The Park Royal
The Partridge(Stretton)
$110
Premier Inn Warrington South Hotel(Stretton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Hallmark Hotel Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$128
$59
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

$54
Travelodge Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$40
Travelodge
    Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $48/night.

Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
    $89
    PremierInn.com
    Hotels.com
    1,621 results
    All reviewsspa breakq hotelsstretton foxspa staffrelaxation roomlounge barlight lunchfood was lovelygood sizerestaurant managerceiling fannight breakleisure facilitiesevening mealspa arealocal publovely hotel
    Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to catch the ferry from Liverpool to the IOM. When Reception pointed downstairs to the basement we were very nervous as we had booked a Friday night special which included breakfast and an evening meal and thought our rooms might be windowless little cells. However we were relieved when we saw the rooms with were just fine - they were quite spacious complete with windows and most importantly very clean. There was not a lift so if you are not good with stairs point this out when you book. Included in our deal was an evening meal (we were given £26.00 off the menu) which was just fine. The food was really good and enjoyed by everyone, you could get a three course meal for the allowance so it was very fair. Breakfast was very good and enjoyable. Would recommend this hotel and especially the Friday night special deal which was very good indeed.

Room Tip: Don't take a basement room if you have mobility problems.
    1  Thank LandPLondon
    PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear LandPLondon

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your Friday night stay with us here at The Park Royal. It would seem from your review that the hotel met with your expectations and more. We have lots of offers throughout the year that you can view on the QHotels website that may be of interest to you in the future. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was one of a group of girls who came on an overnight spa break - everything was excellent, food rooms & staff - great value, our only disappointment was the condition of the tennis courts. However, it wouldn't put us off returning.

Dear Sawitbookedit

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your spa day at The Park Royal Hotel. We are delighted that you all enjoyed your overnight break and thank you for such positive feedback regarding our staff, food and service. We have taken your comments on board regarding the tennis courts and these have been passed to our Leisure Club manager. We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked this hotel as a birthday surprise for my husband. We booked a spa overnight stay which was fairly expensive, but I wanted to treat hubby as this was the first time we had been away without the children for some time!!!

We booked an overnight stay with dinner, bed and breakfast in a deluxe room with lunch and two 30 minute spa treatments each... the expectations were fairly high and we were really looking forward to the trip.

We arrived at 2.15 as the spa treatments were booked at for 3pm, we were told we were unable to check in yet, but we would have a preliminary check in and could check in later. The reason given for being unable to check in was that we had been allocated a room and because we had pink fizz in the room, we couldn't change! This was a surprise for my husbands birthday, but didn't stay a surprise for long! We were able to leave our bag at reception and were shown how to get to the spa. We turned up at the leisure area with out outdoor coats on, two sports bags and a handbag into an area where people were relaxing in dressing gowns!

The lady in the spa was extremely welcoming and offered us towels and a dressing gown and stating we had some time, gave us a guided tour and asked us to come back 5 minutes before the treatment to complete the paperwork, she confirmed we were too late for lunch but she would book us in for tomorrow.

My first spa treatment was classed as a mini pedicure, this is misleading it is a file and polish, the consultant was so fast, I felt so rushed it took between 10 and 15 minutes for her to swiftly file a couple of toenails and add polish, whilst the polish was being added a moth was flying around the consultant room and she was talking to another consultant confirming that she was swopping her clients for the next appointment - needless to say I didn't feel very relaxed. My husband however had a great experience and enjoyed his massage - although he did say it a medium massage was a bit sore!!

Following my toe nails drying I visited the pool area, and the sauna and steam room, the sauna and steam rooms were good but I wished I had waited to visit these until after swimming, the swimming pool was a nightmare there were unsupervised children everywhere and I could not do any lengths of the pool, some parents were in the jacuzi whilst there children were playing all over the pool. I feel it would have been helpful to know that the pool would be busy with children after 4 o clock, as we would have rearranged the organisation of the afternoon, it would have also been helpful to have a laned off area for lane swimming.

There was only shower gel in the showers, and upon exiting all the hair dryers were being used by children!

Wet and not entirely relaxed we went to check in again! We waited in a queue and a coachload of elderly visitors had been provided with menus, so they were tooing and froing to the reception whilst we waited to check in. We were provided with the key, and retrieved our bags but weren't told where the room was or what times breakfast was served at.

Going up to our room, we had a fair walk to room 165 back over to where the spa was, we got into the deluxe room, which was nice, everything was decorated to a good standard, the bathroom looked really good, but it wasn't that spacious. We did however have a free mini bar as part of the deluxe package which included a bottle of water, glass bottle of diet coke, bottle of beer and small bottle of chardonnay. The bathroom as mentioned was decorated really well, but the shower was over the bath and the handle/soap dish was put in such a place that when standing in the shower you could either touch the handle or the shower curtain with your hip, or stand in a strange position, this was a bit odd.

Next experience was dinner, all dressed up we went down to the restaurant sat at a table, and although we were asked if the table was ok, all the 2 person tables were in a row design so that your conversation could be heard by the table next to you, we were informed that we could have £26 to spend from the menu as part of our package although drinks could not be included. The menu had a very varied choice and the options were very good.

