“Disgusting, Stay far far away from this place!!!”
Review of Sunset Lodge

Sunset Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Booked a room on line thru Choice Privilges and was completely disgusted from the check in til we checked out. We tried to cancel our reservation and were told they already ran our credit card before we arrived! Our room was filthy and smelled horribly. The bathroom floor had not been cleaned, still had things on it behind the door. We found toenail clippings on the floor, a gap under the door about an inch thick, thick dust on the ac unit, and not sure the sheets were even changed. Came home and had bites on my legs, so thinking could have had bed bugs! I will never stay here again, and in my opinion this place should be shut down! I took pictures of this place and sending to the corporate office of Choice Hotels.....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GP100308

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Dirty, nasty place with rude staff just to top it off! I stayed here on two separate occasions, the second time out of sheer necessity. I will NOT make that mistake again. Rooms are small, bathroom was dirty, and I definitely did not feel my car was safe even though parked right outside of my room. This brand is VERY hit and miss. You never know what you are getting with a Quality Inn, but I'll tell you that you won't like what you get with this one in particular.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank effingphotog
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This place is horrible. Room was filthy. I was shocked to find my door had been left open by the maids when I returned several hours later after the maids came and replaced my towels. Always had to ask for the towels never any left in room.. Not sure why they have maids, housekeepers here as they don't clean your room. Bed linens and bedspreads were stained with blood. Mold growing in the bathroom, bathtub was also filthy. Hair in sink and bathtub. Even toothpaste left in sink. Cobwebs hanging in all corners and from ceiling. Quality it is NOT!! Find another place to stay as you don't know what you'll take along in your suitcase. This place is absolutely GROSS!!

• Stayed: October 2009
3  Thank computergal16
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, also booked (on line) a second room for my daughter, son in law and their 2 children because they wanted an indoor pool due to weather.
Dirty room isn't the proper term, more like grimey filth, worn out nasty bed.
Needless to say I was given the runaround, no room change, discount, NOTHING!
Verbally offered to change my room around 9:30 p.m. we drove 2200 miles to get this treatment? Obviously so.
Do not stay here. Lazy maids, in my opinion, a manager that doesn't check the rooms , etc....My daughters room had a plastic soft seat on the toilet that the plastic cover was torn, etc... We called Choice Hotels and complained, they called the hotel and they promised to change the toilet seat but it never happened!
My daughter has a two year old and four year old using that germ ridden seat.
They complained about their room also and when we returned the second night after housekeeping had been there, the refridgerator was unplugged, the childrens milk and food had spoiled, they complained to management and he said the kids had done this not his staff. We weren't at the hotel all day.
NEVER AGAIN @ any Quality Inn. They just went below my rating of Econo Lodges!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sis7653
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We booked this hotel for 2 nights to attend a college reunion. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking with a microwave and refrigerator. We were first put into a room that smelled of smoke and asked to be moved. Then we got the room next to it that had no microwave or refrigerator. The rooms have outdoor entrances and overall the place is just run down, dark rooms and not very appealing at all. The pool looked nice but we did not have time to use it. The breakfast was pastries, bagels, 2 kinds of cereal, make-your-own waffles, juice and a bowl of apples that had seen better days. More attention to the exterior appearance of this hotel would be a good thing. I would look further if I go back to St Louis again next year.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cjordan2
Reviewed May 4, 2009

The bathtub was not clean, the electric outlet cover on the vanity fell off and was filthy. The TV did not work and no bath towels were in the room the second day. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they were completely clueless as to how to proceed. Maintenance came to the room, flipped chanels on the remote, grunted and left - never fixed the problem. I called twice and went to the desk once to try to get bath towels. Several hours into the night (after we fell asleep), someone called and said they had towels now. Yet no one brought any towels to the room. We took some from the pool in the morning. The owner was not very concerned about our dissatisfaction and would never say what he would do to compensate us for the inconvenience. In fact, he wanted to hurry us along as people were waiting to check out (his words). We will not stay there again, nor would we recommend it. Choice Hotels should take this place off of their list.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank nasze
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Stayed here for one night while traveling. We had a King size bed room and I was rater impressed. The bed was a very comfortable Serta mattress. The room had a medium sized refrigerator, microwave, and wireless internet (802.11b/g). The room was clean. My wife appreciated the adjustable shower head and the great water pressure. The price wasn't bad for the location on a Saturday night (about $60.00 with AAA) no reservation. There is an indoor pool and hot tub which I was planning on using until I realized I didn't pack a swim suit. There is also a pizza place sharing the building the lobby is located in that has great food!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Hills
#6 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Sunset Lodge? Share your experiences!