We stayed in No. 4 for five nts. You could hear the ocean at night, and a lovely kitty adopted me for the entire stay. There was a huge blow-out party at a restaurant at the next property on Fri night. I could hear and enjoy the music, and followed a path to get closer to watch the revelry, but when you're in your little cabin, you don't hear anything to keep you from sleeping. We both slept like logs. Please eat at Splah, the restaurant/bar. The staff is wonderful, the conch fritters are the best we've eaten anywhere in the Caribbean, and the fresh fish, both the sandwiches and the plates, is just wonderful. The Ciabatta bread seems to be homemade. The only thing we were surprised at is the Goffen was just average. WiFi works well, and even if the ofc area is not open yet, sit on the porch in the shade on the side adjacent to the pool, and it works fine. By the way, at least a mini kitchen is in each unit, as well as a nice living room and dining room. In our bedroom, a one bedrm unit, was the only tv. They have larger units. Yes, there was cable tv. The hotel will arrange pick up at the airport. We pd the cab driver, but it can be charged to the rm, we were told. Highly recommend the half day tour with Exuma Water sports. Where your bathing suit. It was about 5 hrs, you go several places, including snorkeling and to see swimming pigs. Full, ice cold cooler, including beer. Be sure to order a homemade rum cake from Phillipa, the skipper's wife, for your stay. It's incredible. I'd call ahead and order one. She's a sweet, friendly lady, and her husband is very personable, helpful, and has great stories. Ignore going over to Chat and Chill; the food was terrible. Nowhere to take cover on that little island in a storm. If you're fit and used to walking a lot, you can walk to town, or take the shuttle with Terry.he's wonderful, will drop you where you want to go, the little town is wonderful. The owner/mgr of the Hideaways built it, and his wife runs the only vet clinic on the island. Sit and talk with the owner, Avery interests, nice guy and a boat capt himself. Perfect place for kids, and you have the whole beach to yourself. Nice pool, and the beach is a min or 2 from your rooms. You're on the beach. Very quiet at nt. I'd never choose Sandals over this place. This is the old Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are planning a trip to the Exumas, look no further than Hideaways at Palm Bay. Our beachfront resort offers you a variety of accommodations, ranging from studio, one & two bedroom cottages to one, two and three bedroom villas. We have it all for you here at Hideaways. Our casual, friendly, and peaceful resort offers you the opportunity to play in the sand on our private beach, or lounge by the pool with a drink in your hand from Splash!, the on site bar and grill. Hideaways was made for you, and our amenities and facilities were designed with you in mind. Offering in suite massage for pampering, complimentary water toys for entertainment, and gorgeous views for enjoying the sunset on our private patio, you will find Hideaways is filled ample opportunity for couples, families, and friends, all to have a great time away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma