“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stretton
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Just attended a business conference at the hotel and was very impressed with the organisation and service provided. All of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful without exception and make you feel very welcome from when you walk through the door. The rooms are very comfortable and the food was excellent. Shame I did not get the opportunity to use the pool or the sports facilities, but I look forward to doing so on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Kim S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time and hopefully on your next visit you will have the time to enjoy our leisure and spa facilities. I am very proud of my staff and I am glad the made you feel extremely welcomed from start to finish.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Sandbach, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you need to escape the kids somewhere not too far, yet a world away - this is the place to visit.
All of the staff here are great, they are all friendly and will go out of their way to help you.
The Spa....what can i say.....i am now addicted to it, and feel the need to return as much as possible!
The ambiance is soooo relaxing, and their treatments are completed professionally and leave you feeling completely relaxed ( until you get back to the kids anyway...)
Their prices are quite competitive too, and you get the use of the leisure facilities if staying or with spa deals.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Michelle H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review after your recent visit. I am really pleased that our Spa exceeded your expectations and you had such a relaxing experience.
I hope we will see you again very soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I took advantage of the Sunday night stay offer for our 2 year anniversary. We were welcomed by friendly staff and a great first impression. Our room was lovely. Very clean and just what we would hope for. We were at the back of the hotel which was very quiet. We went to use the pool, jacuzzi and steam room which was all included in our deal which was great. Lovely and relaxing!!! Our stay got even better when we went for our evening meal in the hotels restaurant. The food was out of this world and we were left wanting more. Overall we were more than impressed with our stay and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear BarneyBear13,
I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to make use of all of the hotel facilities and found the whole stay relaxing.
We hope you will be able to come back soon.
Rossendale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

From the moment we arrived we were very impressed. The receptionist was very helpful and we were allocated a Q room complete with small complimentary minibar and Dressing Gowns as well as of course a very large comfortable bed and all other usual amenities.
We had lunch each day and of course breakfast both of which were excellent. On the Saturday we had a Gala dinner for 180 people with cocktails and canapes then an excellent banquet where the food and service were exceptional. The whole weekend was almost faultless. I even managed to try the pool, steam room and jacuzzi again they were all superb.
Needless to say we will be back again next year

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bigjohn55,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following on from your weekend with us. I am delighted you found the hotel and services exceptional. Its nice to hear that you found time to enjoy all our facilities during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again too.
Swadlincote, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

the hotel sounds great but unfortunately i will not be getting a chance to stay in the hotel. i tried to book one of their offers online where you get a 2night deal during the school holidays at a good rate including breakfast. when it came to booking it online no problem i had the room i wanted clicked to pay, i had problems with my card so rang up to pay, got put on hold for a good few minutes then when answered i asked to pay for my room and got told the room wasnt there and the deal no longer stood. i rang and made a complaint that within a matter of a few minutes the room i had booked and just needed to pay for i could no longer have unless i wished to pay almost double the price. how this is fair i have no idea, i knew the offer i knew the price i knew the deal i wasnt making it, i booked the room just needed to pay but was being told can no longer have the room and that rate as there like an airline rates change all the time, its ridiculous and a very stupid system if thats the case. i really cant believe how unhelpful to the situation they are and how gutted i am.

Room Tip: choose the higher rate of payment because you will properly have to pay that in the end anyway as th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank conway1992
PGallon_General_Mgr, Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Conway1992, I am dissapointed to ready your review and would like the oppurtunity to investigate your comments however without any specific details I am unable to look in to this.
Could I ask that you contact me directly so we can discuss this further.
Anne Parfitt
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here for two nights last weekend with my 5 year old son and we had a fantastic time. The one thing that really stands out about this hotel is how friendly and welcoming the staff are. I especially notice this as a lone traveler with a child. The reception staff were always friendly and talkative and not robotic like you get in other hotels - this makes such a difference to your experience in a hotel. The bar and restaurant staff were really good with my son and always acknowledged him. On our last night, one of the restaurant staff came and sat with us while we waited for our food and had a lovely chat with my little boy about his day.

The room was perfect. We had a family room with an extra bed set up for my son. It was spacious, clean, well lit and came with plenty of towels and toiletries. The beds are also very comfortable.

The spa facilities were great. There is a very large pool, with a sauna and steam room as well. The Jacuzzi was small and I can imagine this might cause a few problems in busy times but it wasn't busy when we went so it was fine. There is also a family changing room that is handy, especially as it opens straight to the poolside.

The food is superb at this hotel. I stayed two nights on the dinner, bed and breakfast rate and the food did not disappoint. Dinner on both nights was excellent and I was able to try a variety of things as I stayed 2 nights - but I do recommend the burger. My son had the salmon fillet off the children's menu and it was cooked perfectly. Breakfast was lovely, with a choice of how you want your eggs and there is lots of choice from the buffet with pastries, cereals and fruit as well as the "fry up" option.

Overall, this was a brilliant weekend break and I cannot wait to stay again.

If you are looking for things to do in the area, we went to Cheshire Oaks which was a 20 minute drive away. There is an aquarium there and lots of shopping and Chester Zoo is just a bit further on than that.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel and I heard one couple moaning about how far away they were so maybe ask for roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Lucy B, Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel following on from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you and your son had a great time and that the staff, food and facilities all exceeded your expectations. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Norfolk, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Only stayed on an overnight and sadly did not take in the pool and spa facilities as I usually do. The room was comfortable, the bar area was relaxing and had an area to watch tv and area to relax more peacefully. The food was ok usual hotel fayre and prices! The grounds were very good and there was a really nice pub down the way called the stretton fox which I fully recommend. Staff were very good. All in all this is nearly up there with the best Q we have stayed in which is the one in scotland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear rustymonkey, I really apreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback following on from your stay. I am delighted that you found the hotel facilities suited to your needs and hopefully next time you stay you will be able to enjoy the pool and spa facilities too.
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stretton
Crewe Hall
Village Hotel Warrington
Village Hotel Warrington
#11 of 21 in Warrington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,508 reviews

Been to The Park Royal? Share your experiences!