All reviewsjolly hall beachsplash barfree shuttlefish frystocking islandfull kitchenwater taxibedroom cottageocean sidepaddle boardscar rentalclose to townhotel restaurantvisiting exumachat n chilllaid backbeautiful beach
Reviewed May 12, 2017

We stayed at this amazing get away. Cottage was like a movie set, with stunning views and great food. We met DJ, a host at the hotel who showed us the hotel amenities and around the resort. The day we left to visit Nassau, I realized I left something in our room and was bummed. I asked DJ if the Hideaways at Palm Bay would send it to me in Vegas. This guy sent it with a friend to our hotel in Nassau. He's an amazing person and we will miss him ..

"thanks DJ"

Pulido Family

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2017

I've stayed at the Hideaways for the past two years and will continue to stay there for years to come. The staff is absolutely amazing! DJ who works there was so kind and always happy to help. I am blessed to now call him my friend! I would recommend this property to anyone who is looking to stay in the Exumas just based on the fact that the staff is so kind and friendly. The property itself is also great and always well kept and groomed. This place is my heaven! :)

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie C
Bev B, Guest Relations Manager at Hideaways at Palm Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

We are so, so happy that you had an AMAZING time at Hideaways!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We will pass your review along to our staff and management. DJ will personally be commended for his efforts in making sure your vacation was a memorable one.

Have a fantastic summer we can't wait to see you back again soon!

Warmest regards,

From the Staff and Management - Hideaways Exuma, Bahamas

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Great beach views!! Room was clean. Staff was helpful with questions regarding accommodations and general island inquiries. Onsite Restaurant had good food. With a large group and staff was great to make special arrangements.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank shawn w
Reviewed April 23, 2017

Most of the people at the reception desk were very nice but there was one girl who seemed disinterested at best. We had a 1 bedroom villa with partial ocean view which was very nice and not too far off of the beach. The restaurant on site had good food but the service left much to be desired. The whole time we were there (9 days) we had 1 waitress that was actually friendly. The get an automatic 15% gratuity so they don't seem to care if you need anything after you get your food or not. Being a former waitress I found the service sketchy at best. Most of the time we had to find our waitress and ask for our check so we could leave. There was plenty of beach to walk on and the water is the most beautiful color I've seen. Pool was nice and kept very clean but they need to put a strip of color on the end of the steps, they blend in with the water and I saw several people almost fall off of the last step because you can't tell it's there.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bdrm. villa with partial ocean view not far from the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Denise B
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Please note that my 'average' rating is based purely on service.

We were forced to stay in the Exumas for a night as we could not take off in our plane due to high winds. We loved the look of this place and there was a two bed villa available on booking.com. However we phoned and the receptionist said they had no availability. We were literally stranded. The airfield marshall then phoned her back and 'had a word' and miraculously the villa became available.

When we checked in, the young receptionist was disinterested and charged us more than was agreed on the phone. We had had such a bad day and she made it 10x worse. We stood at reception for at least 15 minutes in silence before getting shown to the villa. It was an absolute disgrace.

Then at breakfast the next day we were berated by the waitress for not having a breakfast voucher - the receptionist had given us no information about this whatsoever so we looked like complete idiots.

It was such a shame as the villa was really nice and the facilities at the resort looked great. If you are in a family of four the villa was really well equipped and parents can have their own room whilst being under the same building as the kids. We did have an issue with hot water in the morning but I could not face complaining! The service and food in the onsite bar were brilliant.

We might consider staying here again if the receptionist is sacked - she is doing nothing for business and is quite likely losing the owner money. Even the most placid of our group lost the plot with anger which is saying something!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple