“will go back”

Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penally
Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Penally B&B and Inns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“will go back”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Having read a poor review the day before was due to stay there for three nights I arrived at Brambles Lodge with a heavy heart. How wrong could I have been. Myself and my daughter had a very pleasant 3 night stay there and would definately return. Jan and Gerald were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was really good and my daughter really impressed with her dippy egg every morning. This is no meand feat th impress her and she is only four. They were full of local knowledge of where to go whats to do and where to eat. My daughter didnt want to leave and wants to return as soon as possible. We've got no reason not to. Than You Brambles lodge

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank tracey m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The place could benefit with more regular cleaning schedules and a lot of airing.
A powerful smell of damp came drifting as soon as I opened the bedroom door, I could even smell the dampness in the wardrobe. The bathroom was appalling, dirty shower, curtains and shower mat. Bedding and towels were clean and fresh, the only positiveness of this place.
Overall, worst place I stayed in so far. Thanks, but not thanks

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Brilliant place,comfortable and welcoming. I think the -ve reports are a bit unfounded.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnB020
Wales
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Arrived for a 2 night stay here and didn't even stay the first night. Their website states that the property is a 10 minute walk to Tenby in fact it is a 45 minute walk to Tenby and a good 10 minute car ride. The B&B itself is run down, shabby and the "reception" is smelly. We decided we couldn't even spend one night there and so left and had to pay again for another hotel actually in Tenby itself. The room was run down and very old. In fact there were magazines in the room from 1998!!!! The sheets were clean but I just could not stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pinkmoyley01
wales
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Since this young couple have taken over Brambles Lodge, Bed & Breakfast accommodation, we have had the honour of staying there on very many occasions. Their hospitality knows no bounds and they run the premises single-handed, provinding excellent, clean accommodation. Their breakfasts would compare with any FIRST CLASS hotel accommodation and they have a great variety of choice on their menu. Jan and Gerald are very welcoming and try to accommodate most requests of their guests, and in fact I would say they go overboard to make sure that their guests have a great time, recommending many local eateries, attractions, and sites of interest. In fact when people have been stuck for transport, Gerald, even during his busy schedule, has acted as an unpaid taxi driver! We have booked yet again for October, December and the New Year. During the time we have stayed at Brambles Lodge (3 years in all) we have met many regular patrons, who have enjoyed Jan & Gerald's hospitality as much as we have and who also return often, making it a very friendly, family, happy experience indeed. Jan and Gerald also hope to improve on their accommodation for 2010, and plans are afoot, so watch this space! The grumps who have written bad reviews on this accommodation, really should have gone to stay at a hotel if they expected 5 star hotel service, from a small, homely, friendly B & B! LORD JOHN & LADY PAULINE STURLEY.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ladyinwales
London
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I am very surprised about the negative reviews for Brambles Lodge. I have stayed here twice (in 2008 and 2009) while walking the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path - I found the owners (Jan and Gerald) to be the most friendly and welcoming owners of any of the guesthouses I stayed in along either stretch of the path. Also, the cooked breakfast was the most filling and generous. As for complaints about the decor, I found this quite charming myself (the negative reviews here must have been written by fans of minimalist modern decor - not my preference at all!).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank MRFThorne
uk
Reviewed August 20, 2009

This b&b needs £100,000 spending on it to bring it up to standard 2 star, it is dated and the decor hasn't been touched since 1973 by the looks and feel of it. Our bedroom was
not big enough to swing a mouse around let alone a cat, the wardrobe was 6 ft high by 6ins wide,
so it is ok if you only have a shirt or a blouse to hang. The room smelt musty and damp,
the breakfast wasn't to bad but a bit greasy and no fresh tomatoes (tinned) cheep cereals and jucies,,,,,,,,,,could'nt wait to leave so I won't be going back there, so if you want to go to this lovely area book in to a decent hotel!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank P&J-7

Been to Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!