Days Inn Decatur Southeast
$98
Stay Lodge(Decatur)
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness center
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswaffle machinenight stayroom was cleanstaff was friendly and helpfulgreat rateexcellent stayenjoyed my staytennessee riverdaysinnal
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed at this Days Inn from 4/18 to 4/20 for a weekend wedding and was highly disappointed by the room. Cracked window, musty odor covered by lemon scented air freshener and the lights worked about 50% of the time. The lady at the front desk (don't remember her name, but she had an Australian accent) was super helpful and even recommended places to eat nearby. The upside to this hotel was that it wasn't far from the airport, but it ended up being super far from the location of the wedding (not their fault).

I would hope that the management will start making improvements, the least of which would be to fix the cracked window, replace the lights and/or ballasts and seal the room better. The room was musty smelling and felt really humid which I took to mean that water was getting into the room somehow. Because the room was so damp, I did not feel comfortable sleeping without being fully dressed. The manager was informed but didn't seem to care and I wasn't surprised at all. If this Days Inn was better maintained like others I have stayed in, I am sure they would get better ratings. Aside from that, this location has a paltry continental breakfast but I also expected that. I really couldn't get a room for super cheap and expect anything other than breakfast cereal and milk.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SamFudge
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at this Days Inn and did not experience all the problems most of the other post complained about. I admit it was not better than a 2 star hotel, but we never saw bugs and the beds were ok.

Compaired to the other hotels around this is probably one of the better ones.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Bug bites everywhere, on my face arms back feet. Im writing this review at 12:43 am because I cant sleep cause im being attacked by bugs. If you can stay somewhere else do it. Sleepless

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I don't expect 5 star ammenities when staying at Days Inn but this particular stay was about what I would have expected from a hotel of this caliber. There were 4 of us during this trip and we had two rooms at opposite ends of the hotel. Both rooms seemed adequate. Everything worked, relatively clean, didn't wake up with back pain. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast offerrings were meager, but again, average for this type of hotel. Wonderful steakhouse directly across the parking lot. Overall, I really can't find much to complain about.

Room Tip: Based on other reviews I've seen, it appears to be hit and miss with satisfaction. But my stay was fine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Dirty bed, dirty bathroom, there were two flies in the room flying around, TV remote didn't work. When I went to exchange a new remote I was told to wait for 10 minutes to go back to my room and to call reception to get instructions to program TV! I didn't call!

Terrible "continental breakfast". Incredibly diluted coffee. Distasteful milk. Fake orange juice. I didn't eat there.

There were stones on the stairs. Very dangerous.

Room Tip: Ask for a better room after careful and close inspection.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business