“Great Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Three Mariners

The Three Mariners
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Oare
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dover, United Kingdom
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited with my family in January. We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere here. Nice Staff, very friendly place.

• Visited January 2013

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“A return visit is the best review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having dined on the fabulous Walkers Menu late last year I wanted to come back and try the a la carte evening menu.

I just managed to get a reservation for an early time slot on a saturday evening but would strongly recommend booking well in advance as it is a very popular hostelry.

I took some family members with me who certainly like good food are used to and one of them is particularly fond of fish.

We were all delighted by the friendly and effecient service we received and the roaring fire in the centre of the room on a cold February evening was very welcoming.

The menu does vary depending on what is available but none of my party had any problems selecting something for their taste. We all agreed that the food was very well cooked and beautifully presented.

I had no complaints and with two visits under my belt (now let out a bit more!) I will be going back.

1 Thank Michael M
Stockbury
“Excellent quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our third visit and the food has always been of a consistently high quality. The set priced mid week menu has a good selection of dishes made with first class ingredients. The staff are also very friendly and efficient

“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

After lots of recommendations we booked for Saturday lunch. We were rushed through to a table although we did ask to have a drink at the bar before we ate. We didn't see the A la carte so chose the walkers menu which seemed very good value (although I only wanted a light bite) we chose our 3 courses and they were rushed through, my sea bass was very greasy and the vegetables were plonked on the plate. Although the 3 courses were good value the price of the drinks were expensive so a good value lunch for £24 turned into £50 with drinks. I was really disappointed, I wasn't relaxed and wouldn't rush back. Sorry!

1 Thank Lounorth
Maidstone
“Good but could be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited the pub / restaurant with my wife for dinner. We had been looking forward to our visit having read a number of positive reviews.

I was impressed with the atmosphere inside. It was busy but relaxed, everyone appeared to be enjoying themselves.

The menu changes daily and there was a wide range of great looking dishes. We had three courses each and enjoyed all of them.

The only negatives for us was the coffee was poor and served before the dessert arrived. Also the Service could have been more attentive for the relatively small number of tables. Overall, the food was good as was the atmosphere. However probably not quite good enough to warrant the long journey for a return visit.

1 Thank padibasic74