“2 night stay”

Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is an older hotel. Seems they are trying to update it. We had 3 dbl beds in a very large room which was great. Room was clean. The door stuck some so had to shut it hard. The pool looks great but was COLD, I do not think it was heated. Breakfast was ok, offered the same foods both Friday and Saturday. No bacon or sausage offered. The hotel will not give change for bills to use in the laundry. DON'T FORGET to bring your own shampoo & conditioner for they only give sample packet for one person. Location was great! Priced great!

Room Tip: The 3 bed rooms a very large with fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I want to start by saying that I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and never had an issue here, but this was my first time in a 3 bed suite and that was a mistake. When we entered the room we were in the room with the king size bed. Everything looked nice from the bed to the flat screen tv but I noticed that it was a bit warm in there. I didn't think to much of it because I just figured the air was off, so i continued in to the next bed room with the 2 double beds and it was ice cold in there. I went back to the first room to see if there was a seperate air control and noticed a box fan under the desk and no air control. This room had no a/c! It was not bearable for about 5 hours until we fanned some of the cold air from the "blizzard room" into this one. We had to sleep with the fan directly on us to make the night tolerable in that room. As for the rest of the hotel, it is very kid friendly. There is a large area that has the pool,indoor playground,arcade, and a gym room that had volleyball set up. The breakfast was not impressive but there were enough options to make it decent. The price is very reasonable here, but i caution if you are looking for a suite, you might want to check elsewhere first.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have stayed at the Days Inn STL/Lindbergh Blvd on previous visits to STL and have always enjoyed our stay. The location is perfect to get to anywhere in STL quickly. The rooms are clean, nicely furnished, and have Wifi. The rate is reasonable and this property has an indoor pool, arcade area, sitting/game area, inside picnic tables, a multi-functional room (a very large gym-type room that you can play soccer, volleyball, etc, in), and a very nice breakfast room, which hosts a free breakfast every morning. It is a great value for a family. During each stay, we rented two rooms, one for us (Grandma and Grandpa) and one for our Son's family (Mom, Dad, and 2 daughters). Donna (Manager) is a fantastic Manager and really works hard to ensure everything is just right for her guests. We had a slight hiccup (both rooms were not adjacent) upon our arrival 6/2012. Donna got involved and boom, it was resolved the next morning. I heartily recommend this property for families with children.

Room Tip: If you have kids, try to get an inside room around the courtyard area. The kids can come and go saf...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The location us perfect. You are around so many family friendly recreational areas. also the service and rooms were perfect. Everyone was kind and friendly. tge rooms were clean and very well priced. The amazing prices help with wanting to go on vacation but not spend alot.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ktjt0208
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had to travel to Kirkwood for business, and needed a 1-night stay at a nearby Hotel. Our travel people booked this Days Inn.

First, the place is old, it's been updated, but it's in serious need of a complete renovation. There was layer upon layer of old paint and drywall filler everywhere. Along the interior halls were sitting areas with large industrial style fans blowing constantly, I'm guessing the hallways themselves had no HVAC, or it was very weak. I AC in my room worked well, but it was extremely loud.

The door and doorframe in my room looked like it had been kicked or knocked in on more than one occasion, and unless you pulled really hard, the door wouldn't close on its own. I don't know what the neighborhood was like, but it seemed like there were hotels and strip malls along Lindberg, with small apartment buildings behind them, maybe they'd had break-ins or something...I'm just glad I wasn't disturbed.

The hotel offered free Wi-Fi, and even though the signal strength was great, I wasn't able to connect with my laptop or phone. I work in IT, so I ran through all the troubleshooting I could on my end, but with no positive results. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but the interior of the building was one big dead zone for Verizon. I had to sit out in my car to check my e-mails, etc.

There was a restaurant/nightclub right next door, which was open until 1:30 AM. I know that it was noisy enough I couldn't hear my phone ring when I was right outside, so I would hate to have a room near it.

I really couldn't recommend this hotel, but then again, I don't know what the rest of the hotels in the area are like, so it could be the best of a bad bunch.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place should br shut down by either the parent company or the health department. First room had black mold growing on the ceiling in the shower and then the ceiling leaked whenever the upstairs room took a shower. They moved me to another room in which the toilet doesn't flush and the tub looks like its been repaired more than once. The bathroom sink and the tub do not drain and there is no clock in the room. Then they checked another guest into my room. Do not ever stay here!!!!! EVER

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank alb69441
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel one year ago, and it was mostly outside entrances to the rooms, which is not a big deal. It is affordable and kid friendly. The Front Desk staff were not very helpful. The cleaning staff were extremely polite and met our every need. This year most of the rooms have been remodeled to have the indoor access to the rooms, which provides some piece of mind for safety. Usually there is a window to the outside for a second means of egress in the event of an emergency, there was no window in our room to the outside. The rear and side entrances were propped open with a wooden wedge and there was no card entry security device to keep non guests out. ANYONE could walk into these entrances and pose a possible threat. The pool was ICY cold, when we stayed here in March of 2011 the pool was warm and pleasant. Not the case this time. Very few people braved the COLD water. It is relaxing to unwind in the pool after being in the car all day, but anyway.... The breakfast was okay at best, the food staff were not wearing hair nets or food service gloves, and there was hair in the eggs. We had went to a grocery store and purchased some items that needed refrigeration, after returning to the room the fridge was off, so I turned it to cold, the fan came on but no cooling, even after several hours. I notified the front desk and was told that there had been several refrigerators that were not working properly. I asked for a replacement and was told there were none. There were several rooms and suites that were unoccupied the 2 nights we were there. When I checked out I told the gentleman that our milk had gone bad due to the fridge not working. I told him that I notified the front desk the night before and was told several were not working, he didn't seem to be aware of this, but filled out a maintenance form. NO APOLOGY whatsoever. Needless to say we will be finding other lodging on our next visit to St. Louis. This place is in a prime location, but I will fight a little traffic for better service.

Room Tip: Do your research and read the reviews, I should have read more in depth.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard? Share your experiences!