1,684 results
All reviews spa break q hotels stretton fox spa staff relaxation room lounge bar light lunch ceiling fan good size restaurant manager evening meal leisure facilities night break lovely hotel spa area local pub birthday treat
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed many times and again specifically asked when booking for a quiet room not near the noisy gym/studio and with no aircon fans outside. Room allocated over the studio (could have joined in the class without leaving room) with dungeon like tiny windows at head height which had a view (and soundtrack) of the aircon and extract fans for the gym and studio!

Really couldn’t be bothered to go and ask to be changed as the lady that checked us in was arrogant bordering on rude when we first arrived, so decided she was unlikely to be helpful (and in fact had possibly allocated that very room to us on arrival).

Food in restaurant average and main ordered was not what arrived. Breakfast acceptable but could be better.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank iFeedback
Chris S, Operations Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear iFeedback,

I am really sorry that you were left disappointed by your room allocation.

We will always do everything we can to honour specific room requests regrettably this is not always possible. I apologise that this had an effect on your stay.

I am pleased to say that we have recently launched a new lounge and restaurant menu, which has received great feedback from our guests. I hope you will be back soon to try this.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

This was a lovely hotel to stay at. I got a breakfast and dinner included deal, and stayed for 2 nights. All the staff were lovely.

The restaurant serves delicious food, although I wouldn’t quite call it a la cart. The portions were very large... but I can not fault the chef, as the food was well made and delicious.

The rooms were serviced daily and the cleaning staff were very friendly (as you would expect of the north of England).

The gym was clean. I didn’t like that the cardio section was separate to the weights room, as I’m just not use to that. But the facilities had very modern facilities and machines. If I was local, I would take out a membership.

Overall I will be returning next year for my annual meeting.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Chris S, Operations Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Dear Kaya W,

Thank you for the great feedback.

I am delighted to hear you had a good stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again next year.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Lovely place, evening meal gorgeous drinks very expensive (take your own) . Spa treatments brilliant and rooms lovely x shops are quite a way off from the hotel none in walking distance.lunch time on arrival wasn’t great but edible

Stayed: August 2018

Dear ryryGarstang,

Many thanks for the positive feedback.

I am happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a stop on the way to Manchester. At a 30 minute drive from the hotel to Manchester, you can't really go wrong with the price.

We checked in and had a warm welcome, we paid for the stay up front and decided not to add a card to charge to. There was no obligation and we didn't feel pressured to either which makes a change. We checked in late at about 7pm.

One thing I had to say was that the bar was almost full on both nights. They host many events in the day and evening, while we were there there was a wedding anniversary party and a conference. We also found a large group had stayed with a coach holiday.

The room itself was lovely. Bathroom came equipped with a bath with overhead shower. The room and bathroom were spotless. We had a very spacious room (room 39) but we would not choose the same location again. We were on the ground floor leading to the spa and from early in the morning until the pool shut, we could hear people clear as anything through the door. Every word. It felt like the door was open! So if you're a light sleeper like myself, make sure not to book a ground floor room. This was the only problem we encountered!

The spa facilities are really nice. Quite a large pool, steam room (wasn't working though), Sauna and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was on the small side though and 4 was a squeeze. They had a tropical/cold shower. The spa was clean and not too busy. They sell swimsuits in the spa shop as well just in case you'd forgotten your swimsuit (like me).

There is a Tesco nearby and you're only 5 mins away by taxi to the town centre. We dined at Mr Laus which I highly recommend. We also used justeat at the hotel because we found the restaurant to be a bit too busy for our liking.

Breakfast was plentiful. The breakfast room is really busy but there's plenty to choose from. Full English, continental (pastry, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, toast, cold meats and cheeses etc). What we really enjoyed was the pancake machine! Press a button and in a minute 2 FRESH pancakes drop onto your plate! They were really fluffy and tasty.

The staff here are super accommodating. The hotel is spotless. Really good value for money! Would definitely stay if we were passing through or needed to go again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Angel L,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and surrounding areas.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Visited with my partner this weekend for our anniversary, we originally wanted to book the mere but it was unavailable, seeing the park royal had quite decent reviews we decided to give it a shot. Wish we hadn't! First off let me start by saying I'm no snob, I've had lovely stays in premier inn & horrible stays in 5* hotels. However I emailed upon booking to tell the hotel it was our anniversary and ask if we could pay for any additional perks (e.g. room upgrade, late checkout, chocolates in room etc) and received an email back confirming they were aware of our special day since no other information was added I guessed they would offer us any extras on arrival. Wrong! All I got at checkout was badgered to book in for their overpriced breakfast! (£16 Per peron) my partner was arriving later due to work and despite me struggling with 4 bags I wasn't offered any help or assistance just sent on my way. Room was disappointing, basically your average premier inn just with a massive headboard over the bed. Vile green carpet and curtains (green really?) And outdated oak furniture. The bed sheets were creased, the room was dusty, the bin was dirty and there were marks on the mirror and units. Small but clean bathroom however the bane of our stay has to be the psychotic shower. From ice cold to scalding hot and back again every 30 seconds to the point you couldn't have a shower.
There were nails and broken wood in the wardrobe and the housekeepers seemed to set up shop outside our room for about 6 hours at one point. Knocked 4 times to clean between 10-4 despite the do not disturb sign.
All in all the hotel isn't horrendous, just don't come here if your celebrating a special occasion like us, as the hotel do not go out of their way. My son was ill on the Sunday so I had to collect him and i brought him to the hotel, the staff didn't bat an eyelid in fact I don't think they even noticed and that just says it all really doesn't it, they aren't even interested who is coming and going. No attention to detail & no interest in the guests, I wasn't even asked how my stay was on checkout or at any point during the stay. In fact I don't think one person even spoke to us the whole time we were there. Which is sad considering I had emailed prior to confirm we were celebrating in their hotel. At one point our key stopped working and I had to stand at reception with multiple bags and my son who was unwell for at least 20 minutes whilst two staff faffed about behind the desk. One was checking guests in which is fair enough but the other was just using the phone, I could hear her speaking to someone about a free room upgrade so not exactly life or death, Working in hospitality you would think attending to guests with small children stood waiting right in front of you for long periods of time comes before a phone call. Or even a simple " sorry about your wait I'll be with you in a minute"
Like I said don't waste your money, we would have had the same experience in a premier inn only we wouldn't have been overcharged for the privilege.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Explorer815600,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at The Park Royal.

I would like to assure you that it is our goal to ensure that we go above and beyond in our attempts to exceed the expectations of all our guests and I can only apologise that we have failed to do so for you on this occasion.

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch.