“Excellent place to spend your weekend.”

Kamath Residency Nature Resort
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I visited this place with my entire family in August 2013 and I must say that I had a SUPERB experience. The best thing I liked about this place is the service we received,best in class.

We arrived at the resort at 11.00am on saturday and we received a warm welcome. We had booked the Maharaja suite,very spacious and luxurious. The manager Hemant invited us for participating in the adventure sports and activities. My whole family enjoyed a lot and participated in all the activities. Rock climbing, zip-liner, rappelling, archery were some of the activities we participated. The next best thing is the swimming pool. Perfectly located within the premises of the resort helps to have reserve privacy and open to nature.We spent almost 3 hours in the pool. Another best part is that there is a small swimming pool which was ideal for my 2year old son. He never wanted to come out of the pool as he was enjoying every moment in the water. Not to forget my nephew who is a very good swimmer. We literally had to drag him out of the pool as he was not ready to come out from the pool.
After the session in the pool, we spent sometime playing table tennis and carrom, followed by the dancing on the dance floor.
Food quality was good and saw lot of variety throughout the stay.
I will recommend this place to everyone who wants to visit and have a stress-free time.
Positives:
1.Excellent service
2.Adventure sports
3.Swimming pool
4.Spacious and comfortable rooms

I want to thank the owner and management of this place for creating such a wonderful place.
Would love to visit this place again for sure.Thank you

Room Tip: If you have a big family, Maharaja suite is the best room to settle in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirish1980

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We from Colgate business Services P Ltd. came to Kamath Residency for Team building activity and it was really a wonderful experience, services ranging from hotel staff, food, adventure and team building avtivities were organised fantastically and really find the experience worth remembering. we around 40 people visited kamath and will also encourage other people to visit kamath and enjoy.

thank you.

Manish

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Sometimes, you find yourself in middle nowhere, and sometimes, in middle of nowhere, you find yourself.... If I really want to share my experience at Kamath Residency in one line, then this would be definitely my one line. I'm not kind of person who usually write reviews of my travel experience but this is definitely worth my time. When I really think of getaway, I expect it to be peaceful, luxurious and at the same time some place which is surrounded by nature. Being a cameraman I've travelled a lot and trust me there are few places which I feel like visiting again and again.
After a longtime I've found a place which has excellent service in the midst of nature. Kamath Residency is beautifully maintained resort with two swimming pools and play area. I feel it's a place to rejuvenate, and get back to your work. I don't think you'll ever regret choosing Kamath Residency. As I told you earlier that I'm not a kind of person who usually write a review, but this place is definitely worth sharing my experience. Beautifully maintained resort and staff which is ready for services even at late night. Kamath Residency is definitely worth visiting.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank apurvatrip
Gopalkamath, Owner at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for you kind appreciation.As you see our resort is an attempt to give our guest true nature experience and you seem to have got the flavor.
Regards,
Gopal Kamath

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited this resort in the month of Dec'12, in want of a leisure and fun filled family trip. I must say that Kamath Residency exceeded my expectations!!

We were accommodated in their Maharaja suit, which was very spacious and luxurious. After a sumptuous Lunch we headed to join resorts complimentary fun activities of rappelling, wall climbing and zip lining which were very thrilling and refreshing. The specialty of this resort is, that it offers you host of so much activities that you cannot get bored. Next day was equal fun with trip to Kolad's white water rafting, water sports like Banana Ride, Kayaking and visit to nearby spots like Dams and Forts.

I think if one is looking for a fun filled refreshing trip, then Kamath residency is the best deal around. Its one and a half day check-out timing is just superb and all meals included is just icing on the cake. Resort's in-house activities and photogenic spots makes your day and very co-ordeal and helpful staff makes stay and travel simple a superb experience.

If you are looking forward for family bonding and some stress relief, then Kamath residency simply Rocks!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MridulaAgarwal
Gopalkamath, Owner at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review .
I really appreciate you taking so much time and writing about our resort in great detail.Not everybody is so enthusiastic about writing a review like you.
I am also very happy you have liked the experience each time you have visited our resort.We shall strive to keep up the guest experience at all times.
Thank you once again for appreciating us and letting us serve you,
Until Next Time,
Gopal Kamath,
Director,
Kamath Residency Adventure Resort Nagothane

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had booked a package which included white water rafting, Imagica and stay at the resort.

Everything was coordinated and arranged through Mr. Hemant, who was extremely helpful, very efficient and accommodating to our haywire schedule.

The resort itself has an exceptional ambience. It is very beautiful, full of greenery and well maintained. There is peace for the people looking to just unwind and relax. and has loads of other stuff to do for people wanting a more active holiday.

The staff is very courteous and prompt in their service. A late night request for a birthday cake was fulfilled happily.

Food served veg & non-veg was great.

Overall it was a lovely experience and will definitely be coming back again.

-Sahil Rana

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sahil_Rana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was very keen to explore river rafting and decided to book Kundalika River rafting package. Since all the rooms were full in campsite, I decided to stay at Kamath’s Residency for the night and venture Kundalika river early morning. My journey stared from Mumbai and after a very tiring journey through bad roads and crazy truck drivers, we reached Kamath’s Residency at 5pm. I’ll share my experience by describing what they are good at and where they need to work:
Positives:
• Very easy to find. On Mum-Goa highway and is easily accessible
• Food is above average. Non veg food was good.
• Swimming pool is beautifully positioned
• Staff are courteous and professional.
Negatives:
• The very first point I want to rate down is “Hygiene”. When I entered the room, it smelled just like those cheap lodges. We stayed in cottage facing a rice paddy field
• Bed, bathroom was unclean. The bathroom curtains had innumerable stains. I was not able to enter the bathroom after seeing this.
• Poor Service 1: I had called in evening to order some non veg starters and was informed that the kitchen would open at 7.30pm. Later when I called at 7.30pm, I was told that it would take time to prepare this and finally the dish arrived late. I paid for the entire package with food, but I didn’t expect to have Bhel puri, oil lagged pakoras and chai in evening snacks buffet when you pay 2K for food.
• Poor Service 2: I had specifically informed that I’ll be leaving to river rafting by 6.30am. Early morning, the geyser is off (I was terrified how my wife will react to this) I had to call the reception to turn on the geyser and they told me that they will send someone in 15 minutes. Which I assume will take 30+ minutes to get the water boiled. I had to use cold water for bath which really spoilt my mood. The real horror began when my wife had to take bath in cold water…I can’t express this in words what happened to me after this 
• Very Expensive. I paid almost 5K for this booking and in the end what I get is a stale room with 10inch Aiwa TV. Who uses such TV in today’s world. When I pay a hefty sum, I assume that I would get the right infrastructure in the room. I was very displeased with the quality of bedsheets, curtains, appliances in the room. I can give better examples of resort who give superior services at the very same cost. Not to mention that this is an offseason.
Overall, don’t visit this place if you’re with your family especially if you have a wife who is a hygiene freak. This place is nowhere what they show in pictures on their website. I would suggest to visit this place if you’re with a group of friends who want to relax on the Mum-Goa highway or for the corporates who are on a tight budget. I felt paying 7k for this resort was not worth! My advice to the management is to invest on the quality of products and services you offer. You have good staff, location and property which you can capitalize on!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheBackpackerVlog
Gopalkamath, Owner at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing about your experience at our resort and I deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our resort and please understand It was definitely not our intention to do so. You are important to us and we exist because of you.

As you may recollect the past 7 days it has been raining extremely heavily (More so in the konkan area where our resort is located) and the problem of mild odour (In hotel rooms) arised which we have been actively fighting by keeping the rooms open for an hour to refresh the indoor air quality.We have also been spraying air fresheners before checking.

I regret you could not get snacks on time and I have taken my staff up for task and shall make sure the needs of our guests are met at all times.

I deeply resent you had such a terrible experience majorly due to our internal service delivery issues and would certainly like to make it up to you.

I would like to offer you a complimentary stay with your family at our resort and we shall make sure you have a wonderful time.

Please speak with our sales team for your Stay details,
We have tied up with Adlabs Imagica - an Theme park just 1/2 hour drive from our resort for our in-house guests to enjoy.
You could plan and visit it from our resort.
Thank you for advising us to update our facilities at the resort and we shall be actively working towards doing the same.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hi , I was travelling with my wife to Goa, since this was my first visit to Goa, I was in dilemma in term of location, services food and intercity travel. I am must say Hotel Kamath has ensured all those worries were twisted to happy memories.

Food since I pure veg was very well suited to my taste ( although i went in the non season they didn’t compromise on the value). its very well connected to all the beaches, room and other services were excellent, reception were very receptive. sight seeing was well organised and for the first timer it was very informative as the guide was well versed with the area.

overall it was pleasing experience and definitely next time and every time I am gone stay in this resort

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dipsy1982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nagothane
UK's Resort Khopoli
Dr Modi's Resort
Dr Modi's Resort
#1 of 1 in Nagothane
United 21 Panoramic Resort, Karnala

Been to Kamath Residency Nature Resort? Share your experiences!