All reviewsapache junctionsuperstition mountainsboyce thompson arboretumwestern goldlost dutchmanpool and hot tubperfect staycomfortable roomfresh fruitcoffee makerthe breakfast areaspring breakstayed nightswould definitely stay here againvery nice hoteleasy accessfitness center
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Worse stay EVER!!! We booked our room and our son's and his soon to be wife's room in February of this year. Upon arrival we were rudely informed that they did not book our son's room. We booked the rooms for the wedding that was taking place that weekend. I was so upset because Jackie, front desk manager, informed me that they did not have a room for the soon to be bride and groom. I provided proof of payment and the reservation. Still did not fix their error. Jackie left it for the night person to take care of it. Also, she informed me that our room was not ready and I understood that because it was 1:00 p.m., and check in was not until 3:00 p.m. I signed all the appropriate information and provided my card to Jackie. The wedding party ladies all went to have our nails done for the wedding. My husband called me because our room was ready, but the night receptionist did not have any of our information, nor did Jackie leave her with any of our son's information regarding their room. Completely ridiculous and absolutely horrible. My husband had to provide his information, yet I had already provided my card for everything. Get back to the hotel after our prearranged nail appointment and our son's room was right next door to ours. So not cool. Worse weekend hotel stay ever!!! No acknowledgment for Jackie's behavior, rude attitude, and Jackie had the worse memory ever!!! The next day still no apology from her for her screw up.

Best part of the weekend was the beautiful wedding that took place at the Superstition Mountains.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel to stay than this one.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for your response to your stay with us in May. I have had a chance to look into your reservations extensively for your group. From what I can tell is that the first person checking in asked for all the rooms to be checked in and they were all adjusted to be matched and put in the poolside downstairs. These rooms were supposedly only with the same last name. The confusion happened when your daughter checked in with her reservation being a different last name. Unfortunately when reservations are made with different last names we may not fully know people are related or maybe related. When your daughter checked in she was upset at not getting a first floor room as she wished. This sometimes is beyond our control due to the availability of rooms. We are sorry that you feel that your reservations were not handled correctly and we will ensure that such does not reoccur. Congratulations to you and your family on the wedding.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

The rooms were nice and clean ... my husband and I stayed there 2 days for my brother's funeral last week . There was one woman that took tickets for breakfast that was very rude.. she treated us like criminals. Never have we had to have tickets for breakfast that was marginal. Also, only had one half roll of toilet tissue when we arrived in our room .. husband ask the same lady if he could have a roll off the cleaning cart since we were out.. she ask rudely what our room number. Like we were going to steal a roll of toilet tissue . Then the next day after we returned from the funeral .. went to take a shower. Only had one used wash cloth, 2 used towels, no hand towels, one half used bar soap, the container for shower soap was completely out. When I called for more wash cloths and hand towels they brought right down, there excuse was new employee.. they need to retrain personal. Will never stay there again. I

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.
We apologize most sincerely for things shorted in your room. These do not meet our usual high standards and we will certainly be retraining the new staff in such matters. We also issue out breakfast vouchers upon check in and do advise all guests that they will be asked for at breakfast. The vouchers help us account for costs and occupancy.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope you give us another chance to prove ourselves better. Thank you.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The staff there were courteous and pleasant to deal with when we saw them. We were in and out of most of the day but came back to a clean room which great. Nice breakfast which had a very nice selection. The location is about 45 minutes from the airport and has some beautiful hikes in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review.
We are so glad you were able to get in some hiking despite the thriple digit temperatures we have been having.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

Worst experience ever! The night receptionist was a racist and singled me out as I was the only African American guest staying at the property. She required me to show ID at breakfast but didn't require the same from other guest (if she wasn't the same person that checked me in upon my arrival I may not have given to much thought to it). She then referred to me to as the "Black Guy". When I told management of this their response was she is new to the country. So I guess that's ok with management. So I guess African Americans are not welcomed at Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. First, I want to apologize. The Best Western Gold Canyon does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. After speaking with the clerk, she understands that what she said was unacceptable. It is also not our policy to request an ID at breakfast.We ask for vouchers that are issued at check in. We have used this as a teachable moment because it does not meet our high standards. Again, I offer my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

The views are beautiful! Our room is always clean. Good breakfast. Comfy bed and great AC!! It's peaceful and good wifi. Also ggeres a little computer room you can use. Nice bar/lounge. We had a burger that was really good from there.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Thank you HeatherGAz for your lovely review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use our lounge during your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.