My adult son and I visited the spa on Monday 20th May for a chill-out day to celebrate my birthday and the spa did not disappoint. The lovely Rachel greeted us in reception and took us through the options for our day before showing us around the facilities. Lunch was also included and for this we were taken to the restaurant to choose from the buffet, which was pleasant, and also given a glass of bubbly.
In addition to those in the spa, the leisure facilities available on the day were: pool, hot tub, heated loungers, gym and steam room. There was an aqua fit class running in the pool between 1:30pm and 3pm, so the pool was out of use at that time, although we had been told that a section would be available to continue to swim in. I did join in with some of this, as the activity meant no quiet relaxation was possible around the pool during it. I guess we could have gone back to the relaxation room at reception, but that has chairs rather than loungers. The magazines in the relaxation room consisted of magazines relating to the Spa trade however, so if you do plan to read make sure you take your own material!
Unfortunately the sauna was taken out of use in the late morning and the ice fountain did not work, so we were unable to sample these.
In terms of the massages we booked, these we undertaken in a double treatment room on the first floor. The atmosphere in the room was relaxing, however the fan over my bed was intrusively loud. We opted for full-body massages and scalp massages each. The full body was great, but my scalp massage concentrated on my face and forehead rather than my scalp, which was disappointing. No faulting the overall sense of peace and well-being though and the oils were lovely: aromatic and not greasy.
All-in-all we had a great day and would recommend it to others, just a few niggles that I'd like to think would be sorted out before we booked again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Royal, set in beautiful Cheshire Countryside yet easily accessible to motorway links, is the ideal location for a leisurely weekend or business trip. Ideally located to visit many of the North West attractions, or as a stop over on your way to the North or South. Our friendly team will ensure that you stay is everything you are looking for, our team of Chefs will provide excellent quisine and our spa therapists can pamper you to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Park Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Royal Hotel Stretton
- Park Royal Warrington
- Hotel Park Royal
- Park Royal Hotel Warrington
- The Park Royal Warrington/Stretton, UK