We decided on houmous with pitta and garlic ciabatta appetisers and rib eye steaks for the main course, the houmous was really creamy but the pittas were sweet, the ciabiatta had been dipped into balsamic vinegar so we didn't really eat either of the appetisers, but as we were saving ourselves for the main courses decided to carry on, the steak arrived after a short delay whilst the couple next to us who had arrived later than us received their appetisers and main course.

The steaks looked really good as did the accompaniments, but after biting into the steaks they were streaked with big fatty strips, upon completing the meal (minus all the fat) we commented to the waiter about the fat, and his reply was "well you did order rib eye, it is a fatty steak" the menu comments on its sourcing of steaks from Wales so we were expecting better.

We retired to bed about 10p, and were fairly disappointed but still looking forward to tomorrow. Once settled for the evening, we could hear children/teenagers running up and down the corridor and shouting, this continued till after 11pm!! Finally quiet ensued and we went to sleep, about 2 in the morning, something woke me and I went into the bathroom, upon turning on the bathroom lights all the lights popped and went out!!!!! Due to the black out curtains it was pitch black, I found the key on the side and walked all the way back down to reception, the gentleman on reception confirmed this does happen, I said I had stayed in plenty of hotels and never known this before, and it didn't help with the noisy children earlier in the night, he confirmed security had been called to sort them out - he thought they had too much red bull! He asked why I didn't call down to reception and I confirmed I couldn't see the phone in the room.

The lights came on after some fiddling around but by this time my husband was wide awake too!

Finally we went back to sleep, upon waking in the morning I went to open the curtains and saw lots of cars in the car park with people going to the gym, it felt like they could see directly into the room!!

Breakfast was really good, I ordered poached eggs and my husband ordered the omelette and they came quickly and were really tasty, all in all breakfast was very very good.

Check out however was not, we paid the additional fees for the dinner taking the bill for the overnight stay to over £250! We asked if we could provide comments, to which the receptionist confirmed a survey would be sent out to us, but she said is there anything we would like to say, I confirmed regarding the lack of sleep and the circumstances, she did apologise but said fill it in the questionnaire.

We then had to pack everything into the car, before going back to the spa for our further treatments, the spa area was very busy with lots of day spa treatments being had but the treatments today felt a lot more relaxing, Samantha who carried out my facial was brilliant, it appeared she had all the time in the world. Thank you Samantha, we decided not to go into the pool area as it again had a lot of children in it.

We did however get our lunch today, and it was very pleasant.

All in all the stay (taking in all the ups and downs) was ok, apart from the lack of sleep but it wasn't worth the money we spent on it.

Room Tip: Don't bother upgrading the rooms appear to be the same standard, and the room we were in faced the car park!
    • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
    PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review of your stay and spa day at The Park Royal hotel. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay despite there being a few issues. We have taken your comments on board and these will be used to improve for future guests. I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Park Royal in the future and thank you for your constructive feedback. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I took my friend to the Park Royal on a Living Social voucher to introduce her to spa days.
    I realise we were not exactly "paying guests" but surely part of the object of these vouchers is to encourage business by giving a taster.
    The offer included a drink and a pastry so after having driven a long way I asked for these when we arrived.When I returned to the table there was the coffee and a plain croissant............not even butter or jam with it, not the sort of pastry I had in mind. If I had been at the table when it arrived I would have commented to staff but obviously my friend did not know what to expect and I didn't want to cause embarrassment by going back to the counter.
    We were pointed in the direction of the changing rooms and we ended up in a small room with a few lockers,we later realised this was disabled changing and the actual changing room was quite a distance up a long slippy floored corridor.Didn't notice any signs. There was a handrail luckily.
    The pool looked nice and inviting nice and warm so we went in for a gentle swim across the width,only to find it impossible because of the number of marathon swimmers ploughing up and down. It would have helped if there had been a roped off area so that both could enjoy the pool at the same time.We also noticed there were no bars around around the sides to hold on to if you needed a rest.

So we went into the jaccuzzi, ......because the bubbles came from the bottom of the pool it was impossible to see were you were putting your feet so we edged in very carefully hanging on to the handrail. The pool was nice but after a few minutes both of us found that our eyes were stinging so much we had to get out.......some chemical in the water? I've never experienced that in a jacuzzi before.
    In the changing room my friend was in the next shower, she was asking me how to operate it......turned out there was no handle on it. !
    I know the hotel has lots of good reviews but our experience left us feeling very dsappointed.

Dear mareliz65

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your spa day at The Park Royal Hotel. I am disappointed to read that the day didn't meet with your expectations. As you will see from other reviews your experience isn't indicative of the high standards that we offer her at the hotel. Your comments have been taken on board and will be used to improve for future guests. I do hope your experience hasn't put you off using ourselves for any other Q hotel in the future and please contact me directly should you wish to discuss the matter further.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

James' conferencing team are 'slicker than a bald tyre on wet ash felt' !! Seriously good. Their attention to detail, pro-activity, consistent availability, professionalism and service ethic were inspiring. I run hundreds of conferences around the world and these guys are up there with the very best.

• Stayed: September 2013
    PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Rob-GreatBritain

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our conference facilities here at The Park Royal Hotel. We are delighted that we have delivered first class customer service, your comments are testament to the reason that so many of our guests return time and time again. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Royal in the near future.