“Weekend break” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caister-on-Sea
Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just back from weekend break at Haven Caister holiday park,26th-29th April 2013 in standard caravan.
We always Have our hols at a Haven holiday park as the kids & ourselves love it !
Its the first time we have tried caister.The park is massive and so much to do you will not get bored!! most of the staff were friendly polite and service was good.There was a few things though what made the holiday not as good as it should of been,first of all the caravan,it couldn't of been further away from the main complex !! a good 10 minute walk,we put it down to us having a dog,the plus side the beach was only a 30 second walk away,the next problem was when i went to go to bed fri evening, the mattress on the double bed was the worst one i have ever slept on all the springs were virtually coming through all over it !! so had hardly any sleep the first night,First thing sat morn (tired) went to reception to complain although the chap did apologize and arrange for a different one to be sent to caravan it just wasn't enough after probably the most uncomfortable nights sleep ive ever had !! also the hot water never really got hot it was luke warm so having a shower was not nice,On the last night i was out with my son while wife & little girl stayed in van as she was tired, had a call on my mobile from a scared wife to say electric had tripped out in van it was 8.30pm so they were in total darkness ! luckily i saw a security guy driving around and told him and he went straight to caravan to fix it.We always stay in standard grade van and never had problems maybe just unlucky this time.
I really should of complained about all this when we checked out Monday morning but just wanted to get home.If we had not had problems with van the holiday would of been really good

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caister H, Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Feasty73,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the park, I'm glad to hear that on balance you had a good holiday, whilst at the same time disappointed that you had some issues. We are a reasonably big park and by definition that does mean that some caravans are further away than others, we are really sorry that your location wasn't ideal for you and in case you weren't aware you can make requests when you book if you'd like to. I'm sorry to hear you had such an uncomfortable nights sleep and glad that one of our team was able to resolve that for you so quickly. Lastly the electricity, whilst not common it does happen every once in a while, as it does at home, I'm only pleased that our security team were on hand quickly to restore the service. We do really appreciate the feedback you have left, and although you had to leave quickly we would still be happy to discuss your holiday with you if you'd like to give me a call on 01493 728931.

Kind regards

Caroline Grime
Holiday Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Myself and my 4 year old daughter just returned from Caister for the weekend, we stayed with 2 friends and their 4year old. We wanted a cheap weekend so we stayed in a standard 2bedroom caravan.The van was well maintained and clean, I was happy enough with it, having booked standard I didnt have high expectations anyway. With no heating it was VERY cold, we were glad to hire a small fan heater for each bedroom on day 2 for a very reasonable rate, how about letting clients in unheated vans know about this service on arrival as we did have one very uncomfortable night before discovering it? The bedding is inadequate also for an unheated van lucky we took extra blankets.
The park itself I was really impressed with though, everywhere was clean and many areas looked quite new. Our kids love swimming and the pool was really nice, I went to Hopton last year which was fine but Caister has a much nicer pool, very clean and comfortable, nice changing areas and the kids loved the 3 lane slide. Only downside was the terrible hairdryers, it is just about impossible to dry your hair with them unless you are seriously lacking in actual hair!
I would agree with some former posters that older kids may not have enough going on for them, and I could imagine the play areas getting very busy in school hols but we found it ideal for ours.
As always, they loved Rory the tiger and other entertainment although they were a bit too tired from their big day to stay out very late.
It was too cold for the beach but I had a quick look and it was nice and clean and sandy.
I would also like to say all staff I encountered were really friendly and helpful, I really value this, it makes a big difference to the overall experience. Would definiteyl return to this park - possiby in summer and preferably in an upgraded van next time!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Caister H, General Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi Stewpot,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have left and firstly may I say how pleased I am that you enjoyed your holiday with us at Caister. You are quite right about how cold it has been, it's such a shame that it wasn't warmer, we do advertise our hire centre at check-in but clearly we need to do more to make it more apparent so I will speak to our team regarding this. We're really glad to hear you enjoyed the facilties and in particular the swimming pool which has been recently refurbished, I will speak to Matt our pool manager about the hairdryers to see if anything can be done. We're happy to hear that Rory performed his magic for your children and they've had a great time, it normally means everyone else has too! Thanks also for your kind words about the team, we're really proud of the team that works with us and as I'm sure you've seen, it's one of the most regular comments we receive. Great to hear you'd like to come back again, we'll be wating to offer you a warm welcome when you do.

Kind regards

Gareth Brown
Ipswich, Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at Haven holiday park for four nights from April 22nd, having booked one of their standard plus caravans. We arrived earlier than our official check in time, but the staff were really welcoming and friendly, and we checked in immediately. Our caravan was prepared for us, was spotlessly clean and had everything we could wish for. I had requested that we have a caravan near to the beach, as we had our dog with us, and this had been arranged for us.
The whole park was clean, and although we didn't use the facilities, they all looked really good.
And to top it all, the weather couldn't have been better, giving us lots of time to walk along the local beaches and just relaxing and enjoying the break.
Am sure we'll return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsPIpswich_Suffolk
Hi Mrs P,

We're realy pleased that you enjoyed your time at Caister and found our great team so welcoming. Thank you for your kind commetns about the park and our beach, now the sun has finally made an appearance it's a beautiful place to spend some time. Hope you'll come and see us again sometime.

Gareth Brown
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked this park for 5 families , standard chalets warning everyone that it won't be 5 star but its three nights and were there for the kids for a cheap deal, however the chalets was nice, clean, the kids could play outside safely, the swimming pool is clean and modern and not manic, the sitting area in main room was easy to get a seat close to the dance floor what ever time we went, generally speaking the staff and the shop, the soft play and the service was all a higher standard of haven that I have ever experienced, Well Done Haven- we had a fab time !!!

Room Tip: W had chalets 41 - 45 and the kids had grass to play out and a fence in front so no where to run off...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caister H, General Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, the best holiday park you have been to – wow! To hear such praise gives our hardworking team a real boost and I can’t thank you enough for your kind words. Our chalets are our oldest kind of holiday accommodation; however they are still cleaned to the highest standard and have everything you need for an enjoyable holiday plus the addition of some nice grassed areas which I’m glad your children took advantage of. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our pool and Live Lounge, and with 5 families in total I should imagine you had plenty of fun and laughter and hopefully some great holiday photos to remind you of us in the future.

We do hope that we see you all here again soon where we will be waiting to offer you a very warm ‘welcome back’.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed at Haven Caister over Easter 2013, a 4 night break in a deluxe plus caravan.
Park faciltiies were excellent and there are lots of activities for kids, my four year old loved Rory's puppet show particularly. There is a lovely children's play park and indoor soft play area, as well as mini golf a big slide tower and mini go-karts. It was such a shame that it was absolutely freezing so we didn't do as much outdoors stuff as we'd have liked. The beach looked lovely, but again it was far too cold to really enjoy it.

Food at the mash and barrel was fine but a bit overpriced, the only time I can say I felt very ripped off was when I went in to buy a sandwich to take away, cost £4.25 and was literally one sandwich wrapped in tin foil I could have made myself.

The fish and chip shop onsite was lovely and actually cheaper than our local chippie in London.

We were in an excellent location right by the swimming pool, my daughter loved the slide, only slight downside is that the pool temp was a bit too chilly for me.

The Funstars were very good, they clearly work very very hard as we saw them about at all times of day and night, my daughter loved all the dancing and joined in with lots of the group activities and dancin in the evenings, she really enjoyed the talent show too.

All in all it was a lovely break, we would love to return, just at a warmer time of year.

Room Tip: Broadlands section is very convenient for the pool, play park and beach and only a short walk from t...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, we are really happy that you and your family had such a great time with us on your Easter holiday and enjoyed our activities and entertainment so much. It sounds like the location of your caravan was perfect for you, it was just a shame it was too cold for you to enjoy the beach as you were just footsteps away from the sand, but at least you managed the ‘compulsory’ seaside Fish and Chips!

Your comments regarding the Mash & Barrel restaurant prices and the pool temperature have been noted and passed to the appropriate Managers for review.

Please try and come back soon, you’ll find so many different things to try out in the fresh air now that the sun has decided to make an appearance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

we are two couples with touring caravans ,one a 4x4 plus twin wheeler and one 4x4 and single and managed very well to set up with plenty of room, the shower and toilet blocks are kept to a high standard of cleanliness,helpful staff who guided and helped us to our plots,there was an elderly couple opposite and staff had come to help them put awning up on a motor home,lots to do and visit here for adults,we have a dog so you can take a long walk on beach and go seal spotting great site going back for 3rd year well done

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martini61
Caister H, General Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi Martini61, thank you for your review. It’s lovely to hear that you and your friends have become regular guests and will be back to see us again this season. We have a new Touring Warden, Ken, and he is here to assist in any way he can as well as taking good care of our grounds and facilities. Personally my favourite time on the beach is dawn, and it’s amazing when a seal pops up in the water to see who’s about. I would recommend a trip just up the coast to Horsey where you can view a large community of seals in their natural environment. It’s a bit of a walk out to their beach and unfortunately you cannot take dogs, as far as I’m aware, but it is quite breathtaking to see. We all look forward to seeing you back at Caister Holiday Park very soon.

Sharon Whitehouse, Assistant General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We took two children under the age of ten with us on holiday, it was a great holiday and the children's entertainment was excellent. The only downfall in my eyes was that one of the funstars named Kirsty was that out going and child friendly that's she put the other eleven funstars to shame. We could see this from our first day at the park. Apart from that the holiday was great and the little ones really enjoyed it :) thanks for a great time

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review, we are really pleased that you had such a great stay with your family. Our Entertainment Team work incredibly hard and I really don’t know where they get all that energy! Kirsty is going to be delighted when she reads your kind words, she is an absolute star. We hope to see you back at Caister Holiday Park in the near future where we will be waiting to offer you a very warm welcome.

Sharon Whitehouse, Assistant General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caister-on-Sea
Premier Inn Great Yarmouth Hotel
Vauxhall Holiday Park
Vauxhall Holiday Park
#8 of 29 in Great Yarmouth
Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park

Been to Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!