We stayed in No. 4 for five nts. You could hear the ocean at night, and a lovely kitty adopted me for the entire stay. There was a huge blow-out party at a restaurant at the next property on Fri night. I could hear and enjoy the music, and followed a path to get closer to watch the revelry, but when you're in your little cabin, you don't hear anything to keep you from sleeping. We both slept like logs. Please eat at Splah, the restaurant/bar. The staff is wonderful, the conch fritters are the best we've eaten anywhere in the Caribbean, and the fresh fish, both the sandwiches and the plates, is just wonderful. The Ciabatta bread seems to be homemade. The only thing we were surprised at is the Goffen was just average. WiFi works well, and even if the ofc area is not open yet, sit on the porch in the shade on the side adjacent to the pool, and it works fine. By the way, at least a mini kitchen is in each unit, as well as a nice living room and dining room. In our bedroom, a one bedrm unit, was the only tv. They have larger units. Yes, there was cable tv. The hotel will arrange pick up at the airport. We pd the cab driver, but it can be charged to the rm, we were told. Highly recommend the half day tour with Exuma Water sports. Where your bathing suit. It was about 5 hrs, you go several places, including snorkeling and to see swimming pigs. Full, ice cold cooler, including beer. Be sure to order a homemade rum cake from Phillipa, the skipper's wife, for your stay. It's incredible. I'd call ahead and order one. She's a sweet, friendly lady, and her husband is very personable, helpful, and has great stories. Ignore going over to Chat and Chill; the food was terrible. Nowhere to take cover on that little island in a storm. If you're fit and used to walking a lot, you can walk to town, or take the shuttle with Terry.he's wonderful, will drop you where you want to go, the little town is wonderful. The owner/mgr of the Hideaways built it, and his wife runs the only vet clinic on the island. Sit and talk with the owner, Avery interests, nice guy and a boat capt himself. Perfect place for kids, and you have the whole beach to yourself. Nice pool, and the beach is a min or 2 from your rooms. You're on the beach. Very quiet at nt. I'd never choose Sandals over this place. This is the old Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beachfront villas & cottages are available in either studio, 1 or 2 bedroom plans and offer full kitchens or kitchenettes. Decorated and designed with tropical charm, amenities include air conditioning, ceiling fans, private bathrooms, televisions, wireless internet access, full service business center including guest computers. Hideaways Exuma is the ideal location for your romantic getaway or family vacation. Weekly rates are available in our hillside villas and studio rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Vacatia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma