“Good place for breakfast”
Review of Driftwood Cafe

Driftwood Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Although the menu is small, the food and service are good. We ate breakfast here one day so we could get off the resort and see a bit more of George Town. I recommend stopping here during your stay on the island!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I loved this cafe and visited several times while visiting Georgetown.

The decor is light and airy and the patio has the perfect balance of sunlight and shade provided by large patio umbrellas.

The cappuccino was the best I've ever had. I usually take a bit of sugar in mine but the espresso was so smooth I needed no adjustments before drinking.

The 'coconut cake' a Bahamian coconut and ginger cookie I had was absolutely amazing. The perfect blend of sweet and spicy. I had planned to return the next day to buy the entire supply to bring home with me but the cafe was closed for a public holiday.

We also had a couple sandwiches, my partner enjoyed his club but I was a little disappointed with my crab salad sandwich. It was not labeled as imitation crab on the menu. It did taste very nice but I was expecting crab meat and not pollock.

All in all I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Driftwood was our first stop after arrival and the owner was so sweet! They were out of a few things because the boat had not brought them, but were quite accommodating. We came back for the conch chowder that evening before the Junkanoo festivities kicked off and it was awesome, along with the lobster quiche. It's not fancy but everything was quick and clean and yummy!

1  Thank Phanks
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ate here twice. The service was excellent and the sandwiches we had were way better than average. They have a nice menu selection with things other than sandwiches. Would definitely eat here again. Very friendly atmosphere.

We were there on hot days and it was really nice to get inside with A/C and have a nice lunch with friendly service.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited to eat here with my husband after reading the reviews. Unfortunately, both of us were disappointed with the quality of our lunch selections. I had the crab sandwich, but it was not crab, but surimi "krab" pollock that was served. I was expecting a small, delicious sandwich for the money, I think it was 10 or 12 dollars and instead was served this large fake krab sandwich on an untoasted panini type bun. My husband had the black bean and corn burger 12 dollars or so with no side.. It was just ok. We both had a cup of conch chowder, and although tasty, at 5 dollars a cup, we felt it should have been much better. We love Exuma, but will be skipping the Driftwood Cafe on our next visit.