“Extremely Unclean”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Obetz
Cleveland, Ohio
“Extremely Unclean”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is by far the worst I've ever stayed in as far as cleanliness is concerned. The bathtub was not clean--filty actually. Also, there were used wash cloths towels with pubic hair hanging over the shower curtain. The shower had been sprayed down with a cleaner and was not scrubbed so when I turned the water on the filth and I mean filth started running down the drain. Trust me, I did not take a shower. I took photos and showed them to management the next morning and I was told by the manager that he would be issuing a refund for the hotel room and was embarrassed about hte situation. I also sent the photos to his email so he could forward them.

I have contacted him (Matthew) via email over the past week to see where the refund was at with absolutley no response. At this point I am going to call the bank and have them dispute the charges and am thinking about sending them to the local health department.

Due to the lack of professionalism on their behalf, I am now forwarding the photos to corporate and will place them on Facebook so I can tell my story.

FYI, the tub is after I ran water in it.....................

Thank you , Chris Robinson Date of stay July 5th 2014

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alisha C, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Chris,

Alisha Coleman
Comfort Inn
614-492-9000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Took over an hour to actually get checked into a room. The first room had a mildew smell which I wouldnt complain about just thought the hotel may be old... the bathroom door got stuck with an guest in the restroom once the manager couldnt open it they decided to kick the door in... the mirror on the door shattered all over! They apologized and gave me keys to another room. The second room the keys didnt work once I took them back they insisted the keys were deactivated by a cell phone... second set of keys didnt work then they realized the door lock doesnt work. The third room wasnt filthy but I wouldnt say clean... my son couldnt get the hot water to work once I got it to get warm he thought it was too warm trying to cool the water he turned it to cold which was really HOT!!! You have to turn the faucet to cold for hot water and hot for cold. The sheets on one of the beds was stained... I went back to complain and the manager on duty at the time says if you have so many problems just leave...and your not getting any money back... so on top of all the problems the manager had a really nasty attitude... there was one lady at the front desk that apologized for the problems and the way management treated us I guess that counts for something so i give it a 1!

Room Tip: Dont get off on obetz exit go an exit up they have really nice rooms close to shopping eating and gr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dorothy W
Dear Dorothy,

Alisha Coleman
Comfort Inn
614-492-9000
Maumee, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had a whole team of baseball players. Pool was large and clean. Glad to have a working laundry room to clean the boys iniform, called housekeeping to sweep carpets. Came totake care of us in 10 min. Asked if we needed fresh towels and garbage pick up. Very friendly. Hot breakfast clean area and nice employee restocking the shelves . Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your response. I do appreciate your comments.

I hope we can serve you again very soon!

Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stay in Obetz to visit friends..We are a fan of Comfort Inn's so we decided to try this one this time instead of a competitor..Well..The good was the room was clean at check-in and comfy..Had pool, fitness center,and free internet, but didn't use them..We were busy..Parking adequate..Front desk polite..Usual hot breakfast menu..So far pretty typical/average..Next morning breakfast was a disaster!!..We usually catch breakfast close to the end,but there was hardly anything..No utensils, cups, certain foods, but the kicker was NO coffee (machine broke) and no backup plan!!..I realize things happen so we'll see what tomorrow brings..Not much better but there was coffee..Not impressed with room service as our towels on the floor were still there and the pillows were positioned on the made bed like they just got done watching t.v.??..Hard for 2 people to get ready cause no mirror anywhere outside the bathroom..Final tip..Ask them to remove some "fee?" they charge for something or your credit card will be billed for it..Knew this ahead of time due to other reviews..Just want to say I'm disappointed in Comfort Inn here so won't try it again next year..Happy Travels! :-)..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on TripAdvisor.com. I do appreciate your response.

I am sorry that you were dissapointed by our breakfast service and the lack of coffee. This was a very unusual situation and was very unfortunate.

I hope that we may serve you again in the near future and if I can be of service, please let me know.

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We checked in last Fri., May 2. Every thing was fine until we got home and found our Mastercard was charged an extra $2.98. We had no idea what this would be for. My husband called and was informed there is some strange mandatory charge for a "safety warranty." I have no idea what that is !! The room was prepaid so we didn't know about it until we returned home. Apparently, it was in the fine print when he booked the hotel. It definitely smells like a SCAM to me. I wonder how many people even notice the extra charge.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kareng193
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review on TripAdvisor.com. I do appreciate your comments.

I apologize for the extra fees that you incurred. My staff would have been happy to remove those charges from your bill.

I hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Piscataway, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Check in was slow, one woman working the desk alone. She asked if it was okay to put me next to some construction workers, as they could be rowdy sometimes. She tried hard to put the smokers all on the first floor so that they'd have easy access to go outside to smoke. The room itself could use some updating but was serviceable. The room was clean, but worn. There were stink bugs in my room coming in from outside, I had to wedge some towels under the sill to keep them out. Lots of semis and trucks in parking lot, I got the sense that this was the bread and butter clientele.

Skipped breakfast, check out was quick.

Room Tip: Front Desk tries to put somkers on first floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate any feedback from our guests.

Allow me to apologize for the slow check in and I assure that is not typical of my staff and our service.

I hope we can serve you again in the near future and if I can help you directly, please let me know.

Bergenfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

The rooms are very large and clean. However, I got to the hotel very late, and checkin was very slow, as there was only one person staffing the desk. When we got to our rooms, we could still hear some noise in the halls after 2am. Additionally, the breakfast was very limited, and we chose to skip it entirely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Umesh V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our Hotel. We really appreciate it. I'm happy to hear that you had a comfort stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important for us. We will use your feedback to improve our services. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable and well equipped rooms and best possible services to our guest.

As you have noticed we are in process of refreshing our Hotel. We have installed new furniture, new bedding package and enlarged our fitness room.

Once again, we thank you for your business, we really appreciate it. We are looking forward to welcome you back at our Hotel on your return trip to Columbus.

Thank you.

Umesh Vaidya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obetz
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#51 of 143 in Columbus
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/rickenbacker
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Grove City
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Grove City
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!