“Perfect for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Springfield, MO
“Perfect for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel needs some updating. The carpets in the hallways are very worn and appear stained and dirty. The hotel smells clean and the furnishings are nice. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. The bathroom is adequate with a nice shower and tub combo. The hotel staff are the friendliest I have ever encountered in a hotel. Britney was very welcoming and helpful during check-in. She called our room after we had time to settle in to see if there was anything that we needed, which was a nice touch. We took advantage of the indoor pool. It was a bit cool since the heat wasn't on, which was expected since it was so hot outside. The outdoor pool looked nice too but it was a sunny day and we forgot our sunblock. It wasn't crowded and they had plenty of towels for everyone. The workout room looked fine through the windows but we didn't stop in. The lobby downstairs is quite comfortable and they have free coffee with takeaway cups in the morning. ((You can also make coffee and tea in your room.)) Parking is free. We got a great deal on priceline and only paid $50 with taxes and everything. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. Its great knowing our staff took very good care of you. I will be sure to share this with Britney. Its been such a hot summer in St. Louis. Im glad you were able to enjoy our indoor pool and the many other amenities our hotel has to offer. Please come back and visit us next time you're in St. Louis

MIckea Hicks
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Omaha, NE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Was it amazing? NO Was it a clean bed, hot shower and no bedbugs? YES The place is definately in need of a remodel. According to Carlos, the front desk clerk, they are in the process of doing that. There was new furniture in the lobby but they said they are waiting on getting the carpet in. The wifi kept kicking me off every 10-20 minutes. I can't complain though I paid $50 a night for the room on priceline. So it was definately worth the money. Skip the breakfast. It was typical bland buffet.

If you stay here try out the restaurant Mile 277, a motorcycle themed place. My husband, who loves to ride his motorcycle, loved that Wednesday night was Bike Night. The food was great! Try the shredded bbq sandwich. Just so you know, the waitresses dress a bit on the skimpy side, kind of like Hooters. We ate here both nights though cause the food was so good and they had bands both nights.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor. The first floor rooms seems as if it can be really noisy in the hall...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear MeganRN,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had with the condition of our hotel and the breakfast. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were lucky to score this hotel on priceline.com for fifty bucks! Well worth it, thee first floor hallway seems to need new carpeting, but we stayed on the second floor, which was great. Our room overlooked the pool, had great air-conditioning (it was 105 outside), coffee maker, and hairdryer, and decent cable channels (nick and disney for the kids). The pool was clean, altoug the jacuzzi was closed in the morning, it was enjoyable the nigt before. The staff was very helpful with me in setting up the wi-fi on my laptop and tablet. This hotel is a 15 minute drive to six flags and easy to access from the expressways, plus there are tons of restaurants nearby (we didn't take advantage of the room service menu, but there is one available (prices are comparable to other hotels).
I would recommend this hotel, and would be happy to get it again the next time I bid on a room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Aylmer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here in late June 2012 and had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and the hotel had a 50% deduction coupon for IHG Priority Club members...breakfast buffet for $5...quite a deal.

Room Tip: Holiday Inns are great, but Candlewoods are better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed there while visiting The Magic House. Very friendly staff at the front desk! Newly remodeled. Room was clean & beds comfortable. Our 8 yr old had a great time at the pool. Got a great deal too! Very happy with our experience.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We got the room as a 3 star hotel via Priceline and was concerned after reading many of the negative reviews, so granted our expectations were low.

We checked in on Friday for 2 night stay and walked through 1st floor with carpet ripped and thought the worst. But pleasantly surprised to find second floor looked to have new carpet and doors and flat screen TV in room.

Our stay was very enjoyable. The breakfast was what u would get for free at other hotels and was nothing special but service throughout stay was top notch and for what we paid was well worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank TVSamuel
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for yor review of your stay at Holiday Inn Southwest Route66. We are pleased to to see we not only met but exceeded your expectations of us. Your business is very improtant to us and we value you feedback.

Mickea Hicks
Lakeland TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was very pleased with the staff. Everyone was helpful, polite and friendly. In fact, my daughter and her friend wanted to lay out before we had to head back home, but I told they would not have much time with an 11:00 check out. I called to the front desk and they extended our time to 12:00. We were able to enjoy the pool and get some sun too. I had filled my coffee cup too full and a nice employee told me to stand right there in the hall and he would go get a lid for me. I told him I did not see any by the coffee. He came back with a lid and said that they were out but he put plenty out for the next time. I told him thanks for his help. My daughter and her friend needed a fork and extra shampoo and the front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable. They even had two types of pillows to choose from, firm or soft. They did not have free breakfast, but there are lots of places to eat in the area. Our bathroom and room was clean and nice. I did get a good deal on Price line which made it a good value. One of the elevators made a weird sound and I did not want to get stuck so I took the stairs. One negative was the sign in the parking lot that said they were not responsible for theft of cars in the parking lot. This made me a little nervous, so I parked in the front under a light and my car was fine. If it were not for this issue I would rate this property very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. A much nicer view than the street views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hoilday Inn Southwest Route 66. We pride ourselves on customer service. Its wonderful when a guest notices our efforts and compliments us on them.
We appreciate you staying with us and are thankful you provided us with feedback. We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to St. Louis.

Mickea Hicks
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
BEST WESTERN St. Louis Inn
BEST WESTERN St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66? Share your experiences!