“Fantastic”

Ranked #3 of 3 Johnston B&B and Inns
Pembrokeshire
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been twice for food now and I have to say it was fantastic. The presentation of the food, the taste and the efficient friendly service is first class. Well worth a visit. Excellent value for money. I just need an excuse now to go again.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wales, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

A lovely restuarant with a young chef working hard to produce stunning food a real treat for us the lamb is beautiful the lady on the reception is wonderful overall a must for anybody looking for a fine dining experience in pembrokeshire

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Keelybrooke8
Wales
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am a local resident in Pembrokeshire and I always struggle to find a good restaurant. I enjoyed a three course Christmas meal here and it was exceptional. All three dishes were homemade and faultless. I will be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I had to come to Haverfordwest with price being an issue this was the cheapest in the area. With this in mind we were not expecting 5* accommodation however it was clean and the staff very friendly. We had a couple of minor issues such as heating but any problems we did have were sorted straight away. At the time there was extensive work being carried out in the restaurant so we did not eat there and to be honest would have never given it a try if it wasn't for some friends also staying there later on in the year. They too had booked searching for the cheapest place they could find and after a long drive didn't want to go far from their room. The restaurant decor is nothing to sing about however it is clean with some nice touches. I was expecting some nice home cooked "pub grub" and would have been more than happy with that but was extremely surprised as it was superb. Presented beautifully and with a taste to match. Not a huge menu which I think is a good sign as a few dishes cooked well is better than a large menu cooked average. Not one person on the table of 6 was disappointed. The menu was priced similar to what you would get in a typical Wetherspoons but the presentation and taste was far from it. I am looking forward to going again with friends and hopes it lives up to the high bench mark the restaurant has set.

To summarize, if you are looking for a room that is purely a place to sleep with budget in mind then you can not go wrong. The restaurant is the big sell for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher L
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Silverdale Inn in Johnstone, Haverfordwest is a small family run concern, the room we had was the Family room, bunkbeds for the grandchildren and double bed for us, which was a pleasant change as normally we get single beds. The room was adequate and comfy with tea/coffee making facilities en suite bathroom and Television which the children found great whilst waiting for nanny and granddad. We thought we had booked bed and breakfast, on later inspection we had not, so please double check when you book. Breakfast consists of a full English, but they will do other meals if you ask it, cereal for the one grandaughter, bacon sandwich for the other and toast for me you just might mention you don't have the full breakfast as you will get charged for it unless as I say you mention otherwise, it is then amended no problem, my grandchildren were impressed at the layout of the tables and the view from the windows, they could see rabbits having their breakfast as well. The owner was a really pleasant chatty man who came round constantly asking if everything was allright and if we wanted anything extra. The only thing that lets this lovely Motel down is its outward appearance and driveway, it could do with a fresh lick of paint and the potholes filling in, both of which Bronwen on reception said were going to be done soon. this motel is in a really good situation about 25 mins from Saunderfoot, 30/35mins from Tenby and 15 mins from Broadhaven Sands, so it's a bargain and a pleasure to stay in, I hope it doesn't put it's prices up and spoil itself. I would stay there again no problem

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Staying for 2 nights, room comfortable, clean with excellent view of the garden (lots of wildlife and a kestrel killing a pigeon) Warm welcome on arrival easy to find. Booked a table in the restaurant for the evening, not much to see and do around Johnston but worth the journey and a stay if only for the food! Has to be one of the best meals ever, superb quality, presentation and service,don't disregard this place because of the budget price and location, if you love quality food you MUST visit here. I'm going to be sorry for posting this review because this place well and truly deserves the highest recognition, and I'm not going to be able to get a table! SUPERB

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank AndreaW63
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Having stayed at The Silverdale Inn and Lodge last week whilst my partner was in Hospital at Withybush , i would just like to say that we were made so welcome , the staff were most helpfull and friendly , Kristian`s food was excellent , all homemade ,and great value too .
The room was welcoming , comfortable , clean and spacious with ample free parking outside the door , plenty of space outside with picnic benches and sun loungers outside .
Werner was very accommodating and flexible as to the length of our stay as we were unsure of when we would be returning home depending on my patners progress following his surgery he even offered me a checkout time of upto 4pm on our day of departure . When settling our bill i was amazed at the value for money , will definately stay again , thank you for your kindness and hospitality !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lizajack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnston
Cleddau Bridge Hotel
Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant
Welcome Traveller Inn
Welcome Traveller Inn
#25 of 45 in Haverfordwest

Been to Silverdale Inn & Lodge? Share your experiences!