My wife and I recently returned from our first trip to Exuma. We have travelled extensively throughout the Bahamas ,but never to Exuma. The accommodations at Palm Bay were very comfortable. We stayed in unit #25, a one bedroom villa near the small pool. Staff was very friendly and did their best to help with our stay. first morning , I forgot to take the breakfast chits down to "Splash" where breakfast was served-Anita, our server, immediately took care of it. thereby saving me a walk back to the room. There was a mix-up with a taxi driver who was supposed to take us and three other couples to Coco plum beach for the day-Latovia hopped on the phone and instantly got us another driver who was getting his vehicle serviced, in a very comfortable Lincoln Navigator! We rented a car for two days and toured the island, everyone was friendly and helpful (had to stop and ask for directions several times) We stopped at Santanas in Williams Town for lunch ,but they were very busy so we backtracked about a mile to a new fish stand that had opened in January, our meal was excellent. We split a grilled lobster tail that was too large for us to finish, and the diver who caught it was having a drink there so I asked him how long ago did he catch them. My lobster had been caught two hours ago. The chef at this little stand had just graduated from the Cordon Blue culinary institute in Miami. We did the tour with Coastline adventures, Captain Bob Smith, highly recommended. All in all a wonderful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are planning a trip to the Exumas, look no further than Hideaways at Palm Bay. Our beachfront resort offers you a variety of accommodations, ranging from studio, one & two bedroom cottages to one, two and three bedroom villas. We have it all for you here at Hideaways. Our casual, friendly, and peaceful resort offers you the opportunity to play in the sand on our private beach, or lounge by the pool with a drink in your hand from Splash!, the on site bar and grill. Hideaways was made for you, and our amenities and facilities were designed with you in mind. Offering in suite massage for pampering, complimentary water toys for entertainment, and gorgeous views for enjoying the sunset on our private patio, you will find Hideaways is filled ample opportunity for couples, families, and friends, all to have a great time away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma