Hotels.com
stella k
Oahu, Hawaii
Best budget option
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 6, 2018
I had a bure to myself with beautiful views of ocean and sunset through the coconuts trees. Very nice except for funky mildewy curtains. Staff very helpful. Meals very good at a good price. Crackers and Peanut butter from the store just past the airport...1 mile away....helped budget.....and so did the the free falling mangoes on the grounds. Nice beach across the road. Was able to explore the island by local buses....but only 3 buses a day north and south so a bit of waiting involved. Get your bus card before arriving in Taveuni at Vodophone and also have extra cash as only one ATM machine on island.
0.3 miles from Maravu Taveuni Lodge
0.5 miles from Maravu Taveuni Lodge
  • Lol.travel
Beachfront
Restaurant
Nighttime view of the domes
  • Official Hotel Site
Restaurant
Our beautiful bure 😍
152.3 miles from Maravu Taveuni Lodge
Beverly's
View more hotels in Matei
All reviews free wifi min walk vinaka vakalevu scuba diving lunch and dinner garden island mango dorm rafa accommodation fiji ajay guide bure meals locals electricity
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

The highlight of our trip was Ajay, a tour guide and driver who was great in teaching us interesting facts about the island and taking us to unique sites. Ajay speaks fluent English and all the local languages and was very hospitable in helping us find food and for shopping. Ajay can be contacted through Maravu.

We stayed in the treehouse for 6 nights. Travellers should be aware there are 70+ stairs to climb and a short walk is required to reach the treehouse.

Maravu is close to the airport and supermarket. There is a nice beach and cafe opposite the grounds.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Skhtravels2019
Reviewed November 20, 2018

My stay at Maravu was absolutely spectacular! The space itself was gorgeous, with trees drooping with ripe mangos and plenty of green grassy spots to sit and enjoy the view. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner each night, and loved just sitting in the common area to chill and do some work! But the best part of Maravu is definitely, without a doubt, the staff! Everyone is so kind and helpful and fun. I especially adored Savi, she's such a beautiful soul and always knew how to make me laugh. I miss her - and the rest of my Maravu family - already!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in Maravu.

Overall we were very happy with pur accommodation. Very comfy bed, spacious room and clean bathroom. Bed changed daily.

Staff were lovely, especially Savi who I believe is the manager or head receptionist. She remembers everyone's name and goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. She truly is one of a kind and I would say Maravu have struck gold with her!

Beautiful grounds and great trips offered daily at good prices!

My only criticism would be that you have to pay your bar tab in cash, which means unless you have it you have to go to the one atm on the island which incurs a 20 fijan dollar cost each way. That and the bar is more pricey than we expected. I think breakfast should be included in the price.

Otherwise, lovely x

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank daydream93
Sereana F, Public Relations Manager at Maravu Taveuni Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Bula bula,

Thanks for the nice feedback and apologies for the inconvenience. We've shared your comments with our team and we appreciate the opportunity to create improvement for our future guests. Yes there is just 1 ATM on the island, thus we recommend for all our guests to bring cash (we email this info to our guests before their arrival). And for guests who wish to visit the ATM without paying cab prices, we can recommend to try the local bus :)

Vinaka and best wishes,

Maravu Trbe

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

The idea was to only spend a few days on Taveuni. I ended up spending 3 weeks at Maravu.
The crew is so friendly. I felt as if I was part of there family.
And the island is beautiful.
Definitely worth to go here. I want to go back

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

It was a great stay for 4 days. Friendly staff and clean rooms. It’s near to the beach, so you just have to walk 3 minutes. You also can go snorkeling at this beach. The pool was also clean and a great view on the beach from the resort.

Trip type: Traveled solo