“Stunning Views and Great Conditioning”

Gold Canyon Resort - Dinosaur Mountain Golf Course
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Gold Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently redesigned, this course is challenging, secluded, and surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is by far one of the most scenic golf courses in the Phoenix area. When one tees it up at this course, thoughts of shooting a low round should be left in the car at the parking lot. It's impossible to concentrate on the game when there are so many stunning views to look at. The course is always in top notch shape and it does take a couple of rounds there to get a good idea where the landing areas should be.

This is desert golf at it's best. Not exactly target style, but it's important to pick your spots and accept the penalties as well as the rewards. This is definitely a treat to play.

All reviews
"golf course"
in 20 reviews
"pro shop"
in 8 reviews
"you will not be disappointed"
in 4 reviews
"long drive"
"par threes"
"club selection"

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband played with three of his friends and even in the intense heat (8:30 tee time in August) he thoroughly enjoyed the course.

1  Thank sherri j
Reviewed July 13, 2012

For those staying in and around N.Scottsdale, Gold Canyon is certainly a bit of a drive compared to the 'local' courses like TPC, Grayhawk, Boulders, Troon; but MAKE the drive. The first time we drove up to this 36 hole property we felt maybe we had made a mistake because it looked like a throw-back in time and seemed rather plain. We have never stayed at the casitas so cannot comment on staying. The 'range' only allows irons hit off of mats. Of the two courses (Sidewinder and Dinosaur Mountain), we have only played Dinosauar and it is always the first week of May. The course is always in spectacular lush shape, with amazing mountain views, and challenging golf from several tee box options. I would be surprised if anyone would be disappointed with the golf!

3  Thank Scott L
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have a love hate relationship with this course. I was in AZ playing all the nice courses in the summer so that I could get decent rates. Everyone said this was a must play. If you are talking about the course and only the course I have to agree totally. Absolutely beautiful and probably one of my favorite layouts. In great condition. I played it from the back tees the first time around and so it was a little tight from the back. The second time around I the guys I played with played from the blue tees and from the blue it is pretty easy. The hate? The worst practice facilities of any of the courses I have played. The driving range was off of mats and I didn't find a nice chipping green. Customer service was friendly and efficient. Not great. Oh...and no drinking water on the course?

4  Thank cubfaninco
See more reviews
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My friends and I visited this course as part of a golf trip and we really enjoyed the Dinosaur Mountain course. There are fantastic mountain views at every turn and lots of elevated tee boxes.

We visited in the summer, so the grass was a little dried out. I'm sure it is greener in the winter. And the greens were super fast and challenging. But in the end it was a wonderful golf experience and the course was very fun with a lot of interesting holes.

I would certainly come back here and play again!

2  Thank mauiwolf