“Great Price”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Obetz
United States
“Great Price”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel and chose it because we enjoyed our first stay. The pool and jacuzzi are very clean and the water temperatures were just right. We had a room with a king size bed, full size refrigerator, breakfast bar and microwave. I knew the room had a fridge and microwave when I booked it, but was pleasantly surprised to see the kitchen and seating area separate from the bedroom. The room also had two T.V's - one tube T.V. in the bedroom and one flat screen in the sitting area. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful, although the food and beverages should have been a little hotter. This is a great hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.
We consider dedicated and competent staff members our most valuable asset. We are please that you acknowledged our efforts. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. Also, thank you for bringing the breakfast item to my attention. I will make sure this gets corrected immediately.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio . We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Like the previous review, we were booked there two weekends for a bowling tournament. The first weekend, the stay was great. The 2nd, they had overbooked 22 rooms and had to move us to the Sleep Inn across the road. Hotel management decided on their own which groups would be moved, splitting up families and even people who rode together. No apology, no compensation, and Joy acted like we were wrong to even feel inconvenienced. The most unprofessional experience we have ever had in a hotel, and I have already written a letter to Corporate Guest Services expressing my dissatisfaction.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Rob L
, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Comfort Inn Obetz. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodation, attention, service and consideration we strive for with all our guests - the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

Unfortunately we were having systems problems which caused the hotel to overbook. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we are deeply regretful that you didn't have a good experience.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time that you are in the Columbus, Ohio area. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high qualtiy of service.
Poland, Ohio
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Our rooms were all booked thru recommendation from bowling tournament organizers. We were to get a "special rate" Upon check-in and after settling into our room it was booked again to someone else. They put their key card into the door lock and walked into the room to find my husband sitting there. Had he not been in the room at the time, who knows. Then the next morning, when I went to take a shower, I had no hot water. The excuse at the front desk was too many people taking showers at the same time, Going down to the lobby, I encountered quite a few other people, who were also unable to shower, due to no hot water.. After further conversations, it was learned that the previous night, there were also a number of people who did not take a shower due to no hot water. Every hotel should be able to supply enough hot water for it's guests. For this, we were charged $99.99 plus taxes for the night. Ridiculous.

Room Tip: If you like cold showers and over-pricing, stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rose M
joycronin, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012

NC Indiana
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Do not trust this hotel .... Our company which is local has a Corporate account with this hotel and we stay every other weekend and have been for the past 2 months. We always make our next reservation in person at the front desk when we check out. On May 5th we unloaded our vehicle and went inside to check into our room. We were told right away that we did not have a reservation ... the lady at the desk knew us and knew that every other week we are guests there. She insisted that we had no reservation and then added that they also had NO rooms available either! No remorse, concern, or appology .... just that there were NO rooms and she then moved on to the next person in line. We were stunned to say the LEAST ~ When we called and talked to the lady who made our reservation for us 2 weeks prior ... she admitted to us that YES she did make the reservation positively!!! Well, after several phone calls to other hotels in the area we finally found a hotel (out of our way) that had a room for us (at a higher rate). Another Comfort Inn ~ we were told that more than likely Our Reservation was Cancelled due to the fact that there was something going on in town and the hotel wanted to sell our room for a higher price ..... We were assured that the hotel manager was going to hear about what happened to us and that she would be calling us .... a week later and NO PHONE CALL. Dont Trust This Hotel ... they will turn their backs on dedicated, preferred guests to make an extra buck off of another guest who may or may not ever be in the area again. Two weeks prior to this ordeal we were told that we didnt have a reservation (which again we made in person) ... thankfully they had rooms available that weekend and we were accommodated.

Room Tip: Choose Another Hotel In The Area
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DognVenus
Thank you for your comments concerning your reservation problems that you incurred when arriving to the Comfort Inn Obetz. I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept me apologies for any inconvenience ou experienced.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio. I can assure you we will do eveything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to your was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Ravenna
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is not a place to expect glamour and glitz. This is a hotel to get a decent night's rest while traveling without paying the higher prices downtown. The hotel has a large lobby/breakfast area, and there's always coffee available in the lobby. The rooms are typical for the Choice Hotel family, although this particular Comfort Inn still has old picture tube TVs rather than flat screens. Due to business nearby, I tend to stay here frequently. There are occasionally issues with water pressure and hot water availability early in the mornings on weekends.

The complimentary breakfast available here is much more expansive than the sister property around the corner. Here, they have a waffle maker and two steam tables with eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits and usually sausage or bacon.

The hotel has wi-fi available for its guests, with different access points situated throughout the hotel. Occasionally the network gets bogged down with heavy use, but I can always check my email and facebook without a problem. Attempting to use any type of video service (youtube, skype etc) may suffer some frustrating interruptions.

The staff here has always been pleasant to me and has always done their best to make me happy. According to the sign at the desk, this hotel is now 100% smoke free, but it hasn't always been that way. Occasionally, you can still smell smoke in a room. It's never been an overwhelming issue for me.

There are certainly no shortages of hotels to stay at in and around Columbus. However, I have no problem returning to this Comfort Inn repeatedly when staying at this price level.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wheeling, WV
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We returned to the Comfort Inn Obetz after visiting last year. Everything was nice once again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
joycronin, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a better than typical hotel in the Choice Hotels chain. I stayed here with my family for one night as we passed through the area on a long trip - the hotel had everything we needed. This property is clean and relatively new with an attractive lounge and breakfast area. Parking is plentiful and mostly well lighted. There is a convenience story adjacent along with fast food restaurants and shopping within a short drive. My room was very clean, well appointed, and quiet. Breakfast was good and fresh, and typical of this class of hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and I had a very pleasant stay. I would recommend it, and I would stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our Hotel.
Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to the appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Comfort Inn Obetz the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio. We look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obetz
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#51 of 143 in Columbus
Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Scioto Downs
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/Rickenbacker
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Grove City
Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!