Taveuni Palms Resort
  • Breakfast included
$598
$506
  • Beachfront
Garden Island Resort(Taveuni Island)(Great Value!)
$183
$135
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Laucala Island Resort(Laucala Island)
TripAdvisor
Nakia Resort & Dive(Taveuni Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrand villaprivate poolspa treatmentstotal privacyevery mealour honeymooncoconut crabcooking lessonthe lavena coastal walkbouma fallsfresh flowersfishfantasy islandfour seasonsbehind the scenesrefreshing drinkwords cannot describe
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I have just returned from an amazing honeymoon at Taveuni Palms. Words can not describe how breathtakingly beautiful this property is. We stayed in the upper villa with the infinitey pool and loved it. The upper villa has panoramic ocean views that can not be beat. When we first arrived no guests were in the lower villa so my new wife and I were able to see both villas. Both villas are great,, just different. The lower villa has a bigger pool and a seperate plunge pool with a nice lawn but it is down about 20 yards from the villa. The upper villa has a smaller infinitey pool directly on the deck outside the villa. We liked this aspect of the upper villa better than having the bigger pool and yard area. The lower Villa has hardwood floors and feels a little more Fijian but, the upper villa is tiled and has a more modern clean feel. Again, it is hard to say one is better than the other, they are just different. Both are amazing.

The food and service at this resort are second to none. Every meal was superb. We had Lobster one night. Each lobster had to have been 5 pounds. It was cooked to perfection. I have paid 80 dollars for a lobster in Los Angeles at a 5 star restaurant that pailed in comparison to what I ate at Taveuni Palms.

The staff is what truly makes this place special. When we left my new wife was in tears because she felt like she was leaving family behind. The entire time we were there we felt like we were staying with family.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jodan11
Reviewed June 6, 2007

We stayed at Taveuni Palms for five unforgettable days in late May 2007. We have traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America and stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the world. Without doubt, Taveuni Palms was the best vacation experience we have had anywhere in the world. There were so many wonderful things about Taveuni Palms that I feel compelled to break them down:

1. Accommodations -- The villas are spectacular. We stayed in the lower villa, which had beautiful grounds, a private swimming pool and separate shaded plunge pool. The villa also had a private beach with two kayaks we could take out at our leisure. The villa was large, airy, comfortable, luxurious, and had the most amazing outdoor showers. The view from the villa and its grounds was breathtaking. We had to pinch ourselves to believe we were really staying here. The beds were very comfortable, the towels large and soft, and the refrigerator stocked with plenty of beverages. It was simply fabulous.

2. Service -- The staff was absolutely incredible in their attentiveness, friendliness and graciousness. I loved picking up the phone to order breakfast, as I was instantly greeted with a friendly "Bula Eva," "How are you this morning?" in the warmest voice you could imagine. This is where "fantasy island" comes in. No matter what we asked for, the staff delivered and consistently exceeded our expectations. The daily massages on our deck overlooking the ocean were heavenly. By the end of the trip, we considered the staff as part of our family. They were the kindest people we have ever met. The owners Kelly and Tony are delightful people, and we very much enjoyed getting to know them. Kelly's attention to detail is just amazing. This was by far the best service we have experienced on earth.

3. Food -- The food was absolutely 5 star. The food was the best food we have ever eaten on any trip anywhere. Everything was made from scratch incorporating fresh, local ingredients. On our first day, Kelly told us she was sending "the boys" out to catch us some fish for dinner. When it arrived on our table, we had the most delicious yellow fin tuna I have ever tasted. My husband Mark is a picky eater, and he loved everything they made. I must also note that Taveuni Palms was incredibly accommodating, making us separate dishes (lobster and steak) to accommodate my husband and me. We ate on our beautiful Bula deck overlooking the ocean almost every day, occasionally altering to our house deck or pool side table. The table settings were spectacularly beautiful, incorporating shells, flowers and gorgeous linens. I even received a complimentary cooking lesson to learn how to make the yummy bula wraps. It was a fantasy!

4. Excursions and Activities -- Although it was hard leaving the wonderful villa, the excursions and activities were a highlight of our trip. We were whisked away by air-conditioned private car to the north end of the island for the Lavena Coastal kayak and walk. It was stunningly beautiful, and our guide Simone was incredibly knowledgeable. Afterwards we sat with the locals in their village and learned about their culture. We also went horseback riding on the south side of the island and scuba dived the famous - and aptly named - rainbow reef. It was breathtaking. All of the excursions were totally private, and our car was driven by Babu who we chatted with for hours. Babu was wonderful, and we learned so much about the local culture. There are so many things to do on Taveuni that we did not come close to doing them all. We will have to return.

