“Needs renovation”

Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Im trying to type fast due to wi-fi not staying up. Rooms outdated, carpet worn and dirty, rips in carpet , old, outdated tv, inside pool freezing, dirty hot tub, concrete wet and slippery in hall to pool. Slow check-in. Noise is terrible in halls. Got this room by bidding on price line. Not a 3star upscale as advertised. Shame on you Priceline and Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your visit and review of our property. I certainly apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We rely on guest feedback to know how we can better meet your needs. Our property is under new owner/management and phase I of our nenovations has started. We ask that you come back and visit Holiday Inn Route 66 in the future. We are making great changes at our property and would love for you to review us again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Me and three friends of mine stayed in this hotel as a base out of which we wanted to discover St Louis. For this, it is a good place as almost all of St Louis' highlights are at a max of 15 minutes driving distance. The rooms are large, there is sufficient parking space, an indour and outdoor pool, excellent aircondition and free wifi. Should I visit St Louis again, I would definitley think about visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Hello and thank you so much for you great review of our property. Our location in centrally located to all of St. louis major attractions. Im happy you found it convenient. Im delighted you we able to use and enjoy the many amenities our hotel has to offer. Please come and stay with us on your next visit to St. Louis.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Not my favorite hotel in St. Louis, but the best bid on priceline. It's the kind of hotel room that I won't walk barefoot on the carpet. Desperately needs updating, especially the hallway carpet. And even though i had a non smoking room, the hallways smelled liked smoke and my room had a really weird musty smell.
Not the worst I've stayed in, but I would try for another hotel in another area before I stayed here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for your valued feedback and I am sorry for the disappointment experienced during your stay. I am pleased to announce that the Holdiay Inn is scheduled for renovation this upcoming fall. We ask that you reconsider visiting our propery in the future so you can experience the wonderful changes that will take place. You will not be disappointed!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is in dire need of updating. Although the room was adequate and clean, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall, not sure if it was even attached. The wi-fi was almost non-existant if you could even stay connected. Worse I've ever experienced. As far as all of the common areas the carpeting was terrible. Stained, really dirty in places and worn in some areas that if you didn't watch where you were walking you could catch your foot in the frayed places and perhaps be looking at an injury. The breakfast was good. I've stayed in better maintained hotels for the price of $102 that we paid. More than a little disappointing for a Holiday Inn. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your stay and recent review of the Holiday Inn Route 66. We have recognized areas of the hotel that needs improvement. Our carpets and common areas are included in the first phase of our renovation which will begin in a few weeks. I apologize for your inconvenience and trouble with our wifi. We did reach out to our IT deparment and all concerns with internet have been resolved. We hope that you come stay with us again!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family of 5 had traveled for 16 hours in a Toyota Highlander with a 3 year old in a carseat. Needless to say we were all cranky and tired. We had pre-booked this hotel to take the 3 year old to Grant's Farm the next day. I was a little worried about the reviews I had read but it was close. My was very pleased from the first time I walked in. Our room was not ready because we had arrived at 1pm. we ate lunch and again tried at 2:30pm to check in. The Man at the front desk was all smiles and asurred me he would have me sleeping shortly. The corner room was beautiful and large enouigh for the 3 year old to play and we had a glorious short trip, ten on to Illinois to finish our vacation. I wish I could remember the mans name so that all could know how wonderful he was. The pool was beautiful, great breakfast, great sleep..THANKS GUYS!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your loveley review of our property! After such a long ride, I am happy we were able to accomodate you and your family for much needed rest. Our team prides itself with customer service and its great you not only noticed but took the time to say thank you. I will make sure to share this with the front desk staff.

Warm Regards,
Front Office Manger

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel needs some updating. The carpets in the hallways are very worn and appear stained and dirty. The hotel smells clean and the furnishings are nice. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. The bathroom is adequate with a nice shower and tub combo. The hotel staff are the friendliest I have ever encountered in a hotel. Britney was very welcoming and helpful during check-in. She called our room after we had time to settle in to see if there was anything that we needed, which was a nice touch. We took advantage of the indoor pool. It was a bit cool since the heat wasn't on, which was expected since it was so hot outside. The outdoor pool looked nice too but it was a sunny day and we forgot our sunblock. It wasn't crowded and they had plenty of towels for everyone. The workout room looked fine through the windows but we didn't stop in. The lobby downstairs is quite comfortable and they have free coffee with takeaway cups in the morning. ((You can also make coffee and tea in your room.)) Parking is free. We got a great deal on priceline and only paid $50 with taxes and everything. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. Its great knowing our staff took very good care of you. I will be sure to share this with Britney. Its been such a hot summer in St. Louis. Im glad you were able to enjoy our indoor pool and the many other amenities our hotel has to offer. Please come back and visit us next time you're in St. Louis

MIckea Hicks

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Was it amazing? NO Was it a clean bed, hot shower and no bedbugs? YES The place is definately in need of a remodel. According to Carlos, the front desk clerk, they are in the process of doing that. There was new furniture in the lobby but they said they are waiting on getting the carpet in. The wifi kept kicking me off every 10-20 minutes. I can't complain though I paid $50 a night for the room on priceline. So it was definately worth the money. Skip the breakfast. It was typical bland buffet.

If you stay here try out the restaurant Mile 277, a motorcycle themed place. My husband, who loves to ride his motorcycle, loved that Wednesday night was Bike Night. The food was great! Try the shredded bbq sandwich. Just so you know, the waitresses dress a bit on the skimpy side, kind of like Hooters. We ate here both nights though cause the food was so good and they had bands both nights.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor. The first floor rooms seems as if it can be really noisy in the hall...