your stay. Our new owners and management see your comments as an opportunity for us to improve our hotel. I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with vastly improved experience on your next visit to St. Louis.

At Your Service,
MIckea Hicks
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The most important thing to me is that I feel safe and the room is clean, this hotel was both. They are in the process of remodeling, which it needs, the staff were all very friendly.The bedding was clean and crisp, the shower was a bit worn but clean. If you want to save money and cleanliness and safety are important to you, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I am from this area of St. Louis, so when I come back to visit, it is most convenient to stay near family. But even if that were not the case, I can see the advantages to staying here: it is very clean, safe, and central to many area attractions, with easy access to highways. The property is well-maintained and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The lobby greets you with smoke. We booked 2 queen beds. We walked in the room to find 2 double beds. We called the front desk who stated they were queen - NO WAY! We were tired with 3 kids and a dog and thought we could deal with it. We put our 3 kids in one double and my husband and I in the other. These beds were so uncomfortable - springs in my back, bulges - did not get any sleep and I am pregnant. My daughter fell off the bed because she was cramed in the bed with her brothers. I did not think the room was dirty, old looking but not necessarily dirty. Then came breakfast. My husband took the kids down to the "buffet" and guess what no buffet that morning. Guess what - we immediately checked out and did not keep our 2nd night reservation.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here if you have a family.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CLM6
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear CLM6,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I am glad to know that you found our location suitable for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found our bed accommodations uncomfortable for your family. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance at a latter time to show you what we have done.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Pam G.