“Fantastic father/son trip with Stevie!”
Review of Bonefish Stevie

Bonefish Stevie
Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you are in Exuma, you MUST bone fish with Stevie! My son and I had a once in a lifetime experience. Absolutely fantastic. Can't thank you enough, Stevie!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went with Stevie on a half day with my wife and daughter and then a whole day just me.
With my family we quickly abandoned bone fishing because they were getting bored. Stevie shifted gears and turned the outing into a reef fishing bonanza! We caught caught fish nearly every cast and over 60 were keeper snappers.

Then today he and I went out for bonefish. Man it was tough. I've fly fished in the states a lot, it was cloudy and windy. But Stevie kept on it till we go it to them-o-plenty!!

Great guide and great guy

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Bonefish Stevie was our favorite part of the trip! My husband was the fisherman that day- I just sat behind him took pictures and tried not to get a hook in the face! My husband is a beginner and Stevie realized that pretty quickly :) He took us to some beginner areas- was patient with Chris while he taught him how to cast properly- and over all just showed us a really good time! He’s personable, patient, and a really good teacher! By the end of the day Chris caught a Bone Fish (which is a small miracle)!!!! We had the best time hanging out with him that day and we can’t wait to go again! Just wait Stevie… the “honeymooners” are saving up for another trip to Exuma!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stevie Ferguson is a must if you want to go fishing in the beautiful bonefish filled Exuma.
I visited Exuma to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary and stayed at Sandals - a superb resort. My wife gave me a pass out for two days fishing and I booked Steve Ferguson based upon his reputation and after exchanging a few e-mails in advance. I was not dissapointed - after 30 years of fishing luckily in many places around the world but having never fished for bonefish seriously. I was looking for someone to help me catch the "grey ghost of the flats". Stevie falls into an elite catagory of fisherman who I swear have "gills" - He thinks like a fish and has an excellent knowlege of where to find and catch fish at the different states of tide and with which lures / bait.
I had two great days - the first dedicated to bonefish - at least a dozen on my first day and due to my inexperience with bonefish several big ones hooked and lost to tell of the one that got away! The second day was split between bonefish and snapper and a large barracuda! that snapped my rod - another story for the bar.
Stevie is not only a great angler but also a great guide and company full stop - we came up with solutions to all the worlds problems during our two days afloat!
One tip If you are fortunate to fish with Stevie Ferguson read everything on his website at least twice and carefully understand it in advance - it offers many useful tips that will help you land your first "bone". On the day make sure you listen to him carefully for he will willingly if you so desire share his 30years of knowlege of bonefish and fishing in Exuma with you - he does not shut up! -unless as he says you want him to. He will give a free fishing lesson tailored to even to the most experienced angler and take you to some very special places.
I hope to return with some friends for a dedicated fishing holiday but I can see that due to Stevie's patience laid back nature and personality he should be highly recommended for beginner and more experienced angler alike.
Those two days will be up there with the best of my fishing memoirs - If six stars existed on trip advisor he would get them from me.
Thanks Stevie - hopefully be back soon for an even bigger bone!

2  Thank Alan B
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Bonefish Stevie was one of the highlights of our trip to Exuma this Christmas. He knows were the fish are and adapts to your level of skill. My son and I, with very little fishing experience, had a great morning with him. He picked us up at our hotel on time, and brought us back in time for lunch, WIth a nod and a wink to the chef in the restaurant, he arranged for us to get our fresh catch cooked up for lunch. Highly recommend.

3  Thank HungryTravelerNC