The Park Royal
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$42
Travelodge
    Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
    $96
    PremierInn.com
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    1,593 results
    All reviewsspa breakq hotelsstretton foxspa staffrelaxation roomlounge barlight lunchgood sizerestaurant managerceiling fanleisure facilitiesnight breakevening meallocal pubsauna and steam roomspa arealovely hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 14, 2008

I have to start this review by stating that we had the £49 internet saver rate, so my expectations weren't exactly sky high. That said, there's nothing too wrong with this place. The public areas are clean and tidy and our room had been recently overhauled giving a standard of accommodation beyond the price level.

It wasn't perfect however, as our (admittedly cheap) room looked out over the bins and the ceiling fan over the bed was woefully inadequate in the task of cooling a typically overheated British hotel room and the two solitary pillows were about as thickly padded as a supermodels elbow. A call to reception to get some more went unanswered.

If I stayed here again I'd probably be looking for a room with air conditioning but overall an unremarkable stay, and when you consider how many poor hotels there are, that's a compliment!

Stayed: September 2008
    1  Thank biglad1975
    Reviewed September 7, 2008

Stayed at the Park Royal at the end of August. Nice surroundings! However it is a bit of a distance to the town centre. Taxis cost around £10-15 to Warrington.

On arrival, the reception staff was very friendly and attentive. The room and bathroom were very clean. However the bed was uncomfortable. The ceiling fan was noisy and had one speed which was very fast!!

As good as the reception staff were, they forgot to send me my requested newspaper on one day (however charged for it!) and also did not call me for my wake up call which I requested at the front desk.

Breakfast was good and the selection was great (both hot and cold food). However the restaurant was very disappointing, especially when you pay the prices they charged. The food was either too dry or tasteless.

However on the whole it was an okay stay. It is not the best 4 star hotel I have stayed in but there is not much choice in Warrington.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    1  Thank Travel_Hopper2007
    Reviewed August 4, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend break for her birthday and it really was one to remember for all the right reasons. The food on both nights was fantastic and on the second day which was my wife's birthday a friend had arranged for the hotel to have a cake and flowers put in the room which was a nice surprise for her, what made it even more special though was the fact that when we bought drinks at the bar, the barman wished her happy birthday as did the housekeeper we saw in the corridor. Really good attention to detail, great facilities and superb food, a real treat !

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
      • Check in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    1  Thank NewburySteve
    Reviewed August 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel and enjoyed my stay.

The staff were helpful and polite, the room it's self was above standard and spacious. the only problems I had were the lack of cable channels, and activitys to do outside the gym/spa/sauna.

The public transport to and from the hotel is bad the buses averaging 1 perhour (£1.90 oneway) and NO sunday service.
    If you don't drive then you will have a problem getting to the city center (taxi is £10.00).

The resturant was ok the food was very expensive but the drinks menu was extensive. the desert menu could have been more developed.

There are 3 pubs within the hotel all within 5 mins walk the staff will show you they way if asked.

overall this was a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
      • Check in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    1  Thank Allan D
    Reviewed June 10, 2008

Had a two night weekend stay at Park Royal while attending a family function nearby. Without doubt this is one of the best hotels we have ever visited. Our room was large, clean and luxuriously appointed. As it was a busy time at the hotel with four wedding receptions, we asked for and were given a room in a quiet location where we were not disturbed by noise, etc. All members of staff we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. Hot buffet breakfasts were very good with a wide choice of hot and cold meals. We did not take advantage of the leisure facilities but they looked to be very good.

Overall, a very pleasant experience and we would not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple