“Wonderful weekend break”
Review of The Park Royal

The Park Royal
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stretton
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have just had a 2 night break at this hotel and it is the second time we have a stayed here. The bedroom has all you could want, though a free safe in the room might help whilst you are enjoying the excellent swimming pool and spa. I know there are lockers at the spa (£1 refunded) but do you want to leave your wallet, watches etc. there.
We were on a one free dinner deal on the first night and arrived after having a large lunch and it was no problem as the hotel allowed us to have our dinner on the second night. This was a Saturday night and the place was packed with a wedding and three large parties but the staff managed wonderfully and we only had a short wait for our meal. The only problem with the meal was my wife required a steak knife to cut up the duck but it was very tasty if a bit tough. We both enjoyed the treacle tart and clotted cream sweet course and as I said before the restaurant staff worked very hard to keep everybody happy.
The hotel is well situated in a quiet area but very close to a motorway junction. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear GarryFK,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review following your recent return visit. We’re delighted to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful stay and enjoyed a delicious meal in our Topiary restaurant. We’re glad our staff looked after you well and that you made full use of our extensive facilities.

As regular visitors, you may be interested in joining our Breakaway Club, which entitles members to exclusive deals and discount at all the QHotels. Please see our website for further details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Royal hotel again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have stayed here on three separate occasions during 2012 for business. A very friendly hotel that has a restaurant that provides excellent food. Rooms very good and comfortable, plenty of parking and good gym.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DAP893

Dear DAP893,

Firstly, thank you for your continuing to choose the Park Royal – your loyal and frequent business is greatly appreciated! Feedback from regular guests is vital to ensure we are consistently maintaining our high standards and we’re pleased to hear that the excellent levels of quality and service you received on your previous visits has been upheld.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your next visit if you have any requirements or requests that would further enhance the comfort and convenience of your stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having been a member of the Health Club for many years, I'd never actually took advantage of the Health Spa. However over the last few months the Park Royal has been offering some great deals on certain Spa treatments. I decided to take the plunge and go for a Reflexology treatment. I was fortunate enough to be treated by Jessica. She was highly courteous, professional and very knowledgeable on the subject. The feedback was excellent and I went on to have a course of six treatment sessions and a number of massages too. I can highly recommend The Spa and all the staff. The facilities are second to none.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Nick166,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our Spa – we’re delighted that our fantastic deals allowed you to try some treatments that you might not have experienced otherwise. We’re thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed the Reflexology and the massages and hope that you continue to take advantage of the brilliant deals on offer and make your way through the extensive list of treatments available! Your kind comments regarding Jessica and the other members of staff are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the team.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spa again soon! Thank you again for your fantastic review.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed there to attend a work conference and evening social.
I had never heard of the hotel before and was surprised with the location and the size. Check in was made very easy due to the large number of us and I was impressed with the way it was run. Obviously used to dealing with high volume checkin.
The conference facilities were very good and we were well catered for. The Lunch was a bit limited in choice but was of a good standard. I suppose I cannot complain as it was paid for by the company :).
The evening meal was also of a high standard and tasted very good. We had a few drinks in the bar and I found it to have a good atmosphere with plenty of choice. The bar prices were a bit high, but this is no different to other hotels I have stayed in.
I went in the gym in the evening and in the morning. I found this to be an excellent gym and well equipped. This is a big factor for me and I must say it had one of the best gyms for a hotel and I have stayed in a fair few around Europe.
My room was of a good quality and the shower (a big thing for me) was nice and hot with plenty of power so a big tick from me.

Summary:
I thought this was an excellent hotel with good staff and facilities. I would stay here again and would bring the wife. Well recommended.

Room Tip: Cant help with this but my choice would be to be close to the gym.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BillyK777
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear BillyK777,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review following your recent stay at the Park Royal. We're thrilled that you were satisfied with so many aspects of the hotel, from our efficient check-in staff, to the delicious food we serve and the fantastic gym and it's facilities.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Royal again in the future for a relaxing break - please see our website for some great value deals on a variety of packages, including fantastic spa breaks should you wish to spoil yourself and your wife!

Thank you again for such a great review.

kind regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would like to thank Paul, the General Manager at the Park Royal for replying to my review but was rather confused and concerned that there was no way of responding to his reply within my original post. I did inform Q hotels of this matter via e-mail and waited before replying via this thread as I had no response.
I am so pleased that you are going to mention the outside pool area to your staff but would be grateful of some more information about the smoking area, as your reply was a little vague on this subject.
I have booked again for a weekend on the 9th of November and would be grateful to know whether I will be able to smoke in the annex, which I have observed on many occasions and is always un-used by other guests, meaning that most smokers puff away at the main entrance to this lovely hotel. Not good for new arrivals. I would hate it, if I was a non smoker.
Many thanks for reading and I look forward to staying at this hotel again and your reply.
Sue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 803outnabout203
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear 803outnabout203,

Firstly, we’re delighted to hear that you’re returning to the Park Royal hotel in November – we look forward to welcoming you back!

I apologise my initial response did not answer your queries sufficiently. During the summer months, we operate a ‘No Smoking’ policy in the outdoor courtyard area and provide seating outside the hotel for smokers to use. This is for a number of reasons. The Topiary restaurant opens out onto the courtyard and to make the most of warm, summer evenings, the doors to the restaurant are kept open to allow the fresh air in, which is why we ask guests not to smoke in the courtyard area. Also, many guests enjoy dining in the courtyard area when the weather is pleasant and to ensure the comfort of these guests whilst they dine, we prohibit smoking in this area.

Unfortunately, your experience highlights a slight issue in communication on our part, for which we apologise profusely. We will speak to the staff to ensure they are fully aware of our non smoking policy and can advise guests correctly and helpfully on areas in which they can smoke. During the colder, winter months, guests are allowed to smoke in the courtyard area and this policy will be in place during your November visit.

We do try to monitor guests smoking outside the hotel and ask them to move slightly further away from the door to the paved area opposite the main entrance. Unfortunately, this can be difficult for us to monitor and we do make every attempt to ensure this does not provide any discomfort for our other guests.

I hope my response helps to explain our situation and puts your mind at rest regarding your upcoming visit. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

We look forward to seeing you in November.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have stayed here 3 times in the last year, initially to visit a sick relative and then for her funeral. The facilities at the Park Royal are first class, the food is excellent and the service cannot be bettered. If we need to visit anywhere in the north west in future, we will definitely come back to the Park Royal.

Stayed: October 2012

Dear Tulipbicycle,

Thank you for you review following your recent stay with us – feedback for regular visitors is greatly appreciated as it helps to ensure we are consistently providing a high standard of service. I am sorry to hear the circumstances around your stay and hope our staff did everything they could to ensure your stays have been comfortable and hassle-free.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when you are next in the North West. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your next visit if there is anything you require.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just returned from an overnight spa break at this hotel. I've been on 4 of these breaks in the past but this was the first time in this hotel. The welcome we received from the girls in the spa was warm and welcoming - we were a big party of 22 - and we were all made to feel special and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly commend Jess , she gave me an excellent facial and massage and a pedicure. Her knowledge and professionalism was outstanding and she was great to chat too. The food in the hotel was also outstanding we had lunch and the evening meal and breakfast. I would highly recommend a spa break here.

Room Tip: The hotel is set in a quiet location and all the rooms we had (10 rooms) were well positioned.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank K11MYM

Dear K11MYM,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay at the Park Royal hotel – we were pleased to hear that you and your friends had a lovely spa break! Thank you for your kind recommendation – the team in the spa will be delighted to hear your fantastic comments!
Keep an eye on our website for some fantastic spa deals just in case you and the girls fancy another indulgent and relaxing break away! We’re still running our £99 spa break deal, which includes accommodation, meals and treatments, so be sure to take advantage of this fantastic offer whilst it’s still available!

Thank you again for your kind comment – we hope you welcome you and your friends back to the Park Royal again soon.

Paul

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stretton
Crewe Hall
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
#9 of 22 in Warrington

Been to The Park Royal? Share your experiences!