“Great for Families - Not Fancy”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a softball tournament with other families. The pool area is indoors and a nice place to gather for socializing while the kids swim. There are stairs coming down into the pool that we saw kids jump from (the railings) into the pool - completely not safe (about 15 feet from the pool), but in an area where supervision is difficult. There were few choices for their complimentary breakfast, we ended up eating at the McDonalds next door in the gas station. The rate was $89/night and it was clean, conveniently located to where we were going but not many restaurants or shopping close by. If you stay on the other, newer side of town there were many places to choose from.

Room Tip: If you want to be facing the pool, remember the pool is open until 10 pm - otherwise choose a room o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 28, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a nice stay with no problems. The room was clean and ready for us to check in early. We were happy that there was a complimentary breakfast, and the service was great with a nice selection. The kids loved the indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My children and i were looking for a place that had an indoor pool (due to weather) for a pool party. I booked two rooms and the meeting room, we have family in this area that would be attending. I got a pretty good rate on both the rooms and meeting room! they're pool is heated, which was at a great temperature for the children, quiet, clean, and breakfast was more than what other hotels offer. Over all we were really satisfied with our two day stay, also the staff is very pleasant and helpful. We will continue to come here!!

Room Tip: Double rooms by the pool area are great, and accessible when having small children!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

stayed there for two nights while attending a convention. The price was about the best thing about this hotel at $60 a night. If I would have paid more I would have been disappointed. The staff was friendly enough, the rooms were clean. The hotel shows some age but overall it was okay. The hot breakfast was what we expected, nothing too special but there was plenty both mornings. The quality of sleep was my biggest complaint. We all woke up tired from the noise outside all night and the beds were not that comfy so a few were sore on top of that. I would think that if the hotel wasn't full, which it definitely wasn't, they would try to people in the interior rooms. The other downfall is the location, away from everything and the only place to eat is a McDonalds that is pretty slow! Probably would not stay here again unless it came down to price!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I too was lucky to find a room during the State Fair. When I booked this motel, I understood because of the special event timing but was disappointed in the rate for the location and obvious age of the building. That was the negative but the positives far outweighed the cost. No problem connecting to WiFi. Breakfast was great with a waffle station, biscuits and gravy, all warm when I was there rather late. A smiling attendant named Terri ran across the street to get a local paper for me to check the opening day activities at the Centennial Kansas State Fair. She gave me a map of the city, too, from her front desk. I knew in advance they had breakfast but it was mentioned in the room's folder which I always look for wherever I stay. Workout room was small but everything worked (treadmill, TV, etc.) Give it a high rate on staff and cleanliness from check in to check out! Including a photo of breakfast room with Terri.

Room Tip: Great room on lower floor near the front desk convenient to gym, pool, and vending machines.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Unfortunately, I traveled to Hutchinson Kansas during the State Fair. This Quality Inn was all that I could find with an available room. This hotel was ok. It is an older facility, but they seem to keep it kept up ok. Room was pretty clean and the bed comfortable. I did not find out until after breakfast time was over that this hotel even offered breakfast. Usually the hotel staff at various hotels are quick to tell you about breakfast offerings during your check-in.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Sterling
Astro Motel
Astro Motel
#11 of 12 in Hutchinson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!