“Local Reserve Unit”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Obetz
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This establishment has been housing a local Reserve Unit in the area for nearly 4 years now. During that time the staff and especially the management (Joy) has been extremely helpful and accommodating. Any issues that our Marines may have during their stay are immediatly attended to. Our rate has been very reasonable with very little changes over the years. The rooms are always clean and the indoor pool is nice to have.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm at this hotel every Saturday and I am pleased every time I arrive rooms are clean staff is very helpful and over all very happy at this hotel they even let me check in early if the room is ready i travel to obetz every week and every week we stay at the same hotel cant say enough about the friendly staff and if you know your gonna get there early call ahead if your room is ready they have no problem letting you check in early I know because we check in early every week

Room Tip: if you know your gonna arrive early call ahead if the room is ready they will let you check in early
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
joycronin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had to find a hotel for a large group working with FEMA for a recent storm. On the phone the hotel clerk said they do honor govt rates. On their website, it shows their govt rate is $72.00. Upon check-out, the charge was $119.99! I was told that it was their discount rate as they did not have any govt rate rooms. When I protested and told her the clerk on the phone said they did, she asked me if I got this in writing. Oh yeah...they also tack on fees like "safe fee" and "hotels service fee". Hotel staff are not capable of handling large groups, they overbook and their billing is atrocious. My credit card statement had over 10 extra rooms billed to me. It took almost a month to get the credits back and it was a daily battle. For a single reservation, you might be fine, but heed this warning if you are looking to book a block of rooms or if your a govt employee. Skip, hop or jump to another side of Columbus...this hotel and their sister hotel "Sleep Inn" will cause you grievance in many forms...just not worth it.

Room Tip: When negotiating a block of rooms for a specific price, get it in writing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank freakinpiss
joycronin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to write your trip advisor review following your company's stay at our Comfort Inn Obetz. I am disappointed that with the severe storms that we had in this area and the electric being out for several days, the we failed to handle all of your requirements in a satisfactory manner. Your observations have aided us in locating areas of our service needing improvements. We handle large groups everyday and government business is one of our major groups that we handle daily. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

When we checked in, we quickly reported the huge hole in the bathtub and were told "it's not a problem...it's always been like that" and were assured it would be taken care of.

We left the room to go to the pool and discovered there was no a/c in the pool area. The pool was covered on the bottom edges with sand/dirt and the hot tub was ice cold and not working.

We returned to the room...to find the door wouldn't unlock with our keys. After 3 trips to the desk for "reprogramming", it was discovered that the only way into our room was with a device used to program the keys....and it had to be carried down by the desk staff each time we left the room.

After 6 hours and no conversation with any maintenance guy, the room lock was unable to be locked at all.

Very frustrating. Unacceptable. Desk staff were notified at each event. 3 staff members never apologized for any inconvenience or offered to do anything. THe second day of the stay, the desk member was very helpful and worked very hard to get things done with maintenance and it did happen.

In the end, we got a measly $20 off the stay. Not acceptable in my book since the door wouldn't lock at all for a day and wouldn't unlock for another. Not recommended.

Room Tip: not room 127
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mommaof4wife2r

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Comfort Inn Obetz. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations, attention, service and consideration we strive for with all of our guests - the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and we will take immediate corrective action. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The quality of the people here really stood out for me. I travel a lot (100 days a year) and these folks really kicked it up a notch in friendly service. From the moment I stepped through the door to check in until I stepped back out that door on my way out, everyone was super nice.

The room itself was spotless and everything worked. That's something we all expect, but we all know that it doesn't happen every time at every hotel. The bathroom was nice with a great shower, nice toiletries and great towels. The bed was nicer than our bed at home and even the heating/AC unit was trouble-free. Again, not something that happens all the time but is much-appreciated. They must stay on top of maintenance here. The breakfast was great, with quality, cleanliness, and quanitity being the order of the day. Everything was spotless and well-stocked with a big seating area. I loved the layout of this hotel, with a nice, open stair up to the 2nd floor for those folks (like me) that like to take the stairs.

I can't say enough good things about this Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I didn't hear the usual door-slamming here like most other hotels, or ajacent noise from other n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio . We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel and chose it because we enjoyed our first stay. The pool and jacuzzi are very clean and the water temperatures were just right. We had a room with a king size bed, full size refrigerator, breakfast bar and microwave. I knew the room had a fridge and microwave when I booked it, but was pleasantly surprised to see the kitchen and seating area separate from the bedroom. The room also had two T.V's - one tube T.V. in the bedroom and one flat screen in the sitting area. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful, although the food and beverages should have been a little hotter. This is a great hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We consider dedicated and competent staff members our most valuable asset. We are please that you acknowledged our efforts. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. Also, thank you for bringing the breakfast item to my attention. I will make sure this gets corrected immediately.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Like the previous review, we were booked there two weekends for a bowling tournament. The first weekend, the stay was great. The 2nd, they had overbooked 22 rooms and had to move us to the Sleep Inn across the road. Hotel management decided on their own which groups would be moved, splitting up families and even people who rode together. No apology, no compensation, and Joy acted like we were wrong to even feel inconvenienced. The most unprofessional experience we have ever had in a hotel, and I have already written a letter to Corporate Guest Services expressing my dissatisfaction.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Rob L
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Comfort Inn Obetz. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodation, attention, service and consideration we strive for with all our guests - the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

Unfortunately we were having systems problems which caused the hotel to overbook. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we are deeply regretful that you didn't have a good experience.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time that you are in the Columbus, Ohio area. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high qualtiy of service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Obetz
Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
19 mi away
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/Rickenbacker

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz? Share your experiences!