“**DO NOT STAY HERE: RATE CHANGES MID-STAY**”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After fundraising for nearly a year so that we could attend a high school State Championship tournament, we checked in to our four rooms for two nights at the South Hutchinson Quality Inn. On the morning of the second day, we were pulled aside by the poor desk clerk and told that the manager had decided to change our rate because of a "clerical error." The new rate was $130 more expensive, and the desk clerk said our cards had already been charged and that we should call the manager on Monday morning since it was he who made the change. On Monday, the manager simply said that he changed the rate because the rate we received was too low, despite having quoted the lower rate when we reserved the hotel room several months prior. The manager refused to change the amount he charged to the card. This was NOT the rate we signed for when we checked in. However, it turns out the manager can charge your card whatever he wants.

Room Tip: Be aware that the manager reserves the right to change your rate - even after you sign a document li...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed two nights. On the morning after the first night housekeeping opened the door at about 8am and THEN said "Housekeeping" rather than knocking and allowing us to respond. We told them we were still in the room so they could not clean. Since we weren't leaving for a while we put the do not disturb sign on the door. At 11:30am we left the room and took the DND sign off. When we returned at 2:30pm the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and asked for housekeeping. I was told they were gone and the room had already been marked as "cleaned." I told her no, it was not cleaned at all. I also asked for someone to come and fix the tub which wasn't draining properly. A maintenance man came up as I was leaving. He fixed the tub and tried to do a little bit of cleaning but it was very minimal. When I came back at 6:00pm I saw our trash was still overflowing. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come empty the trash. At about 8:30pm it still hadn't been done so I went down to the front desk and personally asked the lady to have someone empty our trash. Finally at 11pm my wife went down and asked the lady to give her a trash bag and we just emptied the trash ourselves. Basically our room did not get cleaned. The breakfast was good, though, and the overnight lady was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband travels constantly w/ his job. Sometimes decent hotels, sometimes terrible. He really liked this place and stayed again for 2 nights when he had our toddler and I meet him on the road. It was great! Clean, very nice staff, good breakfast, convenient location, and our daughter and I had a GREAT time swimming in the indoor pool. Highly recommend this place for REASONABLE rates too. ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We really thought this would be a better experience. There isn't an elevator which wasn't a big deal for us, but be prepared. The location is good right off the highway, and it was cheaper than staying in Hutchinson. The best part of the stay was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful, and when I asked for maintenance to come look at something, the guy was there fairly quickly. We were upgraded to a room with an oven and a bigger microwave, but after one day we were wishing we weren't. We only stayed 2 nights, so we didn't bother moving, but I won't stay in that room again. The towels were very nice, but there was only 2 towels, 2 washcloths, and 2 hand towels. The tub had no stopper, the toilet didn't flush properly, the shower didn't work (that's what the maintenance guy fixed), and it was difficult to find a good setting for the heater, and when we did, it was on and off, on and off way too much. The room didn't have enough lights and there weren't enough outlets in the room either. Overall we were very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WindTraveler101
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel and it looks like it has been recently updated! It looks amazing! Room and public areas were very clean. Friendly and very helpful staff. Great location with easy access to the highway and town. This hotel had the lowest rates and provided best value for the price.

My kids really enjoyed the indoor heated pool by our room. We could watch them in the pool right from our room. I would recommend a poolside room for anyone staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the poolside rooms, they have great views of the pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While conveniently located off the highway, this Quality Inn had little quality and is a disappointment. Parking is plentiful, but the lobby is dark and dingy and there is no elevator.

The first room that I was assigned was located directly, eye level, to the exit ramp off the highway. Ok, I'll just turn the TV up and deal with it. After using the bathroom however, the toliet would not stop running. I checked the tank and the flapper appeared to be broken.

So, I went back to the front desk and was told begrudgingly that I would be moved to a room facing the pool, for the same price. I'm not certain how I would have reacted had I been charged a premium price for a pool-view room. I had no intention of using the pool! As I'm moving my stuff from one room to another, I realize that the lock on the door of my new room doesn't lock when you leave the room. It locked from the inside, so I would be secure for the night. The room wasn't too bad, at least it was clean. And with low occupancy, it was quiet.

There is also a sign, seen from the highway, promoting a restaurant at this property. Not open when I was there. But, at least there is a McDonalds across the street.

Breakfast was adequate, probably the best part of the stay.

Can't recommend this property. Either go back to Hutchinson, a little to the north or keep driving.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor, highway side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Harleyz
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed for 3 weeks while out of town for work, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. This hotel is now my first choice for lodging when away from home. From finding great resturants or a clean affordable luandrymat they were always happy to assist. They made it a point to go out of their way to make my stay more comfortable, they even started their breakfast early for our crew when they noticed we would leave before normal breakfast hours. Housekeeping was detailed and respectful, and the rooms surgical room clean. I will definatlly stay there again when passing through South Hutchinson.

Room Tip: Get a room on north side to avoid traffic noise from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!