We just arrived home from our third stay at Palm Bay in less than three years. As always, our stay was relaxing and stress free. Waking up each morning to the crystal clear waters of Elizabeth Harbor and the lush green of the tropical landscapes around the villas, with a cup of fresh coffee brewed in my own kitchen... Who could ask for more?
It has been so wonderful to watch the resort grow and mature with each new visit. There are some wonderful improvements in the past 9 months since our last visit... The beach was the first and most noticeable change. With the tropical storm that just passed through, it changed the shoreline somewhat and offered a wonderful opportunity for Palm Bay to increase the size of their beach without disturbing the natural environment around the resort and in the bay. There is now a tractor that turns the sand daily to clean and maintain the beach, and keep the sand flies from hatching. The pool/ beach entrance has been moved in order to stop the sand blowing up into the pool area, so the pool is crystal clear now. There is now wireless internet throughout the resort, although taking a computer was absolutely out of the question for me, I was going there to free myself of everything stressful! On the two occasions I wished to use the computer the new computer alcove in the main lobby served my needs more than adequately. The front desk will now arrange various water activities, one being a water shuttle over to Stocking Island, a very convenient and inexpensive service that we took advantage of on our last day there.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit once again, and found it was impeccably clean, well stocked and the maid service was wonderful. They even washed our dishes when I left breakfast bowls in the sink as we were in a rush to get out diving. The professionalism exhibited by the staff and management of Palm Bay is equal or superior to any I have experienced elsewhere on Exuma.
I cant say enough about how wonderfully peaceful and unstressed our time on Exuma is. Thank You to Ron and Bette, Wade and Bev. They have made it possible for us to find the place where "heaven meets earth" and begin our own island dreams of building a home there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are planning a trip to the Exumas, look no further than Hideaways at Palm Bay. Our beachfront resort offers you a variety of accommodations, ranging from studio, one & two bedroom cottages to one, two and three bedroom villas. We have it all for you here at Hideaways. Our casual, friendly, and peaceful resort offers you the opportunity to play in the sand on our private beach, or lounge by the pool with a drink in your hand from Splash!, the on site bar and grill. Hideaways was made for you, and our amenities and facilities were designed with you in mind. Offering in suite massage for pampering, complimentary water toys for entertainment, and gorgeous views for enjoying the sunset on our private patio, you will find Hideaways is filled ample opportunity for couples, families, and friends, all to have a great time away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma