“Could have been better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Hartford, kansas
“Could have been better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

stayed there for two nights while attending a convention. The price was about the best thing about this hotel at $60 a night. If I would have paid more I would have been disappointed. The staff was friendly enough, the rooms were clean. The hotel shows some age but overall it was okay. The hot breakfast was what we expected, nothing too special but there was plenty both mornings. The quality of sleep was my biggest complaint. We all woke up tired from the noise outside all night and the beds were not that comfy so a few were sore on top of that. I would think that if the hotel wasn't full, which it definitely wasn't, they would try to people in the interior rooms. The other downfall is the location, away from everything and the only place to eat is a McDonalds that is pretty slow! Probably would not stay here again unless it came down to price!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cape Girardeau MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I too was lucky to find a room during the State Fair. When I booked this motel, I understood because of the special event timing but was disappointed in the rate for the location and obvious age of the building. That was the negative but the positives far outweighed the cost. No problem connecting to WiFi. Breakfast was great with a waffle station, biscuits and gravy, all warm when I was there rather late. A smiling attendant named Terri ran across the street to get a local paper for me to check the opening day activities at the Centennial Kansas State Fair. She gave me a map of the city, too, from her front desk. I knew in advance they had breakfast but it was mentioned in the room's folder which I always look for wherever I stay. Workout room was small but everything worked (treadmill, TV, etc.) Give it a high rate on staff and cleanliness from check in to check out! Including a photo of breakfast room with Terri.

Room Tip: Great room on lower floor near the front desk convenient to gym, pool, and vending machines.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Saint Joseph, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Unfortunately, I traveled to Hutchinson Kansas during the State Fair. This Quality Inn was all that I could find with an available room. This hotel was ok. It is an older facility, but they seem to keep it kept up ok. Room was pretty clean and the bed comfortable. I did not find out until after breakfast time was over that this hotel even offered breakfast. Usually the hotel staff at various hotels are quick to tell you about breakfast offerings during your check-in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Meade, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel was spotless inside and out. The front desk people were courteous and their were always people bringing fresh towels to the pool. My kids loved the indoor pool because the deep end was 9 feet deep, which is a rare find nowdays. My only complaint was the breakfast. The breakfast room was way over in a corner down several halls and around some corners from the front desk. The attendant was playing on her Ipad and the gravy for the biscuits and gravy was luke warm (an hour and a half after the breakfast start time). They also were serving the coffee in the very smallest styrofoam cups they could find. I would definately stay here again, but go eat at McDonalds next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I stayed at the hotel the people were very helpful. They found what I was looking for and help me find my way there. I want to Thank them for all there help and kindness. Please enjoy your stay while visiting south hutchinson.

Room Tip: corner suites ar large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I read most of the reviews for this hotel and honestly was a little worried to stay here. My husband was able to get a good rate so we stayed anyway. This is an older hotel but they do a good job maintaining the property. The rooms have been updated with modern decor. We had a poolside room which the kids loved. There were only a few negatives, the lighting throughout the hotel was very dim and it is on the very south end of town. They also advertise having a restaurant that was shut down when we were there. The housekeeping was friendly was always cleaning something within the hotel. Like I said this is an older hotel but, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Having a poolside room is convenient, there isn't any natural light which makes the room very da...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

After fundraising for nearly a year so that we could attend a high school State Championship tournament, we checked in to our four rooms for two nights at the South Hutchinson Quality Inn. On the morning of the second day, we were pulled aside by the poor desk clerk and told that the manager had decided to change our rate because of a "clerical error." The new rate was $130 more expensive, and the desk clerk said our cards had already been charged and that we should call the manager on Monday morning since it was he who made the change. On Monday, the manager simply said that he changed the rate because the rate we received was too low, despite having quoted the lower rate when we reserved the hotel room several months prior. The manager refused to change the amount he charged to the card. This was NOT the rate we signed for when we checked in. However, it turns out the manager can charge your card whatever he wants.

Room Tip: Be aware that the manager reserves the right to change your rate - even after you sign a document li...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson
Super 8 Hutchinson
Super 8 Hutchinson
#7 of 12 in Hutchinson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!