My wife and I just returned from a week stay at the Hideaways at Palm Bay. We had an ocean front villa and enjoyed the premises and staff. Everyone was very helpful and nice (especially Latovia at the front desk). We also met the owner who was on site and he was very accommodating. They make you feel as if you have known them for years.
The hotel grounds are well kept and our room was very clean and large. We had no issues with the room or the grounds at all and would highly recommend this place.
The on-site restaurant/bar called, “The Splash” was great. We found the food great and Pablo the cook is extremely friendly! Be aware, the hamburgers here are HUGE!
If you can swing it, I would suggest getting an ocean front/view villa. They are literally feet away from the beach. Otherwise, the other rooms are across the street from the main part of the hotel.
The hotel provides free shuttle service (on a schedule) around town which was a nice. The hotel is also directly across the street from Thompson’s Car Rentals which made this very convenient. All in all, we found this place to be centrally located pretty much in the middle of it all. The famous “Fish Fry” shacks are within a 10 minute walk and you also have a couple of other great restaurant choices next door as well (We loved Latitudes).
All in all we loved this place and wouldn’t hesitate to go back. If I had to give any constructive criticism I would ask to clarify about the “free continental breakfast”. We found they charged us a $20 a day fee for this at final bill time. The continental breakfast in our opinion was not worth that (coffee, yogurt, a couple pieces of fruit, and bread). Had we known it wasn’t free, we would have asked to opt out of the “breakfast plan” as indicated on our bill.
But again, not to end on a low note, this is a fabulous centrally located place that is packed full of friendly staff and immaculate grounds! Still gets an “A” grade in our book and we won't hesitate to come back and stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are planning a trip to the Exumas, look no further than Hideaways at Palm Bay. Our beachfront resort offers you a variety of accommodations, ranging from studio, one & two bedroom cottages to one, two and three bedroom villas. We have it all for you here at Hideaways. Our casual, friendly, and peaceful resort offers you the opportunity to play in the sand on our private beach, or lounge by the pool with a drink in your hand from Splash!, the on site bar and grill. Hideaways was made for you, and our amenities and facilities were designed with you in mind. Offering in suite massage for pampering, complimentary water toys for entertainment, and gorgeous views for enjoying the sunset on our private patio, you will find Hideaways is filled ample opportunity for couples, families, and friends, all to have a great time away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma