“kid friendly”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Obetz
Maumee, Ohio
“kid friendly”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had a whole team of baseball players. Pool was large and clean. Glad to have a working laundry room to clean the boys iniform, called housekeeping to sweep carpets. Came totake care of us in 10 min. Asked if we needed fresh towels and garbage pick up. Very friendly. Hot breakfast clean area and nice employee restocking the shelves . Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your response. I do appreciate your comments.

I hope we can serve you again very soon!

Paul F. Boettcher,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stay in Obetz to visit friends..We are a fan of Comfort Inn's so we decided to try this one this time instead of a competitor..Well..The good was the room was clean at check-in and comfy..Had pool, fitness center,and free internet, but didn't use them..We were busy..Parking adequate..Front desk polite..Usual hot breakfast menu..So far pretty typical/average..Next morning breakfast was a disaster!!..We usually catch breakfast close to the end,but there was hardly anything..No utensils, cups, certain foods, but the kicker was NO coffee (machine broke) and no backup plan!!..I realize things happen so we'll see what tomorrow brings..Not much better but there was coffee..Not impressed with room service as our towels on the floor were still there and the pillows were positioned on the made bed like they just got done watching t.v.??..Hard for 2 people to get ready cause no mirror anywhere outside the bathroom..Final tip..Ask them to remove some "fee?" they charge for something or your credit card will be billed for it..Knew this ahead of time due to other reviews..Just want to say I'm disappointed in Comfort Inn here so won't try it again next year..Happy Travels! :-)..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on TripAdvisor.com. I do appreciate your response.

I am sorry that you were dissapointed by our breakfast service and the lack of coffee. This was a very unusual situation and was very unfortunate.

I hope that we may serve you again in the near future and if I can be of service, please let me know.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We checked in last Fri., May 2. Every thing was fine until we got home and found our Mastercard was charged an extra $2.98. We had no idea what this would be for. My husband called and was informed there is some strange mandatory charge for a "safety warranty." I have no idea what that is !! The room was prepaid so we didn't know about it until we returned home. Apparently, it was in the fine print when he booked the hotel. It definitely smells like a SCAM to me. I wonder how many people even notice the extra charge.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kareng193
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review on TripAdvisor.com. I do appreciate your comments.

I apologize for the extra fees that you incurred. My staff would have been happy to remove those charges from your bill.

I hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Check in was slow, one woman working the desk alone. She asked if it was okay to put me next to some construction workers, as they could be rowdy sometimes. She tried hard to put the smokers all on the first floor so that they'd have easy access to go outside to smoke. The room itself could use some updating but was serviceable. The room was clean, but worn. There were stink bugs in my room coming in from outside, I had to wedge some towels under the sill to keep them out. Lots of semis and trucks in parking lot, I got the sense that this was the bread and butter clientele.

Skipped breakfast, check out was quick.

Room Tip: Front Desk tries to put somkers on first floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate any feedback from our guests.

Allow me to apologize for the slow check in and I assure that is not typical of my staff and our service.

I hope we can serve you again in the near future and if I can help you directly, please let me know.

Bergenfield, New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The rooms are very large and clean. However, I got to the hotel very late, and checkin was very slow, as there was only one person staffing the desk. When we got to our rooms, we could still hear some noise in the halls after 2am. Additionally, the breakfast was very limited, and we chose to skip it entirely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Umesh V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our Hotel. We really appreciate it. I'm happy to hear that you had a comfort stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important for us. We will use your feedback to improve our services. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable and well equipped rooms and best possible services to our guest.

As you have noticed we are in process of refreshing our Hotel. We have installed new furniture, new bedding package and enlarged our fitness room.

Once again, we thank you for your business, we really appreciate it. We are looking forward to welcome you back at our Hotel on your return trip to Columbus.

Thank you.

ST, Anthony Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went to Ohio on business and stayed at this hotel like I have done two times a month for two years. There have been some minor problems but not enough to make a fuss over, like no plates for breakfast one time, Problems finding my rate another, ice maker broken, Just the normal things that happen and were fixed the next time I stayed there. But last night was completely deferent, We went to check in and the new people at the desk, didn't know me and couldn't find my rate, but an older manager came down and took care of it, We went to our room and the remote didn't work but they got us a new one, so ok everything was going ok. Then we herd someone knocking on our door hollering hay that's my room, My wife said I don't think so, Then the guy hollered just let me come in and get my bag and books! We didn't see any bag or books and the dead bolt lock was broken so I knew if he wanted to he could kick the door in or jimmy it open. I went to grab the phone to call the front desk, and 911 but the phone had all the dial buttons removed, I tried to use a pen to try to push the inside where the buttons were removed to see if I could dial that way, but I couldn't We finale convinced the man to go to the front desk and have them come get his stuff if there was any. My wife and kids were in a fright The people at the front desk did come and they retrieved a bag the guy had hidden in the room but found no books. As we started to settle down my son jumped off the bed and there on his bed was a pillow with blood on it. I got dressed to go to the front desk to give them the pillow,and non working telephone when we saw a big bug running across the wall, I caught it in a power aid bottle, and took all to the front desk The young guy at the front desk just laughed and said they have a lot of bugs in the hotel. He just took the bloody pillow and threw it behind the counter with the same laugh but I did get a working phone.This was a good place to stay, but now I think it is a good place to stay away from.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Umesh V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out survey for our Hotel. I'm very sorry that your this particular stay was not satisfactory. My team and I sincerely apologize for our shortcoming. You have stayed with us multiple times prior to this experience and has been back to our Hotel twice since then.

We like to assure you that experience and is not typical and it was just one abrasion in our service. My team and I sincerely hope that you will not let this abrasion stop you from coming back again to our Hotel.

In your last couple of visits, I'm sure, you have noticed that we have installed brand new furniture throughout the hotel and we are upgrading and revitalizing our Hotel. Our goal is to offer each of our guests clean, comfortable and well equipped rooms and best possible services.

My team and I are sincerely looking forward to see you on your next trip to Columbus.

Thank you.

General Manager.
McCordsville, Indiana
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I booked this for a Saturday night after Christmass from Priceline for only $38 and it was a good value. But it DOES NOT have a jacuzzi anymore, even though there was a jacuzzi pictured on Priceline. The jacuzzi has been FILLED IN with cement. I was very disapointed about that. But the room was clean enough, with two queen beds, a microwave and dorm refrigerator. My room, # 200, was pretty quiet and I could not hear road noise. Front desk service was pleasant. The pool was fairly warm and clean. Breakfast was the standard make your own waffle, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, small damish, and small muffins. The sausage was rather dried out, and the gravy and biscuits just weren't very tasty. Refills were few or non-exisitent. Later we went to Frisch's/Big Boy breakfast buffet a few miles away, and we wondered why we even bothered with the hotel food. Honestly I'd rather see some hotels just bring in some good, high quality donuts, orange juice, and coffee, and leave it at that, and this is one of them.

Room Tip: Room # 200 was fairly quiet but there was no view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lizard4280
Umesh V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our Hotel. We really appreciate it. We strive to perform better to give clean, comfortable and well equipped rooms to all of our guests. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly service.

We had eliminated our hot tub couple of months ago. We had informed all of our affiliates to update the listing. Unfortunately, even after our notification hot tub pictures from Price Line website. I sincerely apologize for the omission. I really hope that this would not deter you to come back to our Hotel whenever you would be back in Columbus area.

Once again, my team and I thank you for your valued business and your feedback. We appreciate it.

Umesh Vaidya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obetz
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#47 of 143 in Columbus
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/rickenbacker
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Grove City
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Grove City

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!