5. Experience -- This was the most incredible vacation experience of our lives. The Fijian people are some of the most friendly people you will come across anywhere on earth, and the loving people of Taveuni - including the wonderful staff and owners of Taveuni Palms - are what made this vacation experience so unique. If you are looking to mingle with other guests or stay up in late night bars, this is not the place for you. If, however, you are looking for a totally private, romantic, relaxing and pampering vacation with options for interesting cultural excursions and a host of recreational activities, then this is the place.

Kelly and Tony - thank you for the best vacation of our lives. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank OCBula
Reviewed May 9, 2007

We stayed at the Taveuni Palms for nine days in early March. I did so much research to find the best vacation, and was confident that I had found the perfect place. And I was right !
When we walked into the villa, my partner turned to me and said "You have really out-done yourself this time." She only knew that we were going to Fiji. Knew very little else, as she left all of the planning to me. Talk about having to meet high expectations.
We loved the staff, the food, the villa, the view, the water, the grounds. It was an amazing trip of a lifetime, and we are going to book it again for 2009.
Just to make the trip even more fun, the owners have a young yellow lab (Jimbo), who is sweet, well trained, and always carrying around huge coconuts in his mouth. We whistled for Jim all the time, and also the adorable orange cat named Earl.

Anyone who is looking for a beautiful and luxurious resort, with the nicest staff possible, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank OakParkTraveller
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We are just back from a magical honeymoon at Taveuni Palms and we LOVED it!!! The views, food, service and villa were incredible. I had very high expectations after choosing Taveuni Palms through the reviews on this site and every single one was lived up to and more. The private pool and beach were a real plus. I was able to sunbathe topless and we could swim and lye on the sand with no one to bother us. The villas are 5 star and SO LUXURIOUS. We have travelled all over the world and usually stay in the Four Seasons Resorts but the villa we had was the most luxurious accommodation were have ever experienced. Every single detail has been thought of. Even the bathroom towels were the softest, richest, most luxurious towels were had ever felt!
We had seven personal staff that gave us all the privacy we wanted but also the best service we have ever had at a resort. We certainly felt that we got all the care and attention that a big resort just cannot offer.
Our staff Robert, Taylor, Seia, Rosa, SousSous, Ishi and Bua took amazing care of us and made every moment of our stay so romantic and special. The nicest part was that they did all the little extra special things without us even having to ask. Their ability to forsee what you would need or want was unbelievable. If you are looking for luxury, privacy, beautiful views, superb snorkeling, great service and the very best in food then go to Taveuni Palms. They certainly derserve the fantastic reputation they have. I will be posting my pictures shortly. If you have any questions just let me know. I used this site to find our resort and would be happy to help others.
Kathy

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank kathyrichards
Reviewed January 13, 2007

My first trip was in November 2005. Words cannot describe the views from the villas. We consider ourselves to be travelers, with over 10 trips to carribean & mexico. But, not one of our trips came close to this place. On vacation one may ride bikes, hike etc to get the best view. Not here, its on your deck. You will find yourself drawn to the view where we sat for hours, where they served our meals, where we swam in our infinity edge pool. The best snorkling was right off of our beach. The most pleasant surprise was the food. Even our picky eater raved about it. The hours of preperation showed in every meal. We even got engaged on the beach there. It was paradise.

So when we had t o choose a place to elope we were drawn back there. As a traveler to a destination so far from home, I had some concerns with the Coup in Fiji. Kelly, the owner eased my concerns and provided me with facts from her island. I can honestly say that they took care of everything for the wedding. And as a bride, I can nnot tell you how relieved I was.

In November 2006 we arrived, with friend & family in tow, it was perfect. From the newly remodeled villas to the afternoon messages. I'm sure for the staff The wedding day went off exactly as planned. But word cannot describe how they transformed this already beautiful place into a wedding of my dreams. They picked flowers and weaved them to trasform the deck into a tropical runway. Every detail was thought of for us. We had there top package with the tribal dance. This was a special treat. They really made us feel like part of there fijian family. It ended with a candelight lobster dinner under the stars. I could not have dreamed of more. I highly recommend this place to any trevelers thinking of going to Fiji. You will not be disappointed. They really have a special place in our hearts. Once you go there, you will be hooked. We plan on returning this year.

Vinakka to the Staff of Taveuni Palms!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank joneah