I had to travel to Kirkwood for business, and needed a 1-night stay at a nearby Hotel. Our travel people booked this Days Inn.
First, the place is old, it's been updated, but it's in serious need of a complete renovation. There was layer upon layer of old paint and drywall filler everywhere. Along the interior halls were sitting areas with large industrial style fans blowing constantly, I'm guessing the hallways themselves had no HVAC, or it was very weak. I AC in my room worked well, but it was extremely loud.
The door and doorframe in my room looked like it had been kicked or knocked in on more than one occasion, and unless you pulled really hard, the door wouldn't close on its own. I don't know what the neighborhood was like, but it seemed like there were hotels and strip malls along Lindberg, with small apartment buildings behind them, maybe they'd had break-ins or something...I'm just glad I wasn't disturbed.
The hotel offered free Wi-Fi, and even though the signal strength was great, I wasn't able to connect with my laptop or phone. I work in IT, so I ran through all the troubleshooting I could on my end, but with no positive results. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but the interior of the building was one big dead zone for Verizon. I had to sit out in my car to check my e-mails, etc.
There was a restaurant/nightclub right next door, which was open until 1:30 AM. I know that it was noisy enough I couldn't hear my phone ring when I was right outside, so I would hate to have a room near it.
I really couldn't recommend this hotel, but then again, I don't know what the rest of the hotels in the area are like, so it could be the best of a bad bunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious indoor courtyard with guest rooms easily accessible to indoor atrium for families. Rooms accessible directly from parking lot for travelers needing convenient access to their room. Family friendly environment featuring large indoor pool, playground and arcade area. Perfect lodging facility for amateur sports activities, family reunions, small business conferences, or training seminars. Complimentary Daybreak Breakfast daily, 630am - 930am on weekdays and 7am-10am on weekends. Complimentary 60 by 60 multipurpose room for amateur sports groups of greater than 25 rooms from check in to check out time. Advance reservations required. Complimentary 30 by 50 multipurpose room for family event groups of greater then 15 rooms for up to four hours. Advance reservations required. Centrally located, we are just minutes from Grant's Farm, the Magic House, Powder Valley Nature Park, and Incredible Pizza. Enjoy Cardinal Baseball or any other St. Louis classics, like the Arch, the St. Louis Zoo, Anheuser Busch tours, or the City Museum just 20 minutes East and Six Flags only 20 minutes West. Must have one adult 21 years or older checking into and staying in each room during entire visit. Pets allowed in some rooms based on availability for a NON-REFUNDABLE 30.00 USDA Pet Fee per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn St. Louis - Lindbergh Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Saint Louis/Lindbergh Boulevard Hotel Sunset Hills
- Saint Louis Days Inn
- Days Inn St. Louis - Lindbergh Boulevard Saint Louis, MO - Sunset Hills