All reviewsapache junctionsuperstition mountainsboyce thompson arboretumwestern goldlost dutchmanpool and hot tubperfect staycomfortable roomfresh fruitcoffee makerthe breakfast areaspring breakstayed nightswould definitely stay here againvery nice hoteleasy accessfitness center
Reviewed August 14, 2017

The rooms were nice and clean ... my husband and I stayed there 2 days for my brother's funeral last week . There was one woman that took tickets for breakfast that was very rude.. she treated us like criminals. Never have we had to have tickets for breakfast that was marginal. Also, only had one half roll of toilet tissue when we arrived in our room .. husband ask the same lady if he could have a roll off the cleaning cart since we were out.. she ask rudely what our room number. Like we were going to steal a roll of toilet tissue . Then the next day after we returned from the funeral .. went to take a shower. Only had one used wash cloth, 2 used towels, no hand towels, one half used bar soap, the container for shower soap was completely out. When I called for more wash cloths and hand towels they brought right down, there excuse was new employee.. they need to retrain personal. Will never stay there again. I

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.
We apologize most sincerely for things shorted in your room. These do not meet our usual high standards and we will certainly be retraining the new staff in such matters. We also issue out breakfast vouchers upon check in and do advise all guests that they will be asked for at breakfast. The vouchers help us account for costs and occupancy.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope you give us another chance to prove ourselves better. Thank you.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The staff there were courteous and pleasant to deal with when we saw them. We were in and out of most of the day but came back to a clean room which great. Nice breakfast which had a very nice selection. The location is about 45 minutes from the airport and has some beautiful hikes in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review.
We are so glad you were able to get in some hiking despite the thriple digit temperatures we have been having.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

Worst experience ever! The night receptionist was a racist and singled me out as I was the only African American guest staying at the property. She required me to show ID at breakfast but didn't require the same from other guest (if she wasn't the same person that checked me in upon my arrival I may not have given to much thought to it). She then referred to me to as the "Black Guy". When I told management of this their response was she is new to the country. So I guess that's ok with management. So I guess African Americans are not welcomed at Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. First, I want to apologize. The Best Western Gold Canyon does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. After speaking with the clerk, she understands that what she said was unacceptable. It is also not our policy to request an ID at breakfast.We ask for vouchers that are issued at check in. We have used this as a teachable moment because it does not meet our high standards. Again, I offer my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

The views are beautiful! Our room is always clean. Good breakfast. Comfy bed and great AC!! It's peaceful and good wifi. Also ggeres a little computer room you can use. Nice bar/lounge. We had a burger that was really good from there.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Thank you HeatherGAz for your lovely review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use our lounge during your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I spent two days at this facility for a business meeting. On the first day, the woman at the hotel desk was so shockingly rude I was stunned. Then, a woman I believe to be the franchisee or possibly the manager, came into the meeting room to follow it up with more outrageously rude behavior in front of everyone attending the meeting. And this was not an isolated incident. As the day progressed, I learned that various participants in the meeting were also met with rudeness by these same people. In all seriousness, their conduct was so stunningly inappropriate (especially in a service industry) that it can't adequately be described it in a brief comment. I'll be contacting Best Western HQ directly. Also, I can't comment on the rooms, but the conference rooms were marginal, at best.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
GoldCanyonINN, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Thank you KathyB for bringing your experience to our attention.
This is highly inappropriate behavior as well as not like us usually. We will certainly be providing more training to staff to correct this.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.