Taveuni Palms Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$871
$604
$502
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Garden Island Resort(Taveuni Island)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Laucala Island Resort(Laucala Island)
Nakia Resort & Dive(Taveuni Island)
Agoda.com
All reviewsgrand villaprivate poolspa treatmentstotal privacyevery mealour honeymooncoconut crabcooking lessonthe lavena coastal walkbouma fallsfresh flowersfishfantasy islandfour seasonsbehind the scenesrefreshing drinkwords cannot describe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We have just returned from another amazing vacation @ Taveuni Palms. Last year we stayed in the upper villa with the infinity pool and loved it. This year we decided to stay in the lower villa and were extremely pleased. The villas and the grounds are beautiful. You can't go wrong with choosing either one.

The most amazing part of staying here are the owners Tony and Kelly and their staff. They are the most extraordinary people and know just how to make you feel at home. The service is unbeatable and the staff is unobtrusive. If there is anything you need, just call them and they will assist you right away. If not, you will generally only see them during your meals. You will feel as if you have the entire place to yourselves.

The food is delicious and the chefs at Taveuni Palms are incredible. There are menus to choose from for breakfast and lunch and for dinner the will create 4-5 courses especially for you. We live in Las Vegas where we have dined at some of the finest restaurants and we were not disappointed!

There is a wonderful spa menu to choose from with astounding rates. The owners have kept the prices low so you can afford to enjoy many treatments during your stay. They also include a complimentary massage to help you unwind when you arrive.

There are many fun excursions you can take around the island. This island is beautiful so you will want to be outdoors as much as possible. Don't miss the dolphins that swim by your villa in the morning! If you enjoy diving, they will book your own private boat and diver to take you out to the dive sites that you want to see and will arrange it around your schedule.

If you are planning a wedding in Fiji, Taveuni Palms would be ideal. The staff goes above and beyond to make every occasion special and unforgettable!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fiji2007
Reviewed April 1, 2008

This has got to be the most beautiful place I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. There are sooo many wonderful things to say about this resort that I can not even begin to touch the surface! The accomodation is lovely and the setting is like a dream. You literally have your OWN beach - your own piece of paradise!!! The staff made our stay extra special - they were so warm and friendly and were always full of smiles. I am VERY fussy when it comes to food - yet everything they dished up was DELICIOUS! What I loved about Taveuni Palms was the PRIVACY, the BEAUTY and most of all the PEACE! A hidden gem that I would reccomend to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank SurferChick
Reviewed March 23, 2008

So this review is months overdue but our experience was so WONDERFUL I suffered a serious case of post-vacation depression.

My husband and I traveled to Taveuni for our wedding and honeymoon and the result was above and beyond our wildest dreams. Kelly thinks of things like a choir at church and even how to get wrinkles out of my wedding dress. Kelly, Tony, and staff treated us as family and I actually cried when we left.

The other reviews are so well written I truly can't say anything more except our families are jealous they didn't travel with us to Fiji. Also, it was already agreed before our flight home, that we would return in 5 years = )

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anewbeginning626
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Wow, amazing, paradise, a dream come true! I really do not know how to start this review. This is my first blog on trip advisor. We stayed 6 nights at Taveuni Palms for our honeymoon and I cannot say enough good things about the place. I must have spent over 100 hours researching honeymoon destinations on the internet and here on trip advisor. The number of choices was so overwhelming. I started looking in the Maldives, then Mauritus, then Tahiti, then Fiji. I knew that I wanted 5 star, privacy, my own pool and beach, a beautiful villa or hotel in the tropics, fanastic food and service and above all I wanted to swim with dolphins. I also had a budget of under $1,000 a night. Not asking too much I know! I was so excited to find Taveuni Palms as it seemed to have all of the above. I was immediately impressed with the incredible service I recieved from Kelly, the owner, over the e mail. She really took the time to answer my 101 questions and make note of all my special requests. She offered us complimentary spa treatments each for our stay as a honeymoon gift so we booked and I had my fingers crossed that I had made the right choice. As it turned out I absolutely had. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the villa and our private grounds. I had spent the previous six months staring at photos of Taveuni Palms on my screen saver but nothing could have prepared me for the breathtaking beauty of the views and the villa. They really need to re do their website as the photos do not do the place justice. It was everything I dreamed it would be and them so much more.
We stayed in the lower villa on the beach and were treated like royalty. The food and service was outstanding the entire time. We ate so much food and every mouthful was unbelieveably good. The Lobster was huge and I had the coconut crab twice it was so good. My husband insists that the steak was the best he has ever tasted. I ate the coconut banana flapjacks with coconut syrup every morning for breakfast. I know that i should have tried other things but they were just too good.
We spent the first two days just relaxing on the beach and by the pool. I had mentioned to Kelly that it was my dream to swim with dolphins and on the very first morning at breakfast a pod of about 10 dolphins swum past the villa. It was as if they had ordered them in just for me. As it turned out they swum past everyday except one during our stay.
There is so much to do on Taveuni so after two days of relaxing we decided to go out an explore. We went deep sea fishing with Doug and Paul and caught 4 yellow fin tuna that the Chef Bua made into fresh sashimi for us. We also did Bouma waterfalls and the Lavena coastal walk and kayak while we were there. I also wanted to do the horseback riding but we ran out of time. If you are thinking of traveling to Taveuni, 6 days is not enough time. Please take my advice and stay 10 nights.
The nicest aspect of Taveuni Palms had to be the privacy you have with the villa. Being our honeymoon we wanted to be able to take a skinny dip and relax by our pool with no one else around. There is no set times for meals or service so you just call through to your personal staff on an intercom when you are ready for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, bar service or housekeeping. It was fantastic. The staff are all the sweetest, kindest, nicest people you will ever meet and go out of their way to make everything romantic and special. Our evening waiter Robert, had the most incredible infectious laugh and had us in hysterics every night. We also returned to the villa each night to find flowers on the bed, scented oil burning or candles softly lighting the bedroom. the whole experience was a true honeymoon fantasy come true.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
10  Thank lovethesun1
Reviewed January 13, 2008

This review is well overdue considering how much we loved our stay at Taveuni Palms. We were there for 10 days for our honeymoon and it was honestly the closest I think we will ever come to paradise.

Kelly and Tony own the resort and have mastered the art of hospitality - they are truly wonderful. She and the staff greeted us upon arrival with a song and a smoothie - they are the sweetest people on earth, which is something we have come to learn about Fijjians overall. I cannot describe the sweet souls that these people have, but their smiles are the warmest and most genuine examples of their extreme friendliness. The staff at the hotel is unquestionably the best we have ever known and has set the bar very high for future trips - they go above and beyond to be so incredibly thoughtful and they seem to enjoy their jobs at the resort. We loved Sia, Teila, Robert, Rosa, Maureen, and all of the rest who were so sweet and caring.

The resort is the most intimate and spectacular place we have ever stayed. We were in the upper villa, which we opted for since it has the infinity pool. We absolutely loved the villa - I cried when we first got there because I couldn't believe how amazing it was. The bedrooms are beautiful - it is kept immaculately and they have an iPOD dock, so there is music piped throughout the house and on the pool deck through a Bose stereo system - so wonderful for setting the mood for the day.

Kelly had the double kayak set up for us, which we used daily. The snorkeling off the front of the resort is SPECTACULAR! it can be difficult to access during lower tides, but we really did not have too much trouble with it overall and you cannot beat having such phenomenal reef life so close to the accommodations.

We ate like never before at this resort. I have never been so amazed by EVERY meal of the day. The staff would set the most beautiful tables and we would sit for ours together enjoying the fantastic food. It is completely fresh and so flavorful. You can make menu changes for dinner and there are great choices for breakfast and lunch. The fridge was stocked with wine, beer, and coconut cookies (unbelievable). We live in New York, so we are never deprived of having fantastic food available to us, but Teila and the cooks at the Taveuni Palms put most restaurants to shame.

Taveuni itself is absolutely breathtaking. The importance of getting away from the bigger resorts in Nadi is absolutely crucial if you're interested in really seeing what Fiji and Fijiian people are all about. The island is very much a self-sustained place - where they grow all of their fruits and vegetables organically (mango, papaya, greens, etc.) and they fish for fresh yellowfin, etc. daily.

Babu is the resort driver and he drove us to our various activities (Lavena coastal walk, Bouma Falls, and golf) - he is an amazing resource for learning about the culture on the island and Fiji in general. We feel like we really came to understand everything about the lifestyles of the island. All of the excursions were fantastic - especially Bouma falls - we were completely alone at the second falls and it was like nothing I have ever experienced before.

We almost never saw evidence of or knew that there was another couple at the resort and we felt like we got to truly relax and be on our own for our honeymoon, which is exactly what we wanted. We loved that after dinner we would just hang out in the villa and go to sleep early. New York gives us enough nightlife to go around, so sitting and looking at the stars (amazing) after dinner was just what we were looking for.

WE had a massage or spa treatment in the villa almost every day and I HIGHLY reccommend taking advantage of their amazing services, nothing like relaxing with a massage in your own place while listening to the sounds of the beach.

I travel often and Taveuni Palms has far surpassed my experiences anywhere else in this world. There are so many wonderful things that I am forgetting to say, but I truly cannot describe how fantastic this place is and I strongly recommend it for those looking for an exotic vacation with a nice balance activitiyand total relaxation. Kelly and Tony have truly done a fantastic job of turning their dream into a sanctuary from the stresses of everyday living.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple