“Lovely Find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Three Mariners

The Three Mariners
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Oare
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Margate, United Kingdom
“Lovely Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Someone told me to come out here for a meal.. It was very nice indeed, bit of a drive for me on a Sunday, but worth it. It is a real gastro pub. Young helpful staff, good portions & great flavours.
Took some friends there & we all agreed that we will return.

• Visited May 2013

london
“My favourite pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I think this is a great pub - local food sourced responsibly of outstanding value (£11.99 Walkers lunch is a steal for three courses!). We have never had a bad meal here and feel that it really is a cut above even most gastropub standards. Service is always friendly and flexible and they are willing to accommodate fussy (well behaved!) children. There is a garden with some play equipment and a sunny terrace. Great walks down the estuary nearby to spot birds and seals. We travel from London to walk here and agree it's a great day out.

• Visited May 2013
sheerness uk
“Needs more meats on the Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had a nice evening meal at the 3 Mariners however I was disappointed in the menu as there was only 1 meal that I could eat as I am not a great fan of fish and the other meat options, beef cheeks, was a bit offputting for me so I had the slow braised beef which was nice but could have done with more veg and definitely some more meat options. Nice desserts but nothing really special just nice. The staff were great - a real asset to the pub- but other reviewers are right about the loos - very "bog standard" & need a do over. If you love fish (& this is their speciality I know) - this is ideal.

• Visited March 2013
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Great value, great quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent value and lovely food with professional service. £12 for 3 courses and everything was great. No wonder they are often fully booked.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Back Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place is becoming one of our favourite places. Although there is meat on the menu we always opt for the fish which mostly caught locally. My whitebait starter is almost a meal in itself and my main of locally caught Brill fillets was so good if I could have licked the plate I would have. We had cheese at the end and although the selection was really good the cheese had come straight from a chiller as per EU regulations and was really too cold to have any flavour, but don't be put off by this, if you know you would like cheese, order it along with the rest of your meal and they will prepare it then. The place as usual was heaving but the staff are young, brilliant and attentive and we will be going back.

• Visited April 